Empty seats (1 Viewer)

theferret

Your right. The barrier will not obscure view whilst sitting down .
However, no one will sit down during live action. You will have no option but to stand unless you're not that bothered about watching . It will only take a few to stand up , and I'm sure they will take that option if it's safe standing , and everyone will do the same.

If you are someone who has any hesitation about having to stand up during the game and would prefer to sit my advice is to move as soon as is practically possible because otherwise you will be in the wrong place.

But as has been stated, this is exactly the same as the current experience, everyone stands anyway. Anyone who doesn't want to will be moving their ST anyway, regardless of whether they install safe standing or not.

The real issue is the safe standing area is not big enough to accommodate all those who currently stand all game.

CV22SBA

I believe it, why should I fight for away tickets with someone who couldn’t even be arsed to attend the last home game
Why are you fighting for away tickets? Apart from Leicester on the first day of the season anyone that wanted a ticket could have got one. Pretty sure every game has made general sale since.

theferret

Why are you fighting for away tickets? Apart from Leicester on the first day of the season anyone that wanted a ticket could have got one. Pretty sure every game has made general sale since.

Bristol City and QPR maybe? Hull the 1st allocation sold on day 1 and additional allocation sold the following morning iirc. Wimbledon went in one day too. But yes, hasn't been that difficult this season.

pusbccfc

CV22SBA

Bristol City and QPR maybe? Hull the 1st allocation sold on day 1 and additional allocation sold the following morning iirc. Wimbledon went in one day too. But yes, hasn't been that difficult this season.
Bristol went to GS on 4th Oct and sold out on the 9th but QPR did sell out before GS although it made ST holders only so you didn't need many points. Basically, though the point is the guy saying he is fighting for away tickets is simply not true.

pusbccfc

Loads again despite being unable to buy a ticket hours before the game.

Block 4 and 5 went on sale 2 days before the match and sold out nearly instantly. It was half empty last night.

JSB section as always sparsely populated.

Tommo1993

Not that I do, but if I bought a JSB season ticket, could I then go and buy an adult away ticket online? E.g. I can buy a concession/junior ticket with my adult ST.

Maybe this is all just a points loophole and half these JSB’s aren’t even aware that they even own a ST.

pusbccfc

Not that I do, but if I bought a JSB season ticket, could I then go and buy an adult away ticket online? E.g. I can buy a concession/junior ticket with my adult ST.

Maybe this is all just a points loophole and half these JSB’s aren’t even aware that they even own a ST.

If it's a new account with a child's date of birth, you could. Away tickets can be purchased for any age from a JSB account I believe.

If you're renewing a season ticket from an adult account, it won't give you the option to get a JSB or a student.

Tommo1993

If it's a new account with a child's date of birth, you could. Away tickets can be purchased for any age from a JSB account I believe.

If you're renewing a season ticket from an adult account, it won't give you the option to get a JSB or a student.
Can only think of new fans trying to fast track themselves some cheap points. Personally I’d close the entire stand for the Oxford game. Closed and empty looks better than a few dots scattered about.

bigfatronssba

Loads again despite being unable to buy a ticket hours before the game.

Block 4 and 5 went on sale 2 days before the match and sold out nearly instantly. It was half empty last night.

JSB section as always sparsely populated.

I can only assume with blocks 4 & 5 that people are buying tickets a day before the game and then not going.

Why I do not know.

Nowt as queer as folk as they say

Oh for an Ian Gibson.

We coerced 2 of our young family members to let us buy them season tickets in the family zone knowing that would enable 4 adults to buy at vastly reduced prices.
So far the young uns’ have attended about half the games as it’s difficult to motivate them on a cold midweek school night and up until now too many of our games have been moved from the traditional Saturday 3pm kick off.

pusbccfc

We coerced 2 of our young family members to let us buy them season tickets in the family zone knowing that would enable 4 adults to buy at vastly reduced prices.
So far the young uns’ have attended about half the games as it’s difficult to motivate them on a cold midweek school night and up until now too many of our games have been moved from the traditional Saturday 3pm kick off.

Which is why they need to introduce a buy back/sell on scheme for games like the past two and Leicester.

Lots of people have ST and can't attend all games so they need to allow people a way to sell them on and fill the seats.

chiefdave

Not sure what the answer is, it will certainly involve pissing people off, but the family zone issue is going to have to be looked at

Can't have it regularly half empty when there's no tickets left for people to buy and not sure resale would work for that area when its supposed to be for families

CV22SBA

Id imagine they’re sitting elsewhere, wait until everyone’s in their seat then take your pick.
Yeah if you look towards the back of blocks 12 all the way to 17 there are people all standing in the stairwell. People buy a seat anywhere and then go and stand over there.

chiefdave

Yeah if you look towards the back of blocks 12 all the way to 17 there are people all standing in the stairwell. People buy a seat anywhere and then go and stand over there.
I must be missing something, can't see the appeal of standing in a stairwell when you have a perfectly good seat

shmmeee

The fundamental issue is the mess of the segregation and away fans. We have load of people who want to sit in the low block numbers by the away fans and yesterday “sold out” at under 26k FFS. There’s more than enough supply to meet the demands of those standing in stairwells or at the very least massively reduce its impact.

