EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (18 Viewers)

roth_dave2003

Paxman II

