EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (7 Viewers)

chiefdave

Looks like Tranmere have a new idea

Why is she talking about clubs voting for it? Haven't seen anything from the EFL to say they are allowing a proposal from Tranmere to be voted on.

Doesn't this also mean she is now admitting the proposal last week, that she was saying had been put together by expert and was the best possible method, maybe wasn't the best option?

Going to go out on a limb and guess this new proposal doesn't see Tranmere relegated.

clint van damme

Why is she talking about clubs voting for it? Haven't seen anything from the EFL to say they are allowing a proposal from Tranmere to be voted on.

Doesn't this also mean she is now admitting the proposal last week, that she was saying had been put together by expert and was the best possible method, maybe wasn't the best option?

Going to go out on a limb and guess this new proposal doesn't see Tranmere relegated.

I belive all clubs had the opportunity to suggest new proposals and today was the deadline to get them in before the voting Friday.

chiefdave

I belive all clubs had the opportunity to suggest new proposals and today was the deadline to get them in before the voting Friday.
They can suggest them but the EFL regulations say they don't have to allow submitted proposals from member club to proceed to a vote.

clint van damme

They can suggest them but the EFL regulations say they don't have to allow submitted proposals from member club to proceed to a vote.

If they've got the support he claims then maybe they will. Like you said, it will definitely involve Tranmere staying up, and probably securing a play off place.

chiefdave

If they've got the support he claims then maybe they will. Like you said, it will definitely involve Tranmere staying up, and probably securing a play off place.
Think they're just making it up as they go along. The last plan was supposed to be the greatest thing ever put together by experts but now they've binned it for a new plan. Claimed to have the majority of clubs in favour of it but when the FGR owner asked about it she said they'd only submitted it to the EFL today and its not been distributed to other clubs yet!

clint van damme

Think they're just making it up as they go along. The last plan was supposed to be the greatest thing ever put together by experts but now they've binned it for a new plan. Claimed to have the majority of clubs in favour of it but when the FGR owner asked about it she said they'd only submitted it to the EFL today and its not been distributed to other clubs yet!

I thought that although wouldn't it be only our league voting on it?

clint van damme

The vote to change the regulations (ie: what happens if a season can't be completed) is the whole EFL.

If that passes each division can vote on if they want to end the season or play on.

But if a team puts a proposal forward doesn't only their league vote on that once the whole EFL has voted on agreeing the regulation change?

chiefdave

But if a team puts a proposal forward doesn't only their league vote on that once the whole EFL has voted on agreeing the regulation change?
Nope. First vote is for a change to the EFL regulations to add an explicit rule for what happens if a season can't be completed. The proposal is that the preferred option is to complete the games at a later date, if that's not possible PPG with promotion and relegation. If the play offs can't take place the EFL gets to decide what to do. It also includes a rule that each division can vote on if they wish to continue or not and a vote to finish needs a minimum 51%.

So Tranmere, or anyone else for that matter, have to get the EFL board to agree to put their proposal forward for a vote. They then need to get 51% of clubs across the Championship, L1 and L2 to vote for it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The vote(s) is Monday

giphy.gif
H

Grendel

Tranmere must be really starting to fuck the efl off now. Walking around like they own the place

Probably because their owner at one point did

shepardo01

Does their proposal benefit anyone else who would otherwise lose out using the unweighted PPG method (eg. Peterborough)?
I'm sure they would need support....so I'm guessing at extended play-offs including the likes of Sunderland and Peterborough... and who knows how far down....... despite the apparent EFL desire for a straight 4 team play-off.....

Magwitch

I'm sure they would need support....so I'm guessing at extended play-offs including the likes of Sunderland and Peterborough... and who knows how far down....... despite the apparent EFL desire for a straight 4 team play-off.....
There won’t be time for that, it’s going to be either play on or ppg end of.

shepardo01

There won’t be time for that, it’s going to be either play on or ppg end of.
Think their original proposal was end season and have extended play offs.
Not time to fit I 9/10 games for each club PLUS play offs before 31st July.

Season will end when vote takes place (providing rule change vote goes through on Monday)
Rumour has it that both votes (rule change and LG decides) will be taking place on Monday.
Can you really see a FULL resumption taking place..... I can't.

wingy

Season will end when vote takes place (providing rule change vote goes through on Monday)
Rumour has it that both votes (rule change and LG decides) will be taking place on Monday.
I can't see our owners allowing to be bounced into playing after 2, weeks of group training.

Magwitch

I can actually and it wouldn’t bother me at all, obviously would prefer the easier ppg but if we play on so be it.

better days

Wycombe have today told their non playing staff that they can only pay 80% of their wages up to £2500 monthly
And they recommend they look for another job once the furlough scheme ends

ccfchoi87

Wycombe have today told their non playing staff that they can only pay 80% of their wages up to £2500 monthly

That’s a shame. I guess that means the players may be available on the cheap. I don’t think there is a player in their side I would be interested in signing for the Championship.

The Great Eastern

That’s a shame. I guess that means the players may be available on the cheap. I don’t think there is a player in their side I would be interested in signing for the Championship.
Get Akinfenwa in. Keep feeding him then stick him in goal as the reserve keeper. Going to take a very accurate, swinging shot to get round that huge body.

bawtryneal

The Tranmere proposal has zero chance of success.
I was told yesterday that the EFL will almost certainly retain the integrity of the league with traditional promotion, relegation, 4 team play offs and standard PPG.
Before anybody asks my source it is very senior people in RUFC and DRFC who have been party to all the League 1 discussions to date.
All the delays are due to teams being given every opportunity to put forward alternatives to avoid future legals.

tisza

First of many I fear.
EFL clubs need to be using this time as a collective to plan for a sustainable future for all members - not waste time appeasing a handful of selfish clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread