England tour West Indies 2019 (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Time to get rid of Jennings and Moeen. And I can't believe Joe Root is considered one of the world's best batsmen. When did he last get a big score?

Terry Gibson's perm

I haven’t bothered watching much of it when there are no Bears in the side I am less interested

tisza

England helping pick the Aussies Ashes attack for them. Need to pray for a wet summer.

Covstu

Didn’t learn from the first test and made the same mistakes. Poor batting, weak shots, think ramps may need to be replaced as coach as it’s not working

tisza

Didn’t learn from the first test and made the same mistakes. Poor batting, weak shots, think ramps may need to be replaced as coach as it’s not working
A player known for his own mental weakness at test level and not being much good against pace

Gazolba

usual garbage start.
I think we should have realized by now that form in the County Championship means little when it comes to opening for England in tests.
Englands openers lasted just 39 balls and were out for 10 runs between them.
West Indies openers have lasted 127 balls and have scored 30 without loss.
I'd vote for Haseeb Hameed to come back as an opener.
He has the defensive qualities sorely needed for an opener to be difficult to dislodge.

Covstu

I think there is also a lot of these batsman playing too much 20/20 and ODI and this is translating into the test team. Cooky played like a test cricketer whereas a lot of our current lot don’t and get bowled cheaply inc our captain

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we should have realized by now that form in the County Championship means little when it comes to opening for England in tests.
Englands openers lasted just 39 balls and were out for 10 runs between them.
West Indies openers have lasted 127 balls and have scored 30 without loss.
I'd vote for Haseeb Hameed to come back as an opener.
He has the defensive qualities sorely needed for an opener to be difficult to dislodge.

He has had a shocking time at Lancashire recently

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I think there is also a lot of these batsman playing too much 20/20 and ODI and this is translating into the test team. Cooky played like a test cricketer whereas a lot of our current lot don’t and get bowled cheaply inc our captain

And people think Jason Roy opening is the answer......

Users who are viewing this thread