England win Euros or Sky Blues get promoted to Premier League? (2 Viewers)

England win Euros or Sky Blues get promoted to Premier League?

• Total voters

oscillatewildly

Why would England winning the Euros make Ireland hate England even more? It’s the 3rd most popular sport in the country.
I think the Lansdowne Road riot and England fans doing nazi salutes and throwing wood into the family stand probably had more impact than ‘66.
That and just the little issue of 500 years of meddling with their country.

oscillatewildly

Don’t worry them blowing up women and children is still sore but we try and look to the future
I have no (traceable) Irish ancestry, so I'm not wishing to take any particular side. Just stating historical fact as to a reason why (some) Irish people enjoy seeing England fail.

Grendel

I have no (traceable) Irish ancestry, so I'm not wishing to take any particular side. Just stating historical fact as to a reason why (some) Irish people enjoy seeing England fail.

They never seemed too bothered when they actually were a half decent side relying on English born players who’d never seen Ireland until they were chosen

Northants Sky Blue

Me and my old man used to go over this and it was City every single time.

Obviously I want to win tomorrow but comparing how I feel now with before the Rotherham game is night and day!

The shared experience of club football is far stronger for me than watching Chelsea and Man City players playing for `us' with Ray from Accounts jumping on a bandwagon he doesn't understand

oscillatewildly

Me and my old man used to go over this and it was City every single time.

Obviously I want to win tomorrow but comparing how I feel now with before the Rotherham game is night and day!

The shared experience of club football is far stronger for me than watching Chelsea and Man City players playing for `us' with Ray from Accounts jumping on a bandwagon he doesn't understand
Surely not the same Rays from accounts that flocked to Hillsborough and Wembley in 1987?

Gynnsthetonic

I just can't get the enthusiasm for England as I do City, The pubs I drink in around The Binley Rd area full of passionate England fans but won't be anywhere near the CBS arena first game cus they support the Chelseas and Man Utds of this world! Support your local club the same as your country!!!!!

larry_david

I saw die hard cov fans on twitter at 8am saying they felt sick the morning eng were playing Denmark. I wish i could feel that way about England but I have no affiliation with eng players. Watching sterling diving, kane diving, grealish flying over every time someone breathes near him.

It's bad enough when o hare does it

Lost my point there actually

SBAndy

It really isn't. What is mental that some of our "Fans" would rather us win the EURO's, not even the World Cup, than us get promoted to the Premier League and probably secure our future for the next 15 to 20 years. Now that is mental.

But now you’ve started a different argument. Norwich lost 7 games last season and won the league at a canter. If the game against Forest was make or break I’d get it. It’s not, so I don’t.

SBT

Does this mean if we beat Forest on the opening day, I have to celebrate as hard as I will tomorrow if England win?

Grendel

Much in the same way innocent Irish men, women and children were murdered by the British.

My memory might not be what it was but I can’t recall an English political movement supporting the bombing of a McDonald’s on Irish soil

Ccfcisparks

A choice we’d never have to make. I want City to win, I want England to win. Why does this always come up?

People shouldn’t act like England winning the Euro’s doesn’t mean much to them.
Never said England winning doesn't mean much, but if I had to choose between them it would be CCFC every time.

Esoterica

I’d normally always be club over country. Would rather pay to watch our reserves play Leamington than watch a qualifier for example. But England winning a major tournament vs a promotion to the PL is tough. I don’t much like the Premier League so not so fussed about promotion there and then watching us get spanked for another season. Financial stability and potential ownership change are the interesting parts. And that’s not guaranteed in this scenario 🙂

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Instinct is to say City

BUT

when I thought about it us getting promoted would probably just lead to us getting beaten most weeks the season after and getting hammered by some for a year before getting relegated.

England winning the Euro's would be actually winning a trophy.

Tommo1993

I mean the whole point of the OP was to choose between them hypothetically (y)

Okay then. I’ve seen City lose more times than I can remember. Tomorrow is the first time I’ve seen England in a major final. If seeing England win tomorrow meant we lose against Forest then, damn right, I’d take it all day long.

But it’s a daft, meaningless hypothesis.

Ccfcisparks

Okay then. I’ve seen City lose more times than I can remember. Tomorrow is the first time I’ve seen England in a major final. If seeing England win tomorrow meant we lose against Forest then, damn right, I’d take it all day long.

But it’s a daft, meaningless hypothesis.
The original post was England win tomorrow or Cov get promoted…

oscillatewildly

I just can't get the enthusiasm for England as I do City, The pubs I drink in around The Binley Rd area full of passionate England fans but won't be anywhere near the CBS arena first game cus they support the Chelseas and Man Utds of this world! Support your local club the same as your country!!!!!
Change pubs then!

oscillatewildly

I saw die hard cov fans on twitter at 8am saying they felt sick the morning eng were playing Denmark. I wish i could feel that way about England but I have no affiliation with eng players. Watching sterling diving, kane diving, grealish flying over every time someone breathes near him.

It's bad enough when o hare does it

Lost my point there actually
You've surely noticed that diving has been an integral part of the game for quite some time now?
Why suddenly pick out those England players?

Users who are viewing this thread