Empty seats (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

When I cant attend..I always pass my ST if I can.

napolimp

the female steward by the steps at 15 calls me by my name these days as she has checked my ticket so much so it make be an issue in teh corner but you don't have your ticket checked anywhere else do you?

The steward in my block says hello to me without checking my card, as he sees me every game. But I see him checking tickets of people he doesn't recognise - usually non ST holders with paper tickets. I think if a ST holder leant their card, he would check as he wouldn't recognise them, and then probably wonder why he's never seen them before. Maybe they have a flagging system.

pusbccfc

A sell back scheme won't work unless the game is sold out a few weeks in advance.... we're not quite there yet. But would be a nice bonus earner for the club if they buy back an ST seat pro rata for about £20 and can then sell it on again for £37. But realistically it's not going to happen unless we're in the Prem and/or selling out weeks in advance most weeks.

But 90% of the blocks of sold out every week.

If you go on to the website now, you are very limited to where you can sit. If people know in advance they can't go, they could click a button on the website and sell their ticket on either out of goodwill or for a small fee (fiver?). That will then release clumps of tickets.

pusbccfc

Works well in grounds sold out every week. Everyone wins. The seat gets used. The ST holder gets back the pro-rata value of the game and the club generates extra revenue by selling on the seat at full price. Needs to be regular sell out for it to be worthwhile though.

Does it actually need to be a regular sell out though? You can currently buy tickets in one small section of the ground for a match on Friday. There will be loads who can't make it due to it being a night game. If someone released a ticket in the blocks by the half way line, they'd sell.

Gynnsthetonic

Has anyone got the rest of that? Sounds like they're actively looking to do something about the south stand which is good news.

What is the issue with the balcony? I thought it was just that it was corporate and people stayed inside.
They should just sell the balcony and dug out tickets at say £40 a seat, I sit in block 22 and that stand always seems half full, there is an issue with the players family tickets in block 2 which never get taken up either

theferret

Does it actually need to be a regular sell out though? You can currently buy tickets in one small section of the ground for a match on Friday. There will be loads who can't make it due to it being a night game. If someone released a ticket in the blocks by the half way line, they'd sell.

If ST holders were ok with releasing their seat for free then yes. Most of these schemes offer a rebate to the ST holder though, so that would require a sell out in order to make sense.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I've brought numerous mates/my Mum into block 16 on a mate's ST this year because he can't make many games and never had a problem. Obviously it's for the same block and it's an adult one so there's no issue with the turnstile/steps checks.
I read that as "Have brought numerous mates' Mums ..." - thought you had some kind of gigolo operation going on!
As far as attendance figures go, it makes no difference whether ST holders are there or not, they count them as attending. Similarly with every ticket sold. They don't actually know how many people there are in the stadium for any match, which i find disturbing and borderline criminally negligent!

samccov1987

I sit in block 34 of the family stand and it’s weird this season. Half of our row is adults without kids who rock up late and then disappear mid game.

Always going to be tough getting kids up mid week on a school night but feel like a lot of the kids tickets have gone to adults who have gone in there to take advantage of the cheap price then move round.

Don’t seem like there is any enforcement like the mentioned pre season apart from getting into naughty corner.

MTK

yesterday had the usual number of lads come past me in block 16 who headed up into the corner. We’re higher up than where the stewards check tickets. Won’t account for all the empty seats but buying and moving over to the corner will be a few. i think a few people bought ST caught up in the post play off excitement, the rush for the FZ, or because just they could afford one in case we get to Wembley again or to guarantee seats for any big games. They may not have intended to be at every game. if you have enough money, you can do that just to give you choices

pusbccfc

If ST holders were ok with releasing their seat for free then yes. Most of these schemes offer a rebate to the ST holder though, so that would require a sell out in order to make sense.

Many won't be some would. I genuinely think there are season tickets in the JSB section that have barely been used all season.

If you've got a kids seasoncticket for £50 (I think?), most won't care missing games most weeks.

