EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

giphy.gif

There's straddling it and impaling it

fernandopartridge

I've heard a rumour that there is cash on the table from the PL to get the games played, not sure why they want to as it's nothing to do with them

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

shepardo01

...... just waiting now for Southend and Bolton to make a joint statement to suggest that they don't think PPG is fair as mathematically neither are relegated so there needs to be a system involving complex mathematics and statistics taking into account what might happen over 100,000 scenarios played out over football manager for the next ten years........
Thus allowing the EFL to take that seriously and delay even further so as not to upset them.....

tisza

For all the talk of L1 form and fixtures either side of this break the Bundesliga has seen advantage of home games dramatically dissipate and injuries up 250%. Latter being blamed on "unusual preseason" and fixture congestion.

Brighton Sky Blue

For all the talk of L1 form and fixtures either side of this break the Bundesliga has seen advantage of home games dramatically dissipate and injuries up 250%. Latter being blamed on "unusual preseason" and fixture congestion.

Can't help but think Dortmund would have had a result against Bayern with a full house

RegTheDonk

It was on one of the tables that was put out. Honestly I can't remember if it was weighted or unweighted or whatever weighted! Even if it was 3 points that's only one result. I know our goal difference is -11 in comparison to Wimbledon but if we won our game in hand against Rochdale by lets say 2, then we beat Wimbledon by 2, the goal difference gap is then 5 to Wimbledon and just 2 to Rochdale so that can easily change.

I agree that there is no perfect scenario but we're just putting forward our case which we have every right to do. It's a lot easier to say "accept your fate" when you're going to be promoted no matter what or if you're comfortably mid table and won't be going up or down at all. But when you're in our situation it's different. Everyone is saying go with PPG and going "it's harsh on Tranmere but that's just how it is". Others go with the line "If we were in your situation we'd just take the relegation and get on with it".

I want this sorted as much as everyone else and as I've already said, whatever decision happens then we have to get on with it. Every club is suffering financially and the sooner this is resolved the better. But I won't apologise for our club fighting our corner. Could we have done it in a better way? Probably. But I don't see why we should be told to simply accept the matter when it impacts us so severely.
While everyone might accept its a shame as you were looking to play yourself out of trouble, this formula has too many variables to be as fair as you're claiming it is. Go back 3 years and there are teams playing in different leagues with different players. I'll wager many clubs probably don't have half those on their books now. Its an absolutely daft stance to say this is fairer and more just than any PPG formula on the table.

You seem a reasonable bloke and I really get you being behind this as it saves you from the drop. But its so transparent that's why your owners have come up with it.

That gobby bloke in charge of Posh is loaded and desperate too...maybe he would bung each club enough to keep them afloat for a couple of months, just to get it done properly and fairly. You were on a roll so maybe you should be lobbying for clubs to play on?

skybluebeast

Have heard tonight that there isn’t going to be a decision made until the 8th June at the earliest.
Apparently the EFL have extended the deadline for ideas until Monday, at which time if there is any they deem worthy they will put them all on a ballot paper and clubs have 5 days to vote which way they want to go.
They acknowledge that player contracts could become an issue but are willing to give teams more time to decide. It would seem they’re scared of litigation.
City players will be back for full training on the 8th.

And no I’m not snowflake!! This may be the case may not, but it’s pretty reliable where it has come from.

better days

Have heard tonight that there isn’t going to be a decision made until the 8th June at the earliest.
Apparently the EFL have extended the deadline for ideas until Monday, at which time if there is any they deem worthy they will put them all on a ballot paper and clubs have 5 days to vote which way they want to go.
They acknowledge that player contracts could become an issue but are willing to give teams more time to decide. It would seem they’re scared of litigation.
City players will be back for full training on the 8th.

And no I’m not snowflake!! This may be the case may not, but it’s pretty reliable where it has come from.
Doncaster have issued a statement saying results of ballot and final decision will be made w/c 8th June

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Chief executive update on conclusion of Sky Bet League One season
'Over the past few weeks you will have no doubt seen many announcements and messages from ourselves, the EFL and of course the Government. As we reach the end of the month of May, I thought this would be a good opportunity to summarise our current position as a club.

Following weeks of discussions between all of the clubs in our division and a number of different proposals about how the season could be resolved, Sky Bet League One clubs expect to vote for their preferred option soon after the EFL Board meet today (May 28), and we expect the outcome of that vote to be announced week commencing June 8 at the latest.

Regardless of how the current season is to be finished, our chairman David Blunt has asked me to go on record and thank the EFL for their assistance during the last few weeks. This is an unprecedented time and their facilitation and support to clubs has been invaluable.

Once the club knows how the season will be resolved, we will then update supporters as to the options for those who have already made purchases relating to the 2019/20 season.

You will have seen last week that the players and senior staff have agreed to take pay deferrals and pay cuts in order to keep the club viable during this pandemic, and those actions follow that of our directors who each put in additional funding in excess of six figures to keep the club afloat at the beginning of lockdown. These actions have been to safeguard the club’s immediate future and have helped to keep us financially stable during this difficult time when our income streams have been reduced to almost zero.

