Emile Heskey (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Maybe the worst player is extreme. Of course not, but even professional managers make mistakes, as we've heard with your company in your "outbursts" shall we say ;)

So what would you say about him? I just can't understand why anyone would want him at CCFC (even in the unlikely event he did sign for us)? Plus he wouldn't fit SP's style of play or squad criteria.

I seem to recall his latter years spent rolling around the floor like some drunk, middle aged fan who's ran onto the pitch in the rain.

No one wants him now but some accusations are ridiculous .

His work rate was very high and he would take defenders away and run and run .

His appearances for England were always derided yet the success enjoyed then is well beyond what we have now. Owen enjoyed his best goal scoring period with heskey as a foil.

500 premier league games tells its story.

ccfc92

No one wants him now but some accusations are ridiculous .

His work rate was very high and he would take defenders away and run and run .

His appearances for England were always derided yet the success enjoyed then is well beyond what we have now. Owen enjoyed his best goal scoring period with heskey as a foil.

500 premier league games tells its story.

I do agree with this.

All I'm saying is, the way some have gone on about him on this thread, you'd think we were signing Thierry Henry or something.

IMO EH is nothing special.

How would Heskey of compared in the footballing heydays of the 70's and 80's? (Genuine question)

johnwillomagic

Thanks for comments which seem to be overall a resounding no! I find this a little surprising as many of the nos were saying we need a target man who can hold the ball up and he always had the ability to do that.

Truly shocked at some peoples opinions on him though sky blue glasses taken off I can only think of Robbie Keane who achieved more out of all our strikers from the past 40 years!! Even the better ones can't compare in terms of international caps and honours gained.

I also do not think 36 is necessarilly OAP or one or two would be dreadful as most have very hazy memories I will throw out Dennis Wise for instance! :whistle:

Grendel

Thanks for comments which seem to be overall a resounding no! I find this a little surprising as many of the nos were saying we need a target man who can hold the ball up and he always had the ability to do that.

Truly shocked at some peoples opinions on him though sky blue glasses taken off I can only think of Robbie Keane who achieved more out of all our strikers from the past 40 years!! Even the better ones can't compare in terms of international caps and honours gained.

I also do not think 36 is necessarilly OAP or one or two would be dreadful as most have very hazy memories I will throw out Dennis Wise for instance! :whistle:

He's nothing compared to Carl Baker.

johnwillomagic

Sadly Grendel I am beginning to think some on here do genuinely believe your comment above!!
still Baker is guaranteed to score ten goals at this level every season.....and was in the team of the year don;t forget!!!! :facepalm:

mds

Would loved to have seen Kevin Phillips given Heskey`s opportunities at international level, never got the chances but twice the player in my eyes.

Denis Wise, different animal altogether, much like i hated the thought at the time of Kevin Richardson and Carlton Palmer coming to us in their later years proved worthy, Heskey, no!

johnwillomagic

so you have named two extra players to me that played for Cov that you would have said no to that still cut it at premiership level - not that I thought Richardson did imo and yet you won't give a player of similar age and with simila /better cv a go at League 1 level.....interesting?

mds

so you have named two extra players to me that played for Cov that you would have said no to that still cut it at premiership level - not that I thought Richardson did imo and yet you won't give a player of similar age and with simila /better cv a go at League 1 level.....interesting?
Yes, its simple in my eyes, just my opinion tho, position!

Users who are viewing this thread