England Match (1 Viewer)

itsabuzzard

Oh I'm insane? Take a look at his post history. Hes forever slagging off this country in general. He hates England.
Who said hammering Montenegro is a cause for celebration? Why not just enjoy the moment? I guess if we'd of scraped a 1 nil win then twats like you would of been moaning that we were shit etc. We cant win here ffs.
Reaching the semis was no big deal? As an England fan who actually goes to the games it was a big deal. We know we've under performed for years now. But then a lot of other major nations have as well.
Oh and fuck the bitter jocks. Its thise lot and the likes of you who go on about 66 and 'they think they'll win the world cup ' etc. We don't we know we're probably a semi final side at best.
Try getting behind the national team instead of slagging it off.
I did "enjoy the moment" when England, currently ranked 4th, beat Montenegro (61st) with some good football, but it was only a moment. I wouldn't have moaned if they'd scraped a 1-0 win; I would have been even more underwhelmed though. "We can't win here" - who's "we"?
At the World Cup England beat Tunisia (29th) by the odd goal in three, put six past Panama (80th), and lost to Belgium (1st), the only team they came up against in the tournament who were ranked higher. They then went on to beat Columbia (10th) on penalties, Sweden (18th) by two goals and lost in the semi to Croatia (7th). If you were impressed by that, then you're easily pleased. If you regard your nation's actions on the sports field or any other sphere with an uncritical eye, then you're guilty of nationalism, and you should be ashamed.
Your tirade against the "bitter jocks" is risible, and if anyone's bitter, it's obviously you. I can't recall mentioning 66 anywhere. "The likes of you"? Pathetic. I can view the English media from across the border, and I do see things quite differently compared to when I lived in England.
I was wondering if you engage in "debate" in the flesh in such a robust manner, but I doubt it.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I can view the English media from across the border, and I do see things quite differently compared to when I lived in England.

As do I, though if we begin to judge a people based on how their media behaves we're into dodgy territory.

Grendel

I didn’t even know they were playing Until Thursday. I ended up watching Federer and Djokovic as it was at least a decent competitive game

I’d rather CCFC win a league game than England win a Euro game - I genuinely have no interest - it’s so boring

Grendel

covcity4life

You can indeed, and I do. I'm with G though - give me a Sky Blues victory over an England one all day long. "Shut the fuck up"? Classy.

Where have i argued that??? I would take cov win over england win any day too

BUT ITS NOT A CHOICE THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE

itsabuzzard

Where have i argued that??? I would take cov win over england win any day too

BUT ITS NOT A CHOICE THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE
Nowhere. I wasn't talking about an either/or choice, merely my preference. I'm just not that bothered about how the England team gets on.

Macca

If there was even a sniff of quality in qualifying we would struggle there too. If city were thrashing non league teams every week I’d soon get bored of that too

Travs

Whilst I always want England to succeed.... I agree with some of the other comments here... given the choice, I’d take three points for City in any weekend, over an England win in any major tournament.

As mentioned it’s not really a choice that has to be made, but does exemplify the far greater passion I feel for City.

covcity4life

To be honest, it doesn't take a huge amount of effort to do so.

You are trolling its that simple. Bet you were rooting for croatia in semis. Its weird but oh well. We going around in circles now.

Let those that do want england to do well enjoy it. Been a great 2 years and judging by talent we now producing its going to continue

itsabuzzard

You are trolling its that simple. Bet you were rooting for croatia in semis. Its weird but oh well. We going around in circles now.

Let those that do want england to do well enjoy it. Been a great 2 years and judging by talent we now producing its going to continue
Do you want the forum to be an echo chamber?

Otis

I am very happy to be chatting about England.

Really looking forwards to the game this afternoon.

Sky Blue Harry H

No Maddison again, so no £100k. SISU will be taking Southgate to court for loss of earnings. Instead the creative Declan Rice and Harry Winks. Yawn

Sky Blue Harry H

Madison is injured isn't he?
Says he's on the bench on BBC site, but maybe?

Edit: just mentioned he had a tight calf, hence not started, but hoping to play 20 minutes (a bit pointless, if he's not 100%). Only interested in our £100k now!!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't know where some of the Kosovan players play their club football. but they have some tidy players - comfortable on the ball - very positive in their intent.

Otis

Some awful passing by England this evening.

Hudson-Odoi at least 3 terrible passes. Maguire probably 4 horrible passes too. Mings also guilty and Rice and Sterling.

We seem to have the wrong boots on. Seen us slip about 5 times in the first half.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hudson-Odoi has been very sloppy IMO. Rice just seems to stand 5 yards in front of the 2 CB's.

Problem with the favouring those coming through the age groups is that it can make them complacent as they don't need to do quite as much as someone who didn't to be picked.

Covkid1968#

I’m actually supporting Kosovo....would quite like them to get a goal or 2. In fairness I’m spending most of the time looking for CJs or any Cov flags.

Users who are viewing this thread