Or, allow people to upgrade tickets easily by paying the difference.

pusbccfc

yesterday had the usual number of lads come past me in block 16 who headed up into the corner. We’re higher up than where the stewards check tickets. Won’t account for all the empty seats but buying and moving over to the corner will be a few. i think a few people bought ST caught up in the post play off excitement, the rush for the FZ, or because just they could afford one in case we get to Wembley again or to guarantee seats for any big games. They may not have intended to be at every game. if you have enough money, you can do that just to give you choices

They had sold more in the corner. I had someone on the end of our row for the first time this season who had a paper ticket.

pusbccfc

They should just sell the balcony and dug out tickets at say £40 a seat, I sit in block 22 and that stand always seems half full, there is an issue with the players family tickets in block 2 which never get taken up either

I assume that's what they are planning to dom

SBT

Has anyone got the rest of that? Sounds like they're actively looking to do something about the south stand which is good news.

clint van damme

Another indicator of a solid working relationship between the club and the stadium owners.
You struggle to work out they're separate entities reading that.

Brighton Sky Blue

We spent Christmas with the wife’s family so couldn’t go. Not like we’re trying to avoid games!

David O'Day

Many won't be some would. I genuinely think there are season tickets in the JSB section that have barely been used all season.

If you've got a kids seasoncticket for £50 (I think?), most won't care missing games most weeks.

Or, allow people to upgrade tickets easily by paying the difference.
you can though, if you take a childs ticket to the t/o they can upgrade

David O'Day

Have supporters been asked about rail seating yet?
don't think they have as no one in the corner has been spoken to and that is where the rail seats will be and Boddy says there that they need to do some more work with the SAG and then do the consultation.

David O'Day

the rail seats are planned for 13,14 and 15 mostly because they club gets whinged at for the persistent standing but is the licesnse for rail seats the sane in the FL as it is in the PL? If so wouldn't we need to put some in the away section as the PL license says this has to be done?

hamertime

Loads scattered about yesterday, especially in the JSB section which has supposedly been sold out all season.

I know it's Boxing Day and people can't always attend but I find it mental that so many people aren't turning up with their season tickets for games priced at £37. Week night games are understandable but there's always loads of empty seats in 'sold out' areas of the North and West Stand.

Are people scared of passing their season tickets to friends due to Doug clamping down on it?

@Sky Blue Pete lots are mentioned a sell back scheme. Is this something you can bring up with the club. Plenty were asking for tickets on Facebook and in WhatsApp groups yesterday and couldn't get them. They'd have paid £37 if people had released their ST seats. It seems we gave a general home admission capacity of about 23,000 and nearly fill that most games now.
There are always loads of spare seats in the family section. The reason is season tickets were so cheap at £50 people have bought them even if they are only taking the kids a few times a season to save the hassle of buying match tickets for them. You can’t really pass these tickets on to someone as the are juvenile and an adult won’t get in with them. £50 was always too cheap

Sky Blue Pete

From July 2023

From the supporters forum we agreed to share this for feedback from our groups

feedback direct to the email included

Subject: Safe Standing

As promised last night

Coventry City are undertaking supporter consultation over the coming months regarding safe standing at the Coventry Building Society Arena, with the plan to implement safe standing solutions in time for the 2024/25 campaign.
Chief Executive Dave Boddy has undertaken work and site visits in conjunction with the Arena over the past few months, hosting a number of potential providers of a safe standing solution. This work will continue, with fan consultations to begin at the start of the season. This work has also included meetings with Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority.
The Club has currently identified Blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16 from Row U upwards for the safe standing solution to be installed, as a result of safety concerns identified by authorities over a period of time in these areas, however this may change following the consultation.
The Club, Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority spoke at July’s Supporter Forum to supporters group representatives, and we now welcome feedback from these groups regarding the plans.
Supporter Groups are asked to email [email protected] with any views they have on safe standing at the Arena, or any queries they would want the Club to address.
Shortly, Coventry City will be contacting all supporters directly affected by the proposals to gather their views too.

