EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (7 Viewers)

RegTheDonk

Those teams got to play a whole season, these haven’t. And I haven’t said anywhere about a mini-tournament.
Unfortunately, we're most likely not going to have the luxuary of playing a whole season to see who ends up where, so a decision has to be made on how it finishes without a ball being kicked.

I'm not saying you have mentioned a mini-tournament kg and apologies if you thought that ... but some of the chairmen of these clubs, we know who they are, have. It's ironic they go on about integrity of the competiton, but would support an "innovative solution" to get themselves included in any play offs. If the PPG weighted/unweighted formula allowed Posh to get into the play offs, I wonder if their Chairman would suddenly have a flash of integrity.

Limey

Acc to EFL zone twitter, there is uncertainty about tomorrows meeting as clubs have not received an email confirming date...
Riiiiiiight.

jordan210

Acc to EFL zone twitter, there is uncertainty about tomorrows meeting as clubs have not received an email confirming date...
Riiiiiiight.

Maybe they will get it in the morning. As they buggered up Friday I doubt the EFL will send it over the weekend.

Seams like more time wasting

Sick Boy

Godden will start the season I feel alongside another striker wouldn’t be surprised tho if a league 1 team came in for him
It depends if we want to survive, if we do we would need 2/3 strikers that are an upgrade on our current ones considering what we have now.

TewkesburySkyBlue

This needs sorting gone a bit quiet lately with this coronavirus issue and matches being suspended but it is a possible Achilles heel all the time, won’t make too much difference for a while as I suspect behind closed doors will be with us for a bit, be nice to get it sorted so when crowds return it can be in Cov.
I was just wondering where the Vile are in all this? I seem to recall they were really struggling when the season was halted. 2nd from bottom with a game in hand, which, if they won, would take them above the relegation zone. I know it's nowt to do with us really, but the thought of playing them again in the league excites me, especially as my fat fuck son-in-law is a Vile fan! And he's had the nerve to bring up my grandson the same way! Wanker! Would love to send him a sweaty pair of unwashed city socks, but I haven't spoken to him for about 3 years, and wouldn't waste my energy.
Nothing like a bit of family harmony

stay_up_skyblues

It depends if we want to survive, if we do we would need 2/3 strikers that are an upgrade on our current ones considering what we have now.

Not sure I agree. Yes he’s untested at that level but fully fit (as much as possible with his long term injury) with a run of games he looked a class above. Of course he may have gone on another baron spell had the season not come to a halt but I wouldn’t write him off just yet.

TewkesburySkyBlue

SkyBlueCRJ

Riiiiiiight.

Hardly a surprise. With all the bickering still going on there’s no guarantees that anything will be achieved from a meeting tomorrow. There’s also still so many ideas floating about. E.g. standard play-offs, 3rd-8th or even as far as 3rd-10th play-offs, relegation play-offs between Wimbledon and Tranmere. I’m not overly confident that this will be sorted this week as there’s still a great deal to discuss.

cc84cov

EFL are probably flapping about the outcome and legals putting the meeting/vote off won’t solve it it’s still gonna need to be done...

About time the EFL grew some balls & told these dumb chairman about themselves

cc84cov

Riiiiiiight.
Don’t need email surely they were told about Mondays meeting on Friday right ?

Sick Boy

Not sure I agree. Yes he’s untested at that level but fully fit (as much as possible with his long term injury) with a run of games he looked a class above. Of course he may have gone on another baron spell had the season not come to a halt but I wouldn’t write him off just yet.
I’m not writing him and he would of course have a part to play but in reality in most Championships squads he’d be a squad player.

Tommo1993

Really have to stop reading articles in The Waspograph. Three writers writing them yet clearly can’t be bothered to proof read, and probably not an English GCSE between them. Embarrassing.

SkyBlueCRJ

EFL are probably flapping about the outcome and legals putting the meeting/vote off won’t solve it it’s still gonna need to be done...

About time the EFL grew some balls & told these dumb chairman about themselves

The issue really lies solely with DM - even more so now PPG could be enforced if a resolution cannot be found.

I do feel that the next meeting may be as disappointing as the last though. Given the amount of ideas that have been floating around over the weekend it's pretty clear they're trying to please everyone and it's just not going to work.

cc84cov

The issue really lies solely with DM - even more so now PPG could be enforced if a resolution cannot be found.

I do feel that the next meeting may be as disappointing as the last though. Given the amount of ideas that have been floating around over the weekend it's pretty clear they're trying to please everyone and it's just not going to work.
PPG same as league 2 format is the only way this ends weather they like it or not the EFL need to be firm it’s their gigg

SkyBlueCRJ

PPG same as league 2 format is the only way this ends weather they like it or not the EFL need to be firm it’s their gigg

Like I said, they're trying to please everyone. I can't see it being as simple as - we've given you an ultimatum so decide.

There's too many ideas flying about so realistically a resolution doesn't seem any closer to being found than it was at the start of the first meeting.

SkyBlueDom26

How are small shit clubs clubs like Sunderland and Peterborough bossing the EFL about, do they not have any bottle?

chiefdave

Why don't they just put it to a vote? If they go down the same road of L2 then of those objecting Oxford, Portsmouth and Fleetwood are in the play offs, doubt they'd vote against that. So its just Peterborough and Sunderland left to vote against. No reason for anyone else to join them.

SkyBlueCRJ

Why don't they just put it to a vote? If they go down the same road of L2 then of those objecting Oxford, Portsmouth and Fleetwood are in the play offs, doubt they'd vote against that. So its just Peterborough and Sunderland left to vote against. No reason for anyone else to join them.

They're obviously going to put something to a vote. But the question is what - as at the minute there seems to be 3-4 different options on the table.

IMO dreaming up all these different outcomes to try and appease pretty much all clubs in the league is completely counter productive and will only fuel further division between those with differing agendas.

Liquid Gold

Can’t they just get clubs to propose options. Nothing with at least 25% support makes it to the table. Then clubs vote on a 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc preference until something goes over 50%

SkyBlueCRJ

Can’t they just get clubs to propose options. Nothing with at least 25% support makes it to the table. Then clubs vote on a 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc preference until something goes over 50%

Not sure that would work would it? There's already a fair few weird and wonderful ideas clubs have put forward to the EFL for consideration and frankly some are just plain ridiculous.

Clubs cannot be trusted with putting forward viable options as the majority are working within their own self-interests and as the 6 promotion chasing clubs have done, will inevitably become entrenched in their own camps.

By giving clubs the floor it will only serve to promote further division and more bickering. The EFL need to do their job and act on behalf of the member clubs. Not pass the buck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread