Empty seats (2 Viewers)

wingy

I think if a £50 ST has been used less than 50% they shouldn't be able to renew at that price.

If we start selling out more games on a consistent basis then there needs to be reseller platform.

If the tickets sold hits 75% then it becomes available. If someone buys your ticket, you get 50% of the value in a pot that can be used for future tickets. That means the money still stays in the club.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
Not sure about this, wouldn't want to see abuse to gain points for away games for instance!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Simple reason for season ticket holders being put off : parking around the stadium.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

This passing on tickets should be allowed. It increases the likelihood of people paying at some point and fosters good relations between season ticket holders and their mates. Also the ticket is paid for anyway. Pie and a pint as well.
Agree. It also keeps the casual supporter interested.

SkyBlueMatt

Not sure about this, wouldn't want to see abuse to gain points for away games for instance!
Do you mean people buying ST just for the points?

I don't think we would have too many opportunities to resell tickets.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Putting all of this in context it's a mark of how far the club have come that we are moaning about empty seats with a crowd of 29k .I get the frustration of people not taking up their seats for Sheffield W match ( me included) but where we were 5 years ago was absolutely dire.

DrPoolittle

Putting all of this in context it's a mark of how far the club have come that we are moaning about empty seats with a crowd of 29k .I get the frustration of people not taking up their seats for Sheffield W match ( me included) but where we were 5 years ago was absolutely dire.
Even in the top flight, the club often had gates of 10,000. Mostly when playing Wimbledon

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Field of Dreams.
No it isn't. Lots of season ticket holders aren't turning up midweek because they won't pay £10 to pay in a designated car park and if they want to get free, on street parking place they've got to get there two hours before kick off. Midweek they can't do it because of work.
The surge in season ticket sales this.season has caught people out and they can't didn't anticipate the parking situation.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

The whole thing has been dragged out. That’s what people do when they don’t want to do something…

pusbccfc

Just an easy way of letting the club know the seat is available for resale. I’m the family section I wouldn’t need any money back if I’m not going as it’s my loss anyway. It would help the club get more money.

Me too. I'd happily allow the club to resell if I had no one to give my ticket to

bigfatronssba

Did we only average 20k last season? Easy to forget crowds were a lot lower than this year.

They really picked up in the second half of last season.

This time last year the average was only about 19k

thekidfromstrettoncamp

i think it may be borderline technically touting
How do these ticket firms sell on tickets at inflated prices (touting)? Thats how Viagogo and their owner Stubhub operate with all sorts of tickets .Just looked at a site "ticketgum" and you can get a ticket for the away end Luton v Chelsea weekend and it will cost you £845 how are these people allowed to trade.Prehaps some one legally minded could shed some light as to how an ordinary joe sells an odd ticket and gets treated like a criminal but these companies can openly sell hundreds of tickets and nothing is done?

clint van damme

How do these ticket firms sell on tickets at inflated prices (touting)? Thats how Viagogo and their owner Stubhub operate with all sorts of tickets .Just looked at a site "ticketgum" and you can get a ticket for the away end Luton v Chelsea weekend and it will cost you £845 how are these people allowed to trade.Prehaps some one legally minded could shed some light as to how an ordinary joe sells an odd ticket and gets treated like a criminal but these companies can openly sell hundreds of tickets and nothing is done?

Because they're in league with the primary ticket sellers and event organisers?
@chiefdave would probably be able to shed some light on it.

Cov_92

I read that as "Have brought numerous mates' Mums ..." - thought you had some kind of gigolo operation going on!
As far as attendance figures go, it makes no difference whether ST holders are there or not, they count them as attending. Similarly with every ticket sold. They don't actually know how many people there are in the stadium for any match, which i find disturbing and borderline criminally negligent!
There are two processes to manage ingress capacity figures for every fixture. Both extremely robust and reliable.SAG ,Police and SGSA wouldn't let you operate without it.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Hope something can be done because the firms who do this should be named and shamed.There must be evidence out there for some young jurno. to unearth.
Simple reason for season ticket holders being put off : parking around the stadium.
A D M when you purchased your tickets you knew about this.Don't think that is much of a problem. Free parking you won't get but even hours before yesterdays game I noticed certain sites offering parking on all be it on peoples drives within walking distance ie: less than 10 minutes away for less than £8 .

SBbucks

Hope something can be done because the firms who do this should be named and shamed.There must be evidence out there for some young jurno. to unearth.

A D M when you purchased your tickets you knew about this.Don't think that is much of a problem. Free parking you won't get but even hours before yesterdays game I noticed certain sites offering parking on all be it on peoples drives within walking distance ie: less than 10 minutes away for less than £8 .

Agreed re parking, there’s always something available. And who on earth expects free parking for a sporting event with 20-30k attending?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamertime

Just watching the highlights there are so many empty seats in the main stand. It’s makes no sense there are this many, i don’t think they have been sold whether it’s an error in the ticketing system or they just don’t want them to be sold. There couldn’t have been that amount of ticket holder that simply didn’t turn up.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Maybe people are fed up of the we’ll live and die nonsense and are boycotting. I know I am
If the amount of times that is sung puts you off can't be much interested in going.I'm in my 70's but the singing of that doesn't bother me.The younger element help make the atmosphere great more power to them.I don't want to sit in a library

chiefdave

There's a few options. Clubs can partner with a resale site, resale is not illegal if the club in question has authorised it (which of course in reality means the club is getting a cut of the money the site takes). The other options are they are selling them and hoping they don't get caught, or the tickets don't exist

Not getting the tickets you've paid for, or any tickets at ll, is a very common problem with secondary ticketing sites

Or potentially the sites & companies aren't registered in the UK and therefore difficult to take action against.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I did know. It's not a problem for me. I didn't say it was. Didn't go boxing day for family reasons.
Parking is a problem because I know season ticket newbies who are already put off. It's not up for debate. It's a fact because they've told me. More fool them perhaps but it's fact.

chiefdave

There was a C4 Dispatches on concert ticket resale, which isn't illegal, but it showed that the tickets were never being sold at face value. They were passed directly to the resale sites, companies like Ticketmaster own both the primary and resale platforms. Also showed how many people never got the tickets they paid for.

Absolutely fuck all happened as a result and in fact now the likes of ticketmaster don't even hide it behind another branding, the resale tickets show up on their main site.

Marty

I miss most mid week games now due to work, most of the time, I manage to shift them on to mates but I would definitely be interested in some kind of reselling back to the club. What's the price per a game work out to be when buying a season ticket? £20? I would happily sell my ticket for that and the club get to keep the rest.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

There was a C4 Dispatches on concert ticket resale, which isn't illegal, but it showed that the tickets were never being sold at face value. They were passed directly to the resale sites, companies like Ticketmaster own both the primary and resale platforms. Also showed how many people never got the tickets they paid for.

Absolutely fuck all happened as a result and in fact now the likes of ticketmaster don't even hide it behind another branding, the resale tickets show up on their main site.
Thank for that chiefdave my hate for the ticketmaster's of this world gets more intense.As football fans there has got to be ways we can get back at these companies.Would lobbying our MP help. If so I for one am ready to do it.
I know when ticketmaster linked up with us I suggested the club could have got someone who technically minded enough and involve students from both Coventry and Warwick universitys and set up their own (people on this site said it couldn't be done).The amount of extra money that could have come into the club since has been huge.

shmmeee

Has there actually been a clampdown? They've made an effort to stop adults getting in on kids tickets which is fair enough but I havent' seen anything that would suggest if you lent your season ticket to your mate there would be an issue.

The family zone thing has been an issue all season, some games it seem barely half full, and more adults than kids. Not sure how you solve that problem but I certainly can't see that zone being expanded next season as some people have called for.

Haven’t got kids STs this season as it wasn’t worth it for the amount they can go, but last year I’d often use them to take a casual or a mate who supports the opposition which I wouldn’t try now.

clint van damme

Thank for that chiefdave my hate for the ticketmaster's of this world gets more intense.As football fans there has got to be ways we can get back at these companies.Would lobbying our MP help. If so I for one am ready to do it.
I know when ticketmaster linked up with us I suggested the club could have got someone who technically minded enough and involve students from both Coventry and Warwick universitys and set up their own (people on this site said it couldn't be done).The amount of extra money that could have come into the club since has been huge.

If it was financially viable to set up your own independent operation I'm sure clubs would be doing it, (we're not the only ones who use them).

I share your hate of these companies but unfortunately I think we're stuck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread