EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (5 Viewers)

better days

Does that mean they have the virus now or have had it ?
All tests on football participants are to check whether they have the virus at the moment
The purpose is to stop them spreading it among others at their clubs or opponents once games start
As well as the relatively low number of positives it's interesting that most of the positives have been asymptomatic and the individuals involved say they are shocked and feel absolutely fine
Not enough is known about this virus but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's not particularly dangerous for young and fit people - even men who I believe represent about 70% of those needing admission to hospital

Sbarcher

So far it’s around 90% death rate in the 65+ age group. Below 45 it’s about 1%. Obviously still a risk but the much bigger risk is for spectators and staff.

Sky Blue Pete

All tests on football participants are to check whether they have the virus at the moment
The purpose is to stop them spreading it among others at their clubs or opponents once games start
As well as the relatively low number of positives it's interesting that most of the positives have been asymptomatic and the individuals involved say they are shocked and feel absolutely fine
Not enough is known about this virus but it's becoming more and more apparent that it's not particularly dangerous for young and fit people - even men who I believe represent about 70% of those needing admission to hospital
It’s very nasty for fit and active at any age just not fatal

Grendel

It's the wording you used. You said 90% death rate for over 65s, which would be horrifying. I think what you meant is that 90% of deaths have been over 65s.

Yes it’s a terminology thing

Sbarcher

Yes it’s a terminology thing
Sorry. When we were talking about the virus I thought it would be obvious that I was talking about age groups passing from the virus. My English A level has been wasted.

Sbarcher

Anyway, still an extremely low rate for the under 45s.

Grendel

Anyway, still an extremely low rate for the under 45s.

Yes it does show the very low risk rate and I’m sure I read somewhere that 90% under 45 had health issues

Mcbean

It’s why I can’t see us playing out - Prem were clear yesterday but I still can’t see us playing until the the Championship is given the ok - it will be too late

mrtrench

Haven't looked at the exact figure, but suspect that if you said 90% of the deaths are people aged above 65, rather than 90% of people aged above 65 with cov-id die, you'd have a more accurate statement. Two very different statements!

Yep, I can believe that. But 90% death rate amongst over 65s is complete arse.

steve cooper

apologies if already posted:

Interestingly, I read that of the 17 cases not one was experiencing any symptoms at all. It may be that they all caught it very recently and symptoms have not developed yet, but it may also be part of the evidence needed to justify the claim that 4 out of every 5 cases are asymptomatic.

Terry_dactyl

The Championship has decided to play on so they are testing all clubs
L2 has decided to end on ppg so they're only testing the play off teams
L1 hasn't decided what to do yet so they won't waste money on testing until they know whether it's all or just the play off clubs who need tests
Have the championship decided to play on?! I must have missed that...or already forgotten.

clint van damme

Interestingly, I read that of the 17 cases not one was experiencing any symptoms at all. It may be that they all caught it very recently and symptoms have not developed yet, but it may also be part of the evidence needed to justify the claim that 4 out of every 5 cases are asymptomatic.

They tested all the staff at the Weston hospital in Wesston super mare due to a spike in cases in the are and it was something like 40 percent tested positive all asymptomatic.
I'd have to look up the exact numbers and I may have my figures a little wrong but it was certainly a high amount and would back up that theory.

Users who are viewing this thread