SD73

Not sure what the answer is, it will certainly involve pissing people off, but the family zone issue is going to have to be looked at

Can't have it regularly half empty when there's no tickets left for people to buy and not sure resale would work for that area when its supposed to be for families
We have season tickets in the family stand (block 33 so fully sold out with ST holders). Noticed last night and boxing day a couple of people sat next to me in seats that are hardly ever used, and they had paper tickets. Clearly not regulars as they were struggling to find their way around. On the rare occasions those seats are used it's always different people. So guessing they must be being reallocated somehow? or maybe people/organisations have block booked seats that they give away (formally, with proper tickets) occasionally?

bigfatronssba

Which the stewards refuse to enforce the rules of don't stand in the stairwells, and instead the club closes off whole blocks (which ironically makes it worse)

pusbccfc

There are still plenty empty seats towards the back of Block 16. Those will be the people stood in stairwells.

pusbccfc

Top tier is painfully empty too. From the programme notes last week, it is clear they are looking to offer cheaper tickets up there without the hospitality.

We have had two 'sold out' games now with a collective 10,000 unsold tickets. That is an awful lot of money thrown away. If the average ticket price across both games is £28 (inc concessions and the different categories), that is £280,000. Leicester will be the same and Block 13 will not be allowed to open so we will have a max attendance of around 28,000. That is another 5000 unsold seats.

pusbccfc

You could easily resell them as JSB tickets. Most people in those blocks have two seats together and would be resold together.

Mucca Mad Boys

I sit in block 34 of the family stand and it’s weird this season. Half of our row is adults without kids who rock up late and then disappear mid game.

Always going to be tough getting kids up mid week on a school night but feel like a lot of the kids tickets have gone to adults who have gone in there to take advantage of the cheap price then move round.

Don’t seem like there is any enforcement like the mentioned pre season apart from getting into naughty corner.

Similar situation here in Block 34. Personally, I think they ought to reduce the size of the family zone next season.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I think another problem is the sh1te parking situation - it takes over an hour to get out of any of the car parks, and if (like me) you’re faced with almost an hour journey back home, and the possibility of roads being closed temporarily too now, it kind of puts you off weekday and late kick offs - I’ve not got home until around midnight before now and it’s just not worth it, and given the amount of non Saturday 15.00 games so far this season I can see why some people haven’t always made it

Tommo1993

I think another problem is the sh1te parking situation - it takes over an hour to get out of any of the car parks, and if (like me) you’re faced with almost an hour journey back home, and the possibility of roads being closed temporarily too now, it kind of puts you off weekday and late kick offs - I’ve not got home until around midnight before now and it’s just not worth it, and given the amount of non Saturday 15.00 games so far this season I can see why some people haven’t always made it

Where do you park?

wingy

Was lucky to get my off site parking last night grandson wanted to pick a mate up first? 🙄 Literally a difference of 15 minutes, oh and I don't know if I've put petrol in the diesel but was definitely tugging on the way home.oh it was six when I picked him up.

CV22SBA

Onsite parking doesn’t take over an hour to get out. I park in A and stay for a pint in club Coventry after the game. I was back in Rugby by 10.45 last night.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Where do you park?
Car Park C, and they’ve changed the layout but I can’t see it’s much better - having said that I don’t know what they could do to make it better other than more marshalls at full time to make sure people let others file in sensibly and keep the flow of traffic moving through the car park.

Don’t they hold the other car parks back for an hour after the games?

Tommo1993

Car Park C, and they’ve changed the layout but I can’t see it’s much better - having said that I don’t know what they could do to make it better other than more marshalls at full time to make sure people let others file in sensibly and keep the flow of traffic moving through the car park.

Don’t they hold the other car parks back for an hour after the games?

Not sure how it’s taking you so long to get out. I’m in C, never leave before full time whistle, and home before Robins has spoken to CWR. Granted I’m only in Radford, but still an hour to get out is surprising.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

do you park right by the entrance though, and get there early before kick off?

I normally park as close to the entrance as possible but that’s generally about half way down towards the bridge, and don’t leave until the players have been round, applauded and left the pitch - takes me sometimes 10/15 minutes to get out of my space (whilst the car is warming up so normally not too bad at the minute), and yeah it can take half hour plus to get out the car park because a lot of people don’t let you in / out and butt up to the car in front making it difficult to keep cars moving…

I’m Birmingham way too which obviously adds to the journey

Tommo1993

do you park right by the entrance though, and get there early before kick off?

I normally park as close to the entrance as possible but that’s generally about half way down towards the bridge, and don’t leave until the players have been round, applauded and left the pitch - takes me sometimes 10/15 minutes to get out of my space (whilst the car is warming up so normally not too bad at the minute), and yeah it can take half hour plus to get out the car park because a lot of people don’t let you in / out and butt up to the car in front making it difficult to keep cars moving…

I’m Birmingham way too which obviously adds to the journey

Park wherever we can find, usually halfway up. Regardless of the result we don’t hang around to applaud the players, I don’t feel the need. I think you’ll find that might be the difference in getting away from the ground quickly or not.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Park wherever we can find, usually halfway up. Regardless of the result we don’t hang around to applaud the players, I don’t feel the need. I think you’ll find that might be the difference in getting away from the ground quickly or not.
I normally do it as I can’t be bothered with any nonsense from the away fans and also I find it’s slightly easier to get out of the ground and past the railway tunnel / station, but you might be right!

I’ll give it a go next time, or I might drive up to Radford and jump in with you! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread