EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (6 Viewers)

Ian1779

Apologies if already posted or linked to.

Somerset Sky Blue

Happily take PPG champions!

I still can't see premier League accepting 3 more teams - the top teams want fewer games (they have European games, international competition at the end of season, followed by world cup mid season following year...), especially as it will be the same amount of TV money split between more clubs. I appreciate the teams at the lower end will have a say, but still reckon they will relegate three.

lord_garrincha

Question. If this happens do bookies payout on winning bets?
Not sure what the rules are on this. Nearest thing I think of is a greyhound leading at the final corner and the hare stops, which voids all bets.

That may be the case, but some bookies may pay out for PR purposes if their liabilities aren't too high.

Somerset Sky Blue

Not sure what the rules are on this. Nearest thing I think of is a greyhound leading at the final corner and the hare stops, which voids all bets.

That may be the case, but some bookies may pay out for PR purposes if their liabilities aren't too high.
I think they will pay out, otherwise they would have to refund all bets.
Given how the industry works, I think they will still be in profit after paying out on Liverpool, Leeds, Coventry and others.

@richh87

Apologies if already posted or linked to.

Nice one! We’d be even further ahead on this basis.

I wonder if the financial issues will push SISU out, or alternatively put Wasps out of business allowing SISU to buy the Ricoh on the cheap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I still can't see premier League accepting 3 more teams - the top teams want fewer games (they have European games, international competition at the end of season, followed by world cup mid season following year...), especially as it will be the same amount of TV money split between more clubs. I appreciate the teams at the lower end will have a say, but still reckon they will relegate three.
I reckon they’ll relegate. sky won’t allow non relegation because Norwich v Villa for example would just be a friendly. They want competition

larry_david

Yeah they must pay out on winning bets or void and refund all losing bets such as Sunderland to win the league for all our mackem friends who were certain it would happen

better days

I have heard that ppg is likely to be the way it's decided
We will be one of the few clubs in L1 and 2 who don't have to worry quite so much about financial implications as promotion to the Championship will make it much easier to get any funding needed to get through till fans are allowed again
Interesting developments in the Premier League where apparently the FA have the power to insist on 3 being relegated and they have agreed with the PL to do so if the relegation threatened clubs try to torpedo the plans for games to be played at neutral grounds

Paxman II

I've always maintained this would be the way forward. But it has not happened yet. Just keep that champayne on ice a little bit longer....

cc84cov

An open top bus would be a bit strange if we were crowned champions on PPG leave that one I feel hence why I said it’s a shame as we would of won it comfortably this year but I do get why people welcome this if it happens with no crowds momentum loss etc etc but let’s no embarrass ourselves with an open top bus winning a league on PPG.

lord_garrincha

I think relegation will not a big issue like with the Premiership, in that all clubs going down (some harsh, some deserved) will remain in the EFL. However, I see the 2nd promotion slot in the National Lge disappearing with Barrow taking Bury's spot.

lord_garrincha

An open top bus would be a bit strange if we were crowned champions on PPG leave that one I feel hence why I said it’s a shame as we would of won it comfortably this year but I do get why people welcome this if it happens with no crowds momentum loss etc etc but let’s no embarrass ourselves with an open top bus winning a league on PPG.
It may be a bit sad but, should they be confirmed as champions, maybe they do a live presentation / celebration / conference on youtube with MR and the players - whilst being 2m away from each other (widescreen camera pls)... better than nothing.

jordan210

Giant Zoom party seams fitting. But everyone has to be on mute

D

Deleted member 2477

The funniest comment from the sunderland forum. You can probably guess what some of the others think

I mean I'm no authority on this, but I'll just throw something out there - maybe they should consider voting to promote clubs with the largest fanbases and by definition keep more people happy? It would be for the greater good.

Ring Of Steel

Who said anything about an open topped bus?

I see nothing to be embarrassed about- we are the best team, we have the most points, we lost fewest games, we have the highest points per game- there is no way you can say anything apart from we are the rightful Champions, and had we played the games we'd have won the league as well.

All this stuff about "its the wrong way to do it", its bizarre- what other way is there to decide it bearing in mind current circumstances?

Ring Of Steel

The funniest comment from the sunderland forum. You can probably guess what some of the others think

I mean I'm no authority on this, but I'll just throw something out there - maybe they should consider voting to promote clubs with the largest fanbases and by definition keep more people happy? It would be for the greater good.

Their fanbase is literally the only positive thing about that club, and even that is a poison chalice because their poor players & bad managers can't cope, and the fans turn on them in seconds. They are a very poor club in disarray who won things decades ago with a lot of fans.

jordan210

Will this new cup be named the Trafalgar square cup

covcity4life

I think league cup possibly may go on hiatus. I hope it returns but in todays world it may not

ajsccfc

As long as we go up I'm happy. Although stopping the season short denies teams the chance to improve their current position, everyone is where they are based on footballing merit so it has to be the best way to call it. Trick is to have been less shit in the 30+ games that did happen

chiefdave

I reckon they’ll relegate. sky won’t allow non relegation because Norwich v Villa for example would just be a friendly. They want competition
Exactly, we all know Sky hold the power. With Liverpool so far ahead if there's no relegation they're just going to end up with a. load of meaningless matches.

Voice_of_Reason

They will say we cheated our way to promotion !

robbiekeane

what other way is there to decide it bearing in mind current circumstances?
There isn't of course. But it's the circumstances that make it a bit of a shame! The one time in however many years where we are truly the best in the league and surely you cannot deny there is even the slightest of smudges on it! I'm still delighted and will celebrate accordingly, but struggling to believe you don't at least understand a little bit mate ;)

covcity4life

Nout wring with open top celdbrstion for ppg. We are the champs

Shame it wint happen duentobsocial distancing of course

We nees to do some sort if trophy presentation though

Grendel

I’d in
Anyone else get excited that next seasons championship may be more open as better clubs may have finabcial problems too?

1 magical season away from prem!

With 6 to go down I’ll hold back on the excitement

Users who are viewing this thread