Mark Hornby
Head of Marketing & Communications
Coventry City Football Club

David O'Day

From July 2023

From the supporters forum we agreed to share this for feedback from our groups

feedback direct to the email included

Subject: Safe Standing

As promised last night

Coventry City are undertaking supporter consultation over the coming months regarding safe standing at the Coventry Building Society Arena, with the plan to implement safe standing solutions in time for the 2024/25 campaign.
Chief Executive Dave Boddy has undertaken work and site visits in conjunction with the Arena over the past few months, hosting a number of potential providers of a safe standing solution. This work will continue, with fan consultations to begin at the start of the season. This work has also included meetings with Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority.
The Club has currently identified Blocks 13, 14, 15 and 16 from Row U upwards for the safe standing solution to be installed, as a result of safety concerns identified by authorities over a period of time in these areas, however this may change following the consultation.
The Club, Coventry City Council and the Sports Ground Safety Authority spoke at July’s Supporter Forum to supporters group representatives, and we now welcome feedback from these groups regarding the plans.
Supporter Groups are asked to email [email protected] with any views they have on safe standing at the Arena, or any queries they would want the Club to address.
Shortly, Coventry City will be contacting all supporters directly affected by the proposals to gather their views too.

Mark Hornby
Head of Marketing & Communications
Coventry City Football Club
ok, so the consultation hasn't started then as my seat is one that will become a rail seat and they have not contacted us yet

Last edited:

JAM See

Loads scattered about yesterday, especially in the JSB section which has supposedly been sold out all season.

I know it's Boxing Day and people can't always attend but I find it mental that so many people aren't turning up with their season tickets for games priced at £37. Week night games are understandable but there's always loads of empty seats in 'sold out' areas of the North and West Stand.

Are people scared of passing their season tickets to friends due to Doug clamping down on it?

@Sky Blue Pete lots are mentioned a sell back scheme. Is this something you can bring up with the club. Plenty were asking for tickets on Facebook and in WhatsApp groups yesterday and couldn't get them. They'd have paid £37 if people had released their ST seats. It seems we gave a general home admission capacity of about 23,000 and nearly fill that most games now.
I was doing a lot of chalk in the bogs mate, so me seat was empty!
What's the problem?

Tile Hill Phil

I advertised a spare adult and 2 u14 STs for £25 earlier this season on social media and received a written warning and a 1 game ban
I think that’s ridiculous. The club has already had the money off you for these season tickets. Surely then it’s up to you if you want to pass it on occasionally to someone. The people you pass it onto will hopefully get hooked and pay for a ticket for another game if they have a good experience. Everyone’s a winner .

David O'Day

I think that’s ridiculous. The club has already had the money off you for these season tickets. Surely then it’s up to you if you want to pass it on occasionally to someone. The people you pass it onto will hopefully get hooked and pay for a ticket for another game if they have a good experience. Everyone’s a winner .
it's in their terms and conditions, they have to try and control who is in the stadium and someone may give a ticket to say someone who has a ban

pusbccfc

don't think they have as no one in the corner has been spoken to and that is where the rail seats will be and Boddy says there that they need to do some more work with the SAG and then do the consultation.

Mental how they keep dragging on with it

pusbccfc

There are always loads of spare seats in the family section. The reason is season tickets were so cheap at £50 people have bought them even if they are only taking the kids a few times a season to save the hassle of buying match tickets for them. You can’t really pass these tickets on to someone as the are juvenile and an adult won’t get in with them. £50 was always too cheap

Which is exactly why we need the resale system IF it's close to a sell out

SkyBlueMatt

I think if a £50 ST has been used less than 50% they shouldn't be able to renew at that price.

If we start selling out more games on a consistent basis then there needs to be reseller platform.

If the tickets sold hits 75% then it becomes available. If someone buys your ticket, you get 50% of the value in a pot that can be used for future tickets. That means the money still stays in the club.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Think selling a game on your season ticket is a bit different to just letting your mate use it as a favour. Isn't resale of football tickets without the authorisation of the home club technically illegal?
i think it may be borderline technically touting

Users who are viewing this thread