EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (4 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

Will this new cup be named the Trafalgar square cup

I just took a look, they don't seem to be that bad, probably not much different to how we'd be- they know they're not going up whatever happens, but they're mainly saying void the season in what seems to be mostly a case of "if we can't go up then nobody should"
There isn't of course. But it's the circumstances that make it a bit of a shame! The one time in however many years where we are truly the best in the league and surely you cannot deny there is even the slightest of smudges on it! I'm still delighted and will celebrate accordingly, but struggling to believe you don't at least understand a little bit mate ;)

I am honestly, genuinely not disappointed in the least- bearing in mind something like 50,000 people have died- I just feel good about this- if it happens. I know what you're saying and maybe its just me, but I honestly don't feel any sadness at all about the football, its just a great bit of news (if it is true!!) to make life a bit better.

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Fair point although 5 of them around league 1 level may give us a fighting chance

Summer recruitment will be vital again

The point is just bollocks. Its been negativity all the way through, slating players, calling Robins a twat etc- now we should apparently not celebrate promotion because of something which may or may not happen and because we are afraid of the Championship.

I already know of 2 teams we're better than, and we hardly did badly against Birmingham did we, what are they in the table- 16th or something?

Its off the field that would present more issues than on- I have no doubt whatsoever that Robins would keep us up in the division above, he's been proving the doom-mongers wrong for 3 years now and that would just continue to be the case.

covcity4life

The point is just bollocks. Its been negativity all the way through, slating players, calling Robins a twat etc- now we should apparently not celebrate promotion because of something which may or may not happen and because we are afraid of the Championship.

I already know of 2 teams we're better than, and we hardly did badly against Birmingham did we, what are they in the table- 16th or something?

Its off the field that would present more issues than on- I have no doubt whatsoever that Robins would keep us up in the division above, he's been proving the doom-mongers wrong for 3 years now and that would just continue to be the case.
Yeah bar the virus this is a great moment of ccfc and we should all be overjoyed

There was a time it didnt look like wr would ever be back in chsmpionship

Grendel

Oh dear been on the Guinness already?

Ring Of Steel

Yeah bar the virus this is a great moment of ccfc and we should all be overjoyed

You are right. Some people will find a downside but if this actually happens its another huge step on the way back from arguably our lowest point ever.

Grendel

You are right. Some people will find a downside but if this actually happens its another huge step on the way back from arguably our lowest point ever.

How is it our lowest point ever?

oscillatewildly

This is all just in the (pre) proposal stage, right? I've stated already on a couple of other threads that I think there is zero chance of anything outside of PL or C'ship being decided on merit/PPG. I'm sticking with the 'power of negativity' - it appears to be tentatively moving things along in the right direction.

Ring Of Steel

If it does happen then Mark Robins goes second in our all time managers' list when purely taken on 'honours'...

1. Jimmy Hill (2 promotions)
2. Mark Robins (2 promotions)
3= John Sillett (1 FA Cup), Billy Frith (1 promotion), Harry Storer (1 promotion), Frank Scott Walford (1 promotion)

I don't want to tempt fate any more in case it doesn't happen..

Grendel

Let’s be honest for a minute anyone with any respectable wealth wouldn’t sign up to an internet forum to tell strangers how great they are. I think you are living in a make believe fantasy and it’s not your first account on here

ROS is the most guilty of that to be fair

Ring Of Steel

Let’s be honest for a minute anyone with any respectable wealth wouldn’t sign up to an internet forum to tell strangers how great they are. I think you are living in a make believe fantasy and it’s not your first account on here

Who else has this guy been on here as?

Sick Boy

Fucking hell imagine if was based on the halfway point of the season, there can’t be much chance of that, surely??

Users who are viewing this thread