England tour West Indies 2019 (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Agreed.
World and his wife (apart from England selectors) know Jennings can't handle pace or movement,
Said in Sri Lanka could see Foakes at 3 - fights for his wicket and technically pretty good.
I couldn’t argue if Jennings was picked for a sub cont tour as his record stacks up but flip side pace it doesn’t!

Even this tour Foakes has hung around, the talk as per in the press conference and from Root is a load of hot air, sound bites that never get followed up or taken seriously!

Terry Gibson's perm

You should be scoring four hundred most first innings unless overhead conditions or the pitch are a bit iffy and neither seem to be the case here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Shambles Root moving fine leg one way and then Anderson moving him back, rather than pissing about with a cover for bad bowling put someone at third man.

Gazolba

How predictable was that collapse? I just knew Buttler and Stokes would be out shortly after the start and then England would collapse.
The new guys worked out well, didn't they? Jennings 8, Wood 6.
And moving Bairstow down the order, what a brilliant stoke, he got 2.
Not optimistic of England getting anything out of this match.

Gazolba

This commentary snippet sums up England:
"Stuart Broad has just come running in to bowl then had to abort halfway through after getting his hand caught in his trouser pocket."

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

123 lead, go bat for the next day and a bit and get 350+ ahead.....

Chance here for one of the top 3 to make a name for themselves, Jennings and Denly especially should feel the ‘pressure’ to take their chance.....

tisza

123 lead, go bat for the next day and a bit and get 350+ ahead.....

Chance here for one of the top 3 to make a name for themselves, Jennings and Denly especially should feel the ‘pressure’ to take their chance.....
Loved the commentator (think it was bumble) saying the selectors probably hoping Jennings doesn't make a score so can rule him out.

Gazolba

Somehow winning a final Test after you have already lost the series does not carry very much lustre.
I'm glad we're finally doing well but we couldn't when it mattered.

Gazolba

Someone posted a good one on the BBC website:
"We would have won the series if only those two practice games didn't count".

tisza

Maybe I'm a bit naive but if the reports on what Gabriel said are accurate is it really worth the ban? No expletives, no derogatory terms. Sounds more tongue in cheek than anything else

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

again no-one putting their name forward for the summer as Lions thrashed once more.

What I find odd is England don’t play another Test match (couple of ODI and 2020 series) on the sub continent til 2021, why send the Lions to India to play red ball games? Surely it’d have made more sense to go Southern Hemisphere as the next 2 tours are to SA & NZ and also the wickets are more suited to seam bowling like England will play on this summer and winter so it’ll give a better marker/test for players to make a mark!

tisza

What I find odd is England don’t play another Test match (couple of ODI and 2020 series) on the sub continent til 2021, why send the Lions to India to play red ball games? Surely it’d have made more sense to go Southern Hemisphere as the next 2 tours are to SA & NZ and also the wickets are more suited to seam bowling like England will play on this summer and winter so it’ll give a better marker/test for players to make a mark!
good call. probably going to be down to cash from BCCI

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Woakes back in the one day side for the first warm up game, good news, probably being managed at the end of the Test series to make sure he was fit and firing for the ODIs

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Gayle doing what Gayle does stand and deliver.

England haven’t bowled full and straight enough in general imo

Will be chasing 350+ here

tisza

England making it a nice and easy return to cricket for Gayle.
Some garbage quicker bowling (not unusual for the one day side) means we're in the normal England gameplan of hoping the batting will bail them out again.
Everybody knows where not to bowl to Gayle apart from this England attack.
Do England ever look at the playing surface before picking the XI - obviously didn't in the Test series and doesn't look like they have done today.

Users who are viewing this thread