EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (1 Viewer)

Ring Of Steel

The Leicester point only damages your statistical analysis. At a similar point of the season, 9 games to play, they were 14 points behind 14th place where they ended up finishing so then Southend could argue they should stay up too as they're only 16pts off safety?
Not sure even the most ardent Southend fan could claim that as fair or "equitable"

There is no "statistical analysis" because there are no relevant statistics to use, only opinions & what might have beens- use statistics and you have to use actual games played this season.

Colin Steins Smile

I'm waiting for the next proposal from Nicola Palios to say that teams with white shirts get a bonus 12 points. This has become a farce as chairs of some clubs try to create different statistics for their own ends.

ccfcricoh

With all due respect to Tranmere they're not doing themselves any favours, if they want to play on, they need to be finding ways to ensure that can happen. They have no interest in actually playing on, they just want to stay up (of course! we'd all be the same). When the 2 options are PPG or play on, coming up with more statistics is a waste of time.

The longer it gets dragged on, the more likely PPG becomes

wingy

Philosoraptors graph's and charts are bang on money for this .
This doesn't allow time to get fit play the games out by the end of July does it .
Nor deal with loans or contracts coming to an end .

JimmyHillsbeard

I don't understand the vitriol towards the likes of Palios, if I was a Tranmere fan I'd want our owners to do the same. I don't agree with the plan they've come up with but they've come up with one at least.

I agree although their plan which seeks to count the end of season performance over the last three years (coincidentally they were promoted in each of the last two) does need to be called out as arbitrary.

steve cooper

Don't the EFL have to give 21 days notice of a vote to change the rules? or did I imagine that? If so, that might explain the delay.

JimmyHillsbeard

With all due respect to Tranmere they're not doing themselves any favours, if they want to play on, they need to be finding ways to ensure that can happen. They have no interest in actually playing on, they just want to stay up (of course! we'd all be the same). When the 2 options are PPG or play on, coming up with more statistics is a waste of time.

The longer it gets dragged on, the more likely PPG becomes

yep and some clubs know this. They can vote to “finish the season” and posture about sporting integrity without expecting it to actually be possible.

Covcraig@bury

EFL just come straight out and say Coventry are promoted champions as of now .. then they can sort all the other L1 issues Out whilst we all get very pissed And give our thumbs a well deserved rest ! Had more than enough now ..

Grendel

There is no "statistical analysis" because there are no relevant statistics to use, only opinions & what might have beens- use statistics and you have to use actual games played this season.

Same as us going up then with no finished season

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Philosoraptors graph's and charts are bang on money for this .
This doesn't allow time to get fit play the games out by the end of July does it .
Nor deal with loans or contracts coming to an end .
I've never understood those graphs and charts. I'd rather knit with fog than try to get to grips with them! :emoji_grin:

Tommo1993

Is it over yet?
giphy.gif

covboy1987

EFL just come straight out and say Coventry are promoted champions as of now .. then they can sort all the other L1 issues Out whilst we all get very pissed And give our thumbs a well deserved rest ! Had more than enough now ..
I am seriously not been
The annoying things is that the majority of clubs in our division, fans and owners are saying the same thing Coventry should go up automatically – However they hey have issues with Rotherham joining them and also have issues with Tranmere going down – Should it not be listen to the majority – Cov to go up, play off between the next 5 or 6 and no relegation this year

mr_monkey

I am seriously not been

The annoying things is that the majority of clubs in our division, fans and owners are saying the same thing Coventry should go up automatically – However they hey have issues with Rotherham joining them and also have issues with Tranmere going down – Should it not be listen to the majority – Cov to go up, play off between the next 5 or 6 and no relegation this year

Tbf only one club has an issue with Tranmere going down

Johnnythespider

The efl would have to be deaf dumb and blind to have missed Tranmere's convoluted theory, but that wouldn't stop them driving to Barnard Castle if they felt like it.
One good thing about this delay is by the time it's sorted we'll be out of lockdown and free to celebrate properly

BigadamL

Texas allowing 25% stadium cap now, if we stay at St. Andrews is regulars will be all ok then as we are at about 22%????

better days

Texas allowing 25% stadium cap now, if we stay at St. Andrews is regulars will be all ok then as we are at about 22%????
I've heard rumours of Premier League teams having to ballot their season ticket holders for places if (as likely) football allows crowds back with some kind of social distancing

jordan210

I've heard rumours of Premier League teams having to ballot their season ticket holders for places if (as likely) football allows crowds back with some kind of social distancing

The statement today said behind closed doors. hence why the tv restrictions have been lifted

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

First home game v the Villa, 100% sellout.

Users who are viewing this thread