England win Euros or Sky Blues get promoted to Premier League? (1 Viewer)

England win Euros or Sky Blues get promoted to Premier League?

• Total voters

Skyblue_CP

Been talking to my mate today and we couldn't agree on which it would be!

Bugsy

Sky blues all day long ...PUSB

but while it's on England all day Sunday 😆

Can't wait

NortonSkyBlue

Of course I want both, it’s not an either/or, I would love England to win on Sunday which is a two horse race now and bask in the feel good factor that it will bring.
I would be delighted if the crowd respected the Italian anthem and there was no stupidity if we were to lose. Club and Country.

Legia Sky Blue

Cov every time. Obviously want England to win, but I am not as emotionally invested watching England, and it wouldn't have the same long term impact. After one enjoyable night it would be back to dull friendlies & qualifying matches at Wembley, whereas for Cov it could transform the club (if managed properly) on a long term basis.

Covkid1968#

Honestly I couldn’t give a shit if England lose Sunday - club v country is as different as night versus day
I’ve got much more attachment to City than England who,to me,are just 11 players who I’ve got no affinity with
I started off like that… but in true band waggon style I’m all over the Euros when we got to the semis . But always the club for me first.

larry_david

All about Cov. I check cov news about 40 times a day, post on a cov forum and bore people at work about bright and gyo signing, it's all about Cov.

England done really well but let's be honest, that draw opening up is like Tim henman avoiding Nadal, Federer, novak and samprass. Can only beat who's in front of you of course and on Sunday they actually face a real team.

ovduk78

CCFC getting to the Premier League just for 1 season will have a massive impact on our financial stability and will probably result in new owners and be brilliant for the City of Coventry.

But, England winning the Euros would be brilliant for the country and would finally put the ghost of 1966 to bed and make the Scots, Welsh & Irish hate us even more. I don't know how many times a Scot has said to me "All you English ever go on about is 1966" and I have replied with "Well you brought it up!"

Normally I would choose CCFC but for this one it has to be England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

All about Cov. I check cov news about 40 times a day, post on a cov forum and bore people at work about bright and gyo signing, it's all about Cov.

England done really well but let's be honest, that draw opening up is like Tim henman avoiding Nadal, Federer, novak and samprass. Can only beat who's in front of you of course and on Sunday they actually face a real team.
I hate this argument “the draw opening up”
We were supposed to play Spain in the quarters - finished second to Sweden

It was supposed to be Holland in the semis but they blew it against the Czech Republic.

opening up means we avoided the big names not necessarily the better teams

Sick Boy

CCFC getting to the Premier League just for 1 season will have a massive impact on our financial stability and will probably result in new owners and be brilliant for the City of Coventry.

But, England winning the Euros would be brilliant for the country and would finally put the ghost of 1966 to bed and make the Scots, Welsh & Irish hate us even more. I don't know how many times a Scot has said to me "All you English ever go on about is 1966" and I have replied with "Well you brought it up!"

Normally I would choose CCFC but for this one it has to be England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Why would England winning the Euros make Ireland hate England even more? It’s the 3rd most popular sport in the country.
I think the Lansdowne Road riot and England fans doing nazi salutes and throwing wood into the family stand probably had more impact than ‘66.

CJ_covblaze

Love my club and City. Winning tomorrow though will be hard to match when it comes to football. The joy it would create for the entire country at any time would be important but even more so considering what has happened in the last year or so. The economy has needed the spike this tournament has brought and hopefully it will continue with a successful Olympics.

SBAndy

I think people are a little misguided if they think winning tomorrow won’t really make a difference, and it’ll be just back to usual with the friendlies and qualifiers. This would be massive for the entire country, the general elation would be immense. Even non-football fans getting swept up by it.

NorthernWisdom

Obviously if we win tomorrow, that automatically means we *must* have a thoroughly miserable club season. Therefore, to avoid that particular causality, we *must* lose to ensure our triumphs in the coming year ahead.

ovduk78

Why would England winning the Euros make Ireland hate England even more? It’s the 3rd most popular sport in the country.
I think the Lansdowne Road riot and England fans doing nazi salutes and throwing wood into the family stand probably had more impact than ‘66.
I didn't say they hated us for 1966 & they have reasons to hate the English for things done for many years. I'm not sure if the Welsh and Irish are as bad as the Scots for supporting "Anyone but England" and buying flags & shirts of whoever England are playing but I doubt that there is alot of support for England tomorrow.

CJ_covblaze

I hate this argument “the draw opening up”
We were supposed to play Spain in the quarters - finished second to Sweden

It was supposed to be Holland in the semis but they blew it against the Czech Republic.

opening up means we avoided the big names not necessarily the better teams

Bang on the money. Best 4 teams this tournament are in the semis and the best two are in the final. Same goes for 2018 and that’s how it normally goes. 2016 we rightly were one of the 16 best sides and didn’t deserve any more than that.

Evo1883

So having had this explained to me it makes more sense really .

This is never a choice we will have to make , and it's also something that can happen together .

If it was a strict choice its coventry , I simply love coventry city more than I love the english national team .

However , this is never a choice I will have to make so I want both to happen

Last edited:

Yorkshire SB

I don’t think I’m country over club per se, but during major tournaments I feel myself wanting England to win even more than Cov. I think it’s something about the jeopardy, a major tournament could end at any time and they don’t come around often. If Cov lose then we go again next week.

It’s been a bit different the past few years as we’ve had some monumental games, Notts, Exeter, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Rotherham, Derby to name a few.

Mucca Mad Boys

In a minority here, but England. The reality is that if we got promoted, we’d probably get relegated straight away whereas winning the Euros would immortalise a group of players.

If we were guaranteed to stay in the top flight for 30+ years like last time, that might change my thinking.

The club v country debate is a bit silly though. We can support both teams with equal intensity.

Terry_dactyl

Love a football tournament but not particularly bothered about who wins them.
Unless a Cov player is playing for a particular side.

Evo1883

In a minority here, but England. The reality is that if we got promoted, we’d probably get relegated straight away whereas winning the Euros would immortalise a group of players.

If we were guaranteed to stay in the top flight for 30+ years like last time, that might change my thinking.

The club v country debate is a bit silly though. We can support both teams with equal intensity.

I think for me personally I DONT support both teams with equal intensity.

Pre covid I'd missed 11 matches home and away In 6 years , travelled thousands of miles , spent thousands of pounds, stood in open top stands in awful conditions .. not taken jobs that worked Saturdays ...things like that .

With England I just watch 11 Premier league players on TV who represent my country.

So I don't actively support them both equally .

I was more nervous when we played Rotherham than I was when we played Denmark in the semi final

I do however understand both can happen and I'd be over the moon either way

SBT

We now all know what promotion feels like for Cov, and getting promoted again presumably wouldn’t feel much different to me than the last time (I don’t place any special importance on the Premier League, sorry Sky)

England winning a major tournament would be something that an entire generation has never experienced, and I can share it with all my friends and family - the collective joy would be something totally different.

I’d never say I’m ‘country over club’, far from it, but there’s a really good case for wanting the England win instead, especially given my expectations for both teams at this moment in time.

oakey

England purely because my 10 year old self watched them knocked out by W. Germany in 1970 and I've waited long enough for glory. CCFC I've seen win at Wembley and promotion seasons.
Finally I saw most of the years in the top division and it really doesn't bother me which division we play in as long as we're playing well and not struggling.
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread