Emile Heskey (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Just seen him on soccer saturday - wanting a club and now at 36.

Leicester boy so Cov would be quite local and if he is genuine may pay for wages we can offer.
IMO need a target man and he would be a beast in League one.

Ticks all the boxes for me so would it be worth Pressley at least making an enquiry about him?

D

Deleted member 4232

1 in 19 for the newcastle jets last season? And you think he will beast league 1?

johnwillomagic

I think he could be just what we need as with new system our forwards can be quite isolated....would hold ball up well for others to get up and support.....even John Fleck might have a chance to get forward!!!

Terry Gibson's perm

I was thinking about getting a season ticket but the thought of him would put me off.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

[video=youtube;bhrOG_bsNuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhrOG_bsNuw[/video]

hill83

He is nowhere near as bad as people weirdly like to make out. Not sure why. Too old though, he'd do a job, but that wouldn't be getting goals.

mds

He is as bad as people weirdly like to make out. Not sure why. Too old though, he'd do a job, playing/coaching at Nuneaton but that wouldn't be getting goals.
Edited to suit my POV :)
He always looked lazy and lethargic to me, could never understand how he got anywhere near the England squad, again just my POV

kg82

He is nowhere near as bad as people weirdly like to make out. Not sure why. Too old though, he'd do a job, but that wouldn't be getting goals.

It's really strange isn't it. He was decent. Didn't score enough but people make out like he was some bloke with only one leg playing.

mds

It's really strange isn't it. He was decent. Didn't score enough but people make out like he was some bloke with only one leg playing.
And if he had used both legs he would probably been/looked a decent player :)

mds

Ahhh....yet another 'lazy' player.
Its like watching a game, we all see it slightly differently, have a different take on how it panned out, that is exactly how Heskey was for me, "my opinion" is that i wouldnt want him here.

kg82

Thing is, he was anything BUT a lazy player. Ran his socks off. I think he's passed it now but I'm not having that he was complete crap.

Grendel

Chipfat

Heskey made a living out of being big and falling over, he was never as good as the standard he reached, he was best at LCFC when O"Neil played a system that suited him.. Bang it over the top chase fall over get free kicks,, bring Elliot, Walsh, Heskey into the box and scrap for second Ball.. The man was very overrated in my opinion....

ccfc92

Not disputing that. Just comments such as ccfc92's. OTT nonsense.

I'm sorry, but would you genuinely want him here?

If you were going to name prolific strikers, he wouldn't spring to mind, that's all I'm saying.

Grendel

I'm sorry, but would you genuinely want him here?

If you were going to name prolific strikers, he wouldn't spring to mind, that's all I'm saying.

By saying he is he worst player to play professional football you are saying the likes of Martin Oneil Steve Bruce Gerrard Houllier and Erikson are less judges of a player than you.

I personally trust their judgement over ccfc92 on a sky blues forum.

Hobo

Heskey? the most over rated under achiever..the best t
hing he ever did was move to villa!

ccfc92

By saying he is he worst player to play professional football you are saying the likes of Martin Oneil Steve Bruce Gerrard Houllier and Erikson are less judges of a player than you.

I personally trust their judgement over ccfc92 on a sky blues forum.

Maybe the worst player is extreme. Of course not, but even professional managers make mistakes, as we've heard with your company in your "outbursts" shall we say ;)

So what would you say about him? I just can't understand why anyone would want him at CCFC (even in the unlikely event he did sign for us)? Plus he wouldn't fit SP's style of play or squad criteria.

I seem to recall his latter years spent rolling around the floor like some drunk, middle aged fan who's ran onto the pitch in the rain.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it's because he got so many England caps when he wasn't really international standard, highlighted his deficiencies at the top level for the whole world to see. In terms of ability he's probably similar to Kevin Davies but one got 62 England cap and the other got 1.

ccfc92

I think it's because he got so many England caps when he wasn't really international standard, highlighted his deficiencies at the top level for the whole world to see. In terms of ability he's probably similar to Kevin Davies but one got 62 England cap and the other got 1.

To be fair, I think this is what formed my opinion of him as a footballer.

But still wouldn't want him anywhere near our club, high wages, minimal gain from signing him IMO

Users who are viewing this thread