England World Cup Qualifying Thread (3 Viewers)

covmark

We aren’t a million miles away, my point is the teams that people claim are miles in front aren’t. Germany lose to North Macedonia, France drew at home to Ukraine. We beat Belgium at home not long ago
Also Belgium drew against the Czech Republic. Strange results happen. We won though. Don't get the angst.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

We aren’t a million miles away, my point is the teams that people claim are miles in front aren’t. Germany lose to North Macedonia, France drew at home to Ukraine. We beat Belgium at home not long ago

Germany are a side in transition at the moment and yes while we beat Belgium they normally beat us easily including the last time we played them.

Lets not kid ourselves we are not going to win the Euros.

mark82

Not many of the big teams are out there anihilating opponents. Germany lost, France won 1-0 against Bosnia. Spain only beat Kosovo 3-1 at home. Italy won 2-0 against Lithuania and one of those was a 94th minute penalty. Portugal scraped a win against Luxembourg yesterday. Only really Netherlands and Belgium who had comfortable wins against Gibraltar and Belarus respectively.

Sky Blue Harry H

I switched off the England game for the last few minutes (after we'd gone ahead) to witness the North Macedonia victory (felt like a big moment for them, and I wanted to see how happy they were !!)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Germany are a side in transition at the moment and yes while we beat Belgium they normally beat us easily including the last time we played them.

I don’t think we will, but to scoff at us not being dark horses is wrong. Performances at this point don’t matter.

all our games are home, this will give us an edge

covmark

For pointing out he actually fouls then acts like he has been shot?
He was trying to take a bit of pressure off the defence, and won a free kick. Decent play for me.
Weird that any shithousery you're usually a fan of.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

True but Germany over the last year have drew twice with Switzerland, lost 6-0 to Spain, drew with Turkey and now have lost to Macedonia.

They aren't the same

They are a side who finished bottom of their group at the last world cup.

Brighton Sky Blue

Also impressed that BioNTech was starting up front for Poland, not the same without Pfizer up front with him understandably.

David O'Day

Are you for real? Kane is probably the one genuinely world class player we have.

He is but he tries to play for England like he does Spurs, dropping deep and looking to start the attack. Sadly for him with England we don't have the likes of Son or Moura making 50 yard breakneck runs to get behind the defence.

SBAndy

It was shit because it was shit

Not necessarily referring to this game, just every England game people are raging because we’ve not smashed some no-mark team like Denmark out the park. For what it’s worth, I didn’t think much to the second half performance tonight.

David O'Day

With regards to Germany at the Euros there's every chance they finish 3rd in their group and it could depend on how many they can score against Hungary to see if they qualify.

TomRad85

I don’t think we will, but to scoff at us not being dark horses is wrong. Performances at this point don’t matter.

all our games are home, this will give us an edge
We're dark horses because we have a decent set of players. Get a better manager and we'd be a far lighter shade of horse.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

With regards to Germany at the Euros there's every chance they finish 3rd in their group and it could depend on how many they can score against Hungary to see if they qualify.

Ok David. At least your trying.

David O'Day

Not necessarily referring to this game, just every England game people are raging because we’ve not smashed some no-mark team like Denmark out the park. For what it’s worth, I didn’t think much to the second half performance tonight.

This the same Denmark who finished above us in the Nations League and beat us at home? That no mark team? ;)

Evo1883

Suarez is having a good season too

He's been a great striker tbh

422 goals in 600 odd games

Barnsley

Honestly don’t know how people can watch the underachievers anymore, I’ve not watched them for years, and never will again, you get a beer from the fridge, you order a takeaway, you sit down and turn the TV on, and you’ve put more effort into watching the game, than the team does playing in it.

TomRad85

I don't think kane will have had the career of suarez by the time he retires tbh ...cracking number 9
Suarez is one of the best players of his generation and should be remembered as such.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Honestly don’t know how people can watch the underachievers anymore, I’ve not watched them for years, and never will again, you get a beer from the fridge, you order a takeaway, you sit down and turn the TV on, and you’ve put more effort into watching the game, than the team does playing in it.
I think a large part of it is expectation driven by premier league bias and the media / pundits drooling over quite literally anybody that pulls an England shirt on

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

The bookies have us as 5/1 favourites. If you're that confident we're shite, feel free to lay us on Betfair Exchange. £300 lay will cover your Cov season ticket for next season. I look forward to the screen shot of your bet.

SBAndy

This the same Denmark who finished above us in the Nations League and beat us at home? That no mark team? ;)

Literally my point - apologies if you hadn’t followed that. People get unrealistically angry about England performances/results. Had one chap in the pub last year when England were drawing 1-1 with Belgium saying that we were rubbish because we didn’t do enough backheels.

Users who are viewing this thread