EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (4 Viewers)

larry_david

Not sure if mentioned yet but Lincoln announced they are releasing 11 players including captain and vice captain. Will be fun them begrudgingly playing on in a months time

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure if mentioned yet but Lincoln announced they are releasing 11 players including captain and vice captain. Will be fun them begrudgingly playing on in a months time

If they do resume L1 football, there will be a few gimme games for us, which should see us over the line anyway (Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Burton etc) before we play anybody that would be meaningful. On top of that Wimbledon would almost certainly know their fate by final game, so that should be another. Oh yeah, plus resumption won't happen anyway!

MalcSB

Can anyone tell me if the EFL and league one clubs had ended the league earlier, and in effect put clubs into closed season would they then be unable to claim furlough, just a thought that delay might be beneficial to clubs financially, when does pre-season normally start, i have it in mind as around mid June which would put clubs in their normal financial yearly situations when the vote is done.
There was another article in the Mail saying that HMRC have told Rugby clubs that their players could return to training without affecting furlough as the players are not providing a service to their employers. Presumably that would apply to football as well!

chiefdave

There was another article in the Mail saying that HMRC have told Rugby clubs that their players could return to training without affecting furlough as the players are proving a service to their players employees. Presumably that would apply to football as well!
Couldn't you apply the same logic to everyone on furlough?

Johhny Blue

Null & void, Play it out, PPG, Weighted PPG, etc etc. If Tranmere want to add fairy tales Let's finalize this once and for all.
If each team is given points based on their name and Scrabble points divided by the number of letters in their name we would miss out on promotion but for the sake of integrity would take it on the chin and move on. Surely even Tranmere couldn't argue against such an arbitrary process.
The final table would look like this:
1. Oxford 2.833
2. Wycombe 2.714
3. Ipswich 2.148
4. M.K. Dons 2.166
5. Rochdale 2.142
6. Blackpool 2.111
7. Shrewsbury 2.1
8. Coventry 2
9. Rotherham 1.888
10. Fleetwood 1.777
11. Gillingham 1.7
12. Portsmouth 1.7
13. Wimbledon 1.666
14. Peterborough 1.7
15. Southend 1.5
16. Accrington 1.5
17. Sunderland 1.4
18. Bristol Rovers 1.384
19. Burton 1.333
20. Bolton 1.333
21. Doncaster 1.333
22. Lincoln 1.285
23.Tranmere 1.25

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There won't be any more football in league 1 . Its finished. Season over.

skyblue1991

Null & void, Play it out, PPG, Weighted PPG, etc etc. If Tranmere want to add fairy tales Let's finalize this once and for all.
If each team is given points based on their name and Scrabble points divided by the number of letters in their name we would miss out on promotion but for the sake of integrity would take it on the chin and move on. Surely even Tranmere couldn't argue against such an arbitrary process.
The final table would look like this:
1. Oxford 2.833
2. Wycombe 2.714
3. Ipswich 2.148
4. M.K. Dons 2.166
5. Rochdale 2.142
6. Blackpool 2.111
7. Shrewsbury 2.1
8. Coventry 2
9. Rotherham 1.888
10. Fleetwood 1.777
11. Gillingham 1.7
12. Portsmouth 1.7
13. Wimbledon 1.666
14. Peterborough 1.7
15. Southend 1.5
16. Accrington 1.5
17. Sunderland 1.4
18. Bristol Rovers 1.384
19. Burton 1.333
20. Bolton 1.333
21. Doncaster 1.333
22. Lincoln 1.285
23.Tranmere 1.25
I should've read your paragraph first before quoting you and asking how the fuck are Oxford top!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Yeah there’s no direct economic benefit from training is there? Would be no different to me reading up on a programming language I guess.

Maybe I’m getting confused and misunderstanding what you are all taking about however, I’m sure Robins said they can’t force players to train whilst on furlough. Although, if non compulsory sessions were put on, it would surely take a brave player to not turn up.

shmmeee

Maybe I’m getting confused and misunderstanding what you are all taking about however, I’m sure Robins said they can’t force players to train whilst on furlough. Although, if non compulsory sessions were put on, it would surely take a brave player to not turn up.

Fair point about it being compulsory. I’m sure someone on here said they’d been given tasks to do on furlough and it wasn’t allowed.

Skyblueweeman

Is it realistic that 8th June is the day we find out??
To be fair, it's a bit like the old 'there's going to be news on Thursday'. Seems like every Monday for the last few weeks has been when we were going to find out that we're promoted as champions so I'm not holding my breath!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Voice_of_Reason

So, nothing has changed. The vote is still PPG or play on. If 51% vote to embed PPG into regulations on June 8th ( all 71 clubs vote) then League 1 will vote on June 11th. There are no further choices... PPG or play on, 51% decide.

Philosorapter

Article in the Oxford Mail suggesting we have the 51% to end now.

I think it's in the bag. They seem to be accelerating the time of the vote.

Two votes on a day...

All eyes next on Villa hopefully getting relegated.

larry_david

Let's say they end it on ppg. I can't wait to see if bookies agree that settled table is the final table. I've got a daft bet on cov to win the league, notts county top 7, Northampton top 7. Ppg it's in. But will my money be in!?

Sbarcher

Let's say they end it on ppg. I can't wait to see if bookies agree that settled table is the final table. I've got a daft bet on cov to win the league, notts county top 7, Northampton top 7. Ppg it's in. But will my money be in!?
Looking at it purely in £s and pence, I would think the would make more money paying out as Cov champions than having to refund bets on Sunderland and Ipswich.

ccfcway

If they do resume L1 football, there will be a few gimme games for us, which should see us over the line anyway (Shrewsbury, Lincoln, Burton etc) before we play anybody that would be meaningful. On top of that Wimbledon would almost certainly know their fate by final game, so that should be another. Oh yeah, plus resumption won't happen anyway!

The biggest this season was Bolton away. Didn’t quite work out like that.

I’ll happily take the end of the season on PPG now

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Oh well 10 more sleeps.

Are we there yet.

giphy.gif

steve cooper

Actually our away form pre-Christmas makes no sense when compared to our form.since then. 7 wins and a draw in the last 8 away games. if we had won 3 or 4 of the away games pre-Christmas, the other league 1 teams would need a telescope to see us.

Users who are viewing this thread