Ensuring we find solutions for supporters and partners who have purchased match tickets, season tickets and other packages that are no longer valid with a season curtailment is one we take very seriously.

We have called for a Supporters Board meeting on Friday and as part of that meeting we will discuss our existing liability, our proposed solutions and the actions other clubs have taken. As always our starting point will be to try and ensure we can go above and beyond to please our supporters, but whilst ensuring we do not put the future of our club in doubt.

Following the Supporters Board meeting and once confirmation of the result of the EFL League One vote, we will then provide clarity to our supporters. We wish to take this opportunity to reassure all fans that we are committed to ensuring our supporters know how much we value them. During the past few weeks there have been some incredible acts of kindness from the Supporters Clubs and fans making donations to the club, additional purchases being made and fans making pledges not to ask for refunds. Our goal is to create a solution that amplifies those act of kindness back to all our supporters and ensures we have a club to support in the future.

We will have succeeded if we can create a solution whereby fans are delighted and the club looks forward to next season.

In the meantime I sincerely hope this message finds you safe and well.'

Sbarcher

Think the EFL are taking a short road journey to test their fit for purpose.

Sbarcher

Chief executive update on conclusion of Sky Bet League One season
'Over the past few weeks you will have no doubt seen many announcements and messages from ourselves, the EFL and of course the Government. As we reach the end of the month of May, I thought this would be a good opportunity to summarise our current position as a club.

Following weeks of discussions between all of the clubs in our division and a number of different proposals about how the season could be resolved, Sky Bet League One clubs expect to vote for their preferred option soon after the EFL Board meet today (May 28), and we expect the outcome of that vote to be announced week commencing June 8 at the latest.

Regardless of how the current season is to be finished, our chairman David Blunt has asked me to go on record and thank the EFL for their assistance during the last few weeks. This is an unprecedented time and their facilitation and support to clubs has been invaluable.

Once the club knows how the season will be resolved, we will then update supporters as to the options for those who have already made purchases relating to the 2019/20 season.

You will have seen last week that the players and senior staff have agreed to take pay deferrals and pay cuts in order to keep the club viable during this pandemic, and those actions follow that of our directors who each put in additional funding in excess of six figures to keep the club afloat at the beginning of lockdown. These actions have been to safeguard the club’s immediate future and have helped to keep us financially stable during this difficult time when our income streams have been reduced to almost zero.

Ensuring we find solutions for supporters and partners who have purchased match tickets, season tickets and other packages that are no longer valid with a season curtailment is one we take very seriously.

We have called for a Supporters Board meeting on Friday and as part of that meeting we will discuss our existing liability, our proposed solutions and the actions other clubs have taken. As always our starting point will be to try and ensure we can go above and beyond to please our supporters, but whilst ensuring we do not put the future of our club in doubt.

Following the Supporters Board meeting and once confirmation of the result of the EFL League One vote, we will then provide clarity to our supporters. We wish to take this opportunity to reassure all fans that we are committed to ensuring our supporters know how much we value them. During the past few weeks there have been some incredible acts of kindness from the Supporters Clubs and fans making donations to the club, additional purchases being made and fans making pledges not to ask for refunds. Our goal is to create a solution that amplifies those act of kindness back to all our supporters and ensures we have a club to support in the future.

We will have succeeded if we can create a solution whereby fans are delighted and the club looks forward to next season.

In the meantime I sincerely hope this message finds you safe and well.'
If after all of the deliberations there is a vote to decide the league, this democratic outcome would seem to absolve the EFL from any legal threats. Good thinking on their part!

Nick

Administrator
We're in a relatively stable position financially due to recent overseas investment so should be ok and whilst I hope all 72 clubs come through this unscathed, I think there will be a couple, certainly up here in the North West, that will suffer. We even managed to redo our pitch... Looking very different to when you were here in January!

Hindsight is a great thing as I'd say yes however a few weeks ago no one really had any idea on what proposals would be put out by the EFL. I think it's always just the way to be reactive rather than proactive with regards to official commitments from football clubs as seen with Hearts, Lyon over in France, AZ over in Holland and Stevenage so can't blame us for being the same.

It's one of those where if we do go down then so be it... That will be the formal decision, we all move on and get back to fighting for promotion back to League One. But if we do go down, we won't be going down without a fight!

Have you cleaned all the Pigeon shit off the seats though?

better days

Martin Samuel is at it again
Most of his column today is taken up by political ranting but he starts an attack on AFC Wimbledon's desire to end the L1 season 'All cynics start out as optimists......'
Pot and kettle?

Phoenix5555

The premier league have voted to use unweighted ppg if the season doesn’t finish including relegation. I can’t see any way now we won’t be promoted

Mcbean

No good thinking the 8th will be decision day - until the Prem plays BCD i cant see the other leagues risking whether it will work or not - the fans must not travel or it will kill it in a second

Users who are viewing this thread