England World Cup Qualifying Thread (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

The bookies have us as 5/1 favourites. If you're that confident we're shite, feel free to lay us on Betfair Exchange. £300 lay will cover your Cov season ticket for next season. I look forward to the screen shot of your bet.
Il donate 100 pound to a charity of your choice , I'm that confident we won't win it

Screenshot etc

Brighton Sky Blue

The bookies have us as 5/1 favourites. If you're that confident we're shite, feel free to lay us on Betfair Exchange. £300 lay will cover your Cov season ticket for next season. I look forward to the screen shot of your bet.

I haven't gambled since 2012 but that's basically printing money.

Grendel

*you're

Been drinking Grenners?

Absolutely me old geezer - were you down Wembley way tonight me old cockney mate - yeah had a few pigs ears and even some gold watch - know where I’m coming from old mucker?

Evo1883

The funny thing is ...Denmark who have taken 4 points off us in the last year are 50/1 ... now Denmark have absolutely no chance almost of winning the euros either btw .
Portugal are 9/1 to win it , Belgium 5.5/1 (number 1 ranked team in the world)France 5/1 , who have a better squad than us on paper too

Don't get it me at all

David O'Day

Absolutely me old geezer - were you down Wembley way tonight me old cockney mate - yeah had a few pigs ears and even some gold watch - know where I’m coming from old mucker?

Weirdo

The irony in a piss stained weirdo who only posts on here because the Telegraph won't post his letters anymore posting that is gold.

Covstu

We ground out a win but it was shite to watch. We have some awesome talent but just aren’t clicking.

Grendel

Weirdo

The irony in a piss stained weirdo who only posts on here because the Telegraph won't post his letters anymore posting that is gold.

wow what a zinger of a response - I’m crushed

David O'Day

wow what a zinger of a response - I’m crushed

Well it's the truth Grenners, you are the forums well known fantasist. What with your pretend career and pretend investments and pretend life.

You are the forums joke, bullied on my multiple people on every thread you post on.

You are a weirdo but you are unintentional comedy gold.

Never change mate

Grendel

Well it's the truth Grenners, you are the forums well known fantasist. What with your pretend career and pretend investments and pretend life.

You are the forums joke, bullied on my multiple people on every thread you post on.

You are a weirdo but you are unintentional comedy gold.

Never change mate

Are you Brahms and List mate?

You ain’t got a Danny La Rue me old cockney mucker

David O'Day

Anyway back on to ignore you go, i'll let you finish your white lightening in peace.

No need to derail another thread.

CJ_covblaze

Got lucky but this kind of performance against a team that started a Barnsley CB is why we are miles away from winning the Euros.

Still CJ will tell us how good the performance was ;)

Should be playing better and made a few mistakes no doubt but we were by far the better side. 3 wins, 9 goals scored and one conceded is good enough for me. Especially after what some of the other better nations have done this break. Hopefully that’s the last game we can’t attend. Positive signs are there for the warm ups and tournament even if it’s just the games in this country. E333591A-DF95-44D8-AF46-07EB7A6EF59C.png E333591A-DF95-44D8-AF46-07EB7A6EF59C.png

CJ_covblaze

What are you talking about? What does it matter what Germany are doing.

England are simply not good enough and Southgate isn't a good enough manager.

We put a performance like that in against Belgium or France etc and we get dicked.

We played like that (we were poorer if anything) against Belgium and won.

TM8792

Southgate is very good at getting results against these lesser to average squads, but will completely shit the bed and play horribly defensive against any half-decent team or in any meaningful game.

I hope we have a terrible tournament and lose every game so this clown is gone before the World Cup.

Ccfcisparks

Should be playing better and made a few mistakes no doubt but we were by far the better side. 3 wins, 9 goals scored and one conceded is good enough for me. Especially after what some of the other better nations have done this break. Hopefully that’s the last game we can’t attend. Positive signs are there for the warm ups and tournament even if it’s just the games in this country.View attachment 19399View attachment 19399
We played San Marino, that 9 goals scored stat is pointless.

skyblue1991

I thought Rice was an overrated player as commented in once of these threads but he has done well this season both for West Ham & England and deserves the DM spot.

We don't need Phillips in the starting 11 and should instead be starting a more attack minded midfielder. I would use Mount in the centre and Grealish on the left when fit.

Kane does drop into midfield often but that's because he does it at Spurs due to Son and Moura being available. We need to build aroud this and another attacking midfielder will provide more options

It should be exciting times for England but doesn't feel like it. Hopefully the Euros fever will rekindle it

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Should be playing better and made a few mistakes no doubt but we were by far the better side. 3 wins, 9 goals scored and one conceded is good enough for me. Especially after what some of the other better nations have done this break. Hopefully that’s the last game we can’t attend. Positive signs are there for the warm ups and tournament even if it’s just the games in this country.View attachment 19399View attachment 19399

We were very, very below par against a team we should beaten a lot more easily.

Yes we had a lot of the ball but we didn't really do anything apart play in front of them.

CJ_covblaze

We played San Marino, that 9 goals scored stat is pointless.

Point is I would’ve taken that international break at the start. We clearly need to be more clinical and cut out the mistakes like we saw from Stones but I feel a lot better about us going forward than I would as a fan of most other nations.

CJ_covblaze

We were very, very below par against a team we should beaten a lot more easily.

Yes we had a lot of the ball but we didn't really do anything apart play in front of them.

That needs addressing no doubt.

Evo1883

Just been having a look at english defenders in the Premier league ...and John stones has a much higher rate of errors that lead to goals over players like Harry Maguire and James tarkoswki ..

He's made 7 errors in 180 games to Maguire and tarkoswki making only 2 in 150 odd games

Doesn't sound alot but compared to let's say Laurent Koscielny he played 255 games and made 3 errors that lead to goals .

Just screams overrated to me , only looks half decent in a good side

John Terry 6 errors in 492 matches

Frostie

Just been having a look at english defenders in the Premier league ...and John stones has a much higher rate of errors that lead to goals over players like Harry Maguire and James tarkoswki ..

He's made 7 errors in 180 games to Maguire and tarkoswki making only 2 in 150 odd games

Doesn't sound alot but compared to let's say Laurent Koscielny he played 255 games and made 3 errors that lead to goals .

Just screams overrated to me , only looks half decent in a good side

John Terry 6 errors in 492 matches

Certainly was a deserved criticism of him previously & he lost his place in both the City & England teams as a result.

However he has been superb this year &, with the exception of last night, had pretty much managed to eradicate that from his game. Let's not pile on by far our best defender on the back of one error. I'd much rather have somebody comfortable on the ball in that position than the other options available.

CJ_covblaze

One the subject of Harry Kane he’s clearly up there with the best in the world for goal scoring but it isn’t even the best part of his game. He’s so much better when he drops back and plays it to others.

Users who are viewing this thread