England tour West Indies 2019 (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Ridiculous they held Rashid back til 30 odd overs to bowl in fear that Gayle would st after him when he was battering everyone else!

tisza

26 sixes tell the story about the bowling.
plus 2 of your main quicks only bowling 13 of their 20 overs

tisza

Good run chase on a pitch that held up. Still don’t like these 350+ pitches that offer nothing for the bowler.
That said batting bailing out the bowlers again. Hopefully World Cup pitches will offer some help or else the likes of Wood and Plunkett are a waste of a pick.
Still a lack of consistency from those 2. Still the mindset is if Plunkett can get 3 for 70 it's a good job done.
Key to this side is how much they learn from yesterday as tomorrow's game on similar wicket.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good run chase on a pitch that held up. Still don’t like these 350+ pitches that offer nothing for the bowler.
That said batting bailing out the bowlers again. Hopefully World Cup pitches will offer some help or else the likes of Wood and Plunkett are a waste of a pick.
Still a lack of consistency from those 2. Still the mindset is if Plunkett can get 3 for 70 it's a good job done.
Key to this side is how much they learn from yesterday as tomorrow's game on similar wicket.

Once Archer is available Plunkett will do welll to be carrying the drinks.

Terry Gibson's perm

Just looking he bowled competively 19 overs in SL tour, Windies tour will be max 50 if he bowls out in each ODI.

Worrying 69 overs and they’re managing him, I do think players are often undercooked!

We don’t know how bad his knee is but I agree they are all undercooked

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

So on the day of the warmest February day in history in the UK the game in the West Indies looks like it’ll be called off due to rain!

tisza

Buttler and Morgan - 2 players who when they are in the mood are almost "unbowlable" to. Some extraordinary shots. Buttler fastest ever ODI century in W Indies. Hope it's not a challenge for gayle :)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Glad they’ve had some time to bat!

It is frightening Hales can’t get a spot.
Root for me is the only one you could/would drop for him

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

400+
Buttler 150
England break world record most 6’s in an inns that the Windies broke in the first ODI

Hopefully the bowlers can knock them over for under 200 and really hammer them!

tisza

Problem is it's a nothing pitch. Other issue is this 2 balls - one for each end - doesn't help anybody. End of innings no help at all for bowlers.
Decent balls were going the distance. Bowlers tried to vary length, cross seamers etc. but nothing there to help them.

Covstu

It was a great game, had everything. Morgan has been a ever consistent captain and plays a constant aggressive but calculated game. Impressive stuff and a joy to watch! Really enjoyed the whole series to be fair and fair play to the windies in turning some massively poor form around over the last 2 years

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

What is with Billings? Just don't get it (watch the big score come :)) hardly a great domestic record in any form. No runs in 15-20 int T20s

Obviously one of the boys! Must be a ‘good lad’ to have on tour!
A bit like Wood pre this tour! (Performance wise)

Covstu

On our day there is no one close to us, can’t wait for the World Cup. On another note, reading Warne’s book, good read

Users who are viewing this thread