EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (13 Viewers)

steve cooper

So far it’s around 90% death rate in the 65+ age group. Below 45 it’s about 1%. Obviously still a risk but the much bigger risk is for spectators and staff.
Yes, "send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance" (google it)
It just shows how easily things can be misunderstood.

steve cooper

They tested all the staff at the Weston hospital in Wesston super mare due to a spike in cases in the are and it was something like 40 percent tested positive all asymptomatic.
I'd have to look up the exact numbers and I may have my figures a little wrong but it was certainly a high amount and would back up that theory.
Yes, I guess there have been very few random tests done up to now, information like that can be very useful and re-assuring.

Marty

They tested all the staff at the Weston hospital in Wesston super mare due to a spike in cases in the are and it was something like 40 percent tested positive all asymptomatic.
I'd have to look up the exact numbers and I may have my figures a little wrong but it was certainly a high amount and would back up that theory.

They have done a similar thing at a homeless shelter as well, something like 104 tested positive but only one or two showed very minor symptoms.

Colin Steins Smile

The easing of the lockdown is bound to increase the incidence of cases. It’s interesting to note the reports of children being mainly asymptomatic and potentially 40% of people testing postive were also asymptomatic.
In terms of death rates - whilst the numbers of younger aged people dying is much lower. There are some medium to long term impacts on some, including neurological issues and scarring of the lungs.
So to downplay the impact on younger people is inappropriate

better days

They have done a similar thing at a homeless shelter as well, something like 104 tested positive but only one or two showed very minor symptoms.
This is very interesting
I am slightly involved in the testing in the general community where the rate of infection is being found to be very low outside London
Hospitals, care homes and homeless shelters etc are showing much higher rates

fernandopartridge

So far it’s around 90% death rate in the 65+ age group. Below 45 it’s about 1%. Obviously still a risk but the much bigger risk is for spectators and staff.
I know post Thatcher it has always been about me me me, but the risk to focus on more than any other is that of increasing the spread the virus, that's what big events will do.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Yes it does show the very low risk rate and I’m sure I read somewhere that 90% under 45 had health issues
Yeah but have a look at the break down of the underlying health conditions, there is a huge 'other' category which suggests relatively minor underlying problems that a lot of the population may have

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Frank Sidebottom

Can't possibly happen can it? Gonna need minimum of 2 weeks training probably 3. Would be deep in to August before playoffs are sorted
Next season is pencilled in to start on the weekend of 12th September..... if the season is curtailed we won't have played a competitive game in over 6 months.

jto123

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Looks more likely that the league one season is going to play out. Clubs may argue that they can't play without crowds, but that may well be the case for the next 18 months. We're going to have to win this on the pitch. Strap yourselves in for a bumpy ride...
I’d disagree. League one hasn’t started testing yet and the play offs will need to be completed before the championship on July 30th.

if they start training on the 8th they’ll need at least 3 weeks. Meaning we won’t be starting until July - there’s no chance we complete a season in 30 days

jto123

I’d disagree. League one hasn’t started testing yet and the play offs will need to be completed before the championship on July 30th.

if they start training on the 8th they’ll need at least 3 weeks. Meaning we won’t be starting until July - there’s no chance we complete a season in 30 days

In principle I agree, but I can see the EFL clubs being pressured into restarting. The fact that the government have given the green light and that the championship will start will make it difficult for smaller clubs to argue that they cannot play.

chiefdave

In principle I agree, but I can see the EFL clubs being pressured into restarting. The fact that the government have given the green light and that the championship will start will make it difficult for smaller clubs to argue that they cannot play.
Pressured by who? We know what is being voted on so it’s down to the clubs.

I don’t think the PL clubs or TV companies give a shit what happens in L1 and we all know they’re the ones with the power.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

How can championship clubs make it difficult? It’s of no consequence to championship - the only clubs that may argue is Barnsley, Luton, Charlton and Hull all of which have no real clout.

If the likes of Shrewsbury and Doncaster think they’ll struggle financially then nothing them 4 clubs can say will change their minds. This season is done

Magwitch

Will they need three weeks ? And we don’t have to start on a weekend do we, can be any day of the week, don’t get me wrong I’m not hankering to play on I want the easier option off ppg, but if the championship decide to play on not sure what argument there is for league one. The EFL have been dawdling along imo looking for what the championship is doing, My money is still on for ppg but wouldn’t be surprised we play on too.

chiefdave

but if the championship decide to play on not sure what argument there is for league one.
Money. More Championship games are televised so they have a much bigger issue if they have to pay back a portion of the TV money for games not played. Same for all other income, its far higher than at our level.

Plus due to wages being high the benefit of furloughing players is minimal. Average championship wage is over £45K a month, being able to claim £2.5K off the government isn't going to help much with that.

usskyblue

giphy.gif

CV22SBA

Do they need to be completed before the championship playoff? I know usually the L1 final is the day before but is it set in stone that has to happen?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Do they need to be completed before the championship playoff? I know usually the L1 final is the day before but is it set in stone that has to happen?
They said the other day they want the l1 & 2 play offs before the championship. Sounds like they want it done and dusted before July 31st.
Will they need three weeks ? And we don’t have to start on a weekend do we, can be any day of the week, don’t get me wrong I’m not hankering to play on I want the easier option off ppg, but if the championship decide to play on not sure what argument there is for league one. The EFL have been dawdling along imo looking for what the championship is doing, My money is still on for ppg but wouldn’t be surprised we play on too.
I’m basing on both the Chsmpionship and prem starting training 3/4 weeks before restart. Robins said himself we’d need a month

Mcbean

Dumb question here but it is the EFL who preside over the Championship? And therefore it’s them who will ultimately give the options for League 1 - a spike in infection will stop the lot for sure the ppg

jto123

How can championship clubs make it difficult? It’s of no consequence to championship - the only clubs that may argue is Barnsley, Luton, Charlton and Hull all of which have no real clout.

If the likes of Shrewsbury and Doncaster think they’ll struggle financially then nothing them 4 clubs can say will change their minds. This season is done

I wasn't implying that the championship clubs would apply pressure, but that by due of them playing it puts pressure on clubs arguing that we cannot play. The timeline still looks like it is in our favour, but I wouldn't rule out some flexibility from the EFL just yet.

jto123

Pressured by who? We know what is being voted on so it’s down to the clubs.

I don’t think the PL clubs or TV companies give a shit what happens in L1 and we all know they’re the ones with the power.

They could be pressured by the bigger clubs in League 1. Remember there are a few who will vote with the majority. If they see that the championship are playing, they may well think that we should too.

bradwellskyblues

even if the timeline was possible which i dont think it is , the added regs like 5 subs mean lge 1 clubs would need 20-25 man playing squads allowing for certain number of injuries ,not viable for most clubs

Users who are viewing this thread