Emiliano Sala (Cardiff Player) on board missing plane (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
agree

but i wrote RIP on social media(not facebook,more of a sports one) i beleive,and i dont think anything wrong with that. i never met sala but saw him score goals for nantes over last year or 2. a lil prayer for him and world goes on.

getting angry about terms like football family etc whilst i understand ppl find it cringy i think anyone that takes time to articulate how much they hate it prob has issues themselves.

I think going too far with fake grief to try and get attention ends up getting to the point where it's disrespectful.

Otis

I think going too far with fake grief to try and get attention ends up getting to the point where it's disrespectful.
Yep.

That's what irked me. They were panning across all the tributes on the news and I felt sad......until I saw a couple that just seemed way OTT and therefore seemingly lacking sincerity

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

agree

but i wrote RIP on social media(not facebook,more of a sports one) i beleive,and i dont think anything wrong with that. i never met sala but saw him score goals for nantes over last year or 2. a lil prayer for him and world goes on.

getting angry about terms like football family etc whilst i understand ppl find it cringy i think anyone that takes time to articulate how much they hate it prob has issues themselves.

I'm not getting angry, I just cringe at it and the sheep mentality around it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying RIP, but the other drivel naaah.

Otis

I'm not getting angry, I just cringe at it and the sheep mentality around it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying RIP, but the other drivel naaah.
Yep, it's not anger, it's more of feeling of a bit sad and pathetic and attention seeking.

chiefdave

Have they been officially declared dead? Just had a tribute before the Arsenal Man Utd game, BBC said same will happen at all PL games this week, and players are wearing black armbands.

Nick

Administrator
Have they been officially declared dead? Just had a tribute before the Arsenal Man Utd game, BBC said same will happen at all PL games this week, and players are wearing black armbands.
I think so. Not legally though but not expecting life

chiefdave

BBC saying Sala's family have complained to the FA that tributes are being held and black armbands worn but he has not been declared dead.

CJ_covblaze

How long is it until a missing person is declared dead? Isn't it years?

6 years rings a bell. How long did they allow before Richie Edwards was?

no_loyalty

Messi, Maradonna and some other players have chipped in to raise £130,000 for a new search.

Otis

Sounds crazy to me.

Any expert will tell you the chances of survival in the sea past a mere few hours is practically zero. It's winter too, so imagine the sea temperature. This is now over 5 days in.

Unfortunately, barring a complete and utter miracle of them sitting on, or clinging to something like a plane wing, floating in the water, they've gone and thorough searches have been made.

Otis

How odd.

Quite baffling that. Do they think he is in a hidden underwater cave with a huge stockpile of deep sea diving equipment or something? And where exactly are they going to search? They have no idea where the plane went down.

chiefdave

They think he’s alive but they’re searching underwater? Do they think he’s found Atlantis?

Sad really, hope people around them are trying to put them straight and not encouraging that kind of thinking.

speedie87

I read somewhere that a body sinks when you drown as the lungs fill up with water. However after 10 days or the body’s cells start releasing gas which can cause the body to come back up to the surface. So if they were thrown free of the plane I suppose there is still a chance their bodies could be given up by the sea and washed ashore somewhere.

Gazolba

Don't they just want to recover the body so he can have a proper burial?
Or are they just supposed to leave his body there to be eaten by fish?

vow

Don't they just want to recover the body so he can have a proper burial?
Aye, thought that myself, decent thing to do, but...probably has been fish food already...

no_loyalty

Read somewhere that the plane could have sunk into Hurd's Deep, the place where a British
sub-marine sank in 1951.

Gazolba

Option two sounds best. Give something back to the ocean.
Yeah and someone could catch those fish and you could end up eating a footballer for dinner.

Terry Gibson's perm

Plane has been found on the seabed in the channel according to sky sports news

The Great Eastern

Just hope the marine life haven't shown too much of an interest in the bodies. Apparently takes about 10 days in salt water for the flesh to soften down to the point crabs come-a-looking...

Users who are viewing this thread