Emiliano Sala (Cardiff Player) on board missing plane (2 Viewers)

Forever_Blue

If they’ve managed to get on a raft then I hope they were well wrapped up, fuckin cold out at sea. And if they did surely they’d have made contact by now with mobile technology etc, It’s looking less likely they’ll be found alive.

covcity4life

Cardiff said they weren't going to play him in a central role. Apparently he's poor in the air and on the wing, goes missing for long periods, so they though he'd be more suited if they deployed him in the channel …

… coat please!
you are a dumb c**t

Nick

Administrator
Apparently the pilot posted about being "a bit rusty" after landing in France on social media

Covstu

Okay maybe too soon for this and it’s not meant to be insensitive but do Cardiff still pay the fee (or probably already done so?). Probably the last thing on their minds but that signing was huge for them and probably relegated them as a result?

Otis

Okay maybe too soon for this and it’s not meant to be insensitive but do Cardiff still pay the fee (or probably already done so?). Probably the last thing on their minds but that signing was huge for them and probably relegated them as a result?
Don't know, but the club will have taken out insurance when he signed, surely.

Nick

Administrator
Given up searching

Dxr4GrdVAAAuntV.jpg

fernandopartridge

I see the grief junkies are out already, social media full of hackneyed rubbish like "football family". Fuck off. I think it's a tragedy but genuinely don't care any more than that nor do I care for the 'grief' of Cardiff fans

Brighton Sky Blue

They'd signed him so the money had changed hands so all depends on insurance

Brighton Sky Blue

I see the grief junkies are out already, social media full of hackneyed rubbish like "football family". Fuck off. I think it's a tragedy but genuinely don't care any more than that nor do I care for the 'grief' of Cardiff fans

Better let Notts County have 24 hours to make training shirts with his face on

vow

On a side note, spotted this on Football Away Days, bodes well for Sunderland away too, only a quid!

oucho

To be fair, on their forum the Cardiff fans seem genuinely upset. I'd feel the same if this was us. In fact I do feel very sad about the whole episode.

Otis

Yeah, but it's the stuff like 'love you forever ' for a player only just signed and not even played for them yet.

Everything is so over the top these days. Can't it just be RIP and sadness?

Next it will be 'the greatest ever Cardiff City player to never ever have played for us.'

I agree with Fernando. Can't we all just be sad without all the way, way OTT nonsense?

Otis

It's for social media, a grieving competition.
Yep. Totally agree.

It is also a competition of our grief is on par with your grief, if not worse and we are going to make our banner as big as, if not bigger than your banner.

If we signed a player and then he was tragically killed just two days after we signed him and before he had even played for us, he most certainly wouldn't be forever in my heart.

Just be sad.

Covstu

It's for social media, a grieving competition.
Yep like when someone famous dies it’s a race to be able to put their fake grief on Facebook, not because they are sad but just to get likes and recognition.

Covstu

Yeah, but it's the stuff like 'love you forever ' for a player only just signed and not even played for them yet.

Everything is so over the top these days. Can't it just be RIP and sadness?

Next it will be 'the greatest ever Cardiff City player to never ever have played for us.'

I agree with Fernando. Can't we all just be sad without all the way, way OTT nonsense?
What you didn’t say this for Robert Jarni when he flew over our city and didn’t friggin land!

rob9872

What you didn’t say this for Robert Jarni when he flew over our city and didn’t friggin land!
I think we should all lay flowers and scarves for Jarni at the Jimmy Hill statue before the Blackpool game tomorrow #FootballFamily #FansUnited

Nick

Administrator
Yep like when someone famous dies it’s a race to be able to put their fake grief on Facebook, not because they are sad but just to get likes and recognition.

Exactly.

It's people scramble around to find a picture of them with them or write about how they once walked past them and smiled in a train station and it made their life.

It's social media nonsense, the same as #prayfor(INSERT NAME) type shite.

Nothing worse than fake grief.

Nick

Administrator
being so stone hearted about it is just as silly as those that go overboard tbh

just be normal people

It is normal. Obviously it is sad that somebody has lost their life but if people grieved for every person dying they would be in a world of shit.

It is the same as when Diana died, people sobbing their hearts out in the streets.

If one of my close relatives passed away in a tragic circumstance and randoms who never even knew me / them appeared to take pictures for social media for attention they would be told to fuck right off.

It's not being cold hearted, people can find something sad without having to post selfies or write a poem on social media about it.

covcity4life

It is what it is, people know celebs more than they know random people. People have memories of these figures that have died so makes it harder. ridiculous grief is ott but its makes sense why people grieve over celebs

i was and still am very saddened by chester bennington the lead singer of linkin park dying. doesnt mean i am faking it etc i just miss the music they will never play live again and i am sad his voice is gone and sad that he felt need to take his own life

and if randoms knew of your uncle for a certain reason then they may have reason to grieve,of course i am not saying lining streets crying etc is always the right reaction. just think its deluded to pretend celebs wont be grieved for more than a random,its all about losing something in your life. nowhere near same imapct as a true loved one but impact nontheless.

Nick

Administrator
It is what it is, people know celebs more than they know random people. People have memories of these figures that have died so makes it harder. ridiculous grief is ott but its makes sense why people grieve over celebs

i was and still am very saddened by chester bennington the lead singer of linkin park dying. doesnt mean i am faking it etc i just miss the music they will never play live again and i am sad his voice is gone and sad that he felt need to take his own life

and if randoms knew of your uncle for a certain reason then they may have reason to grieve,of course i am not saying lining streets crying etc is always the right reaction. just think its deluded to pretend celebs wont be grieved for more than a random,its all about losing something in your life. nowhere near same imapct as a true loved one but impact nontheless.

If for example it was my uncle and people knew him then of course pay their respects etc.

I am talking about when others have never met the person and do things for social media / photo opportunities / to try and have a grieving competition!

covcity4life

If for example it was my uncle and people knew him then of course pay their respects etc.

I am talking about when others have never met the person and do things for social media / photo opportunities / to try and have a grieving competition!
agree

but i wrote RIP on social media(not facebook,more of a sports one) i beleive,and i dont think anything wrong with that. i never met sala but saw him score goals for nantes over last year or 2. a lil prayer for him and world goes on.

getting angry about terms like football family etc whilst i understand ppl find it cringy i think anyone that takes time to articulate how much they hate it prob has issues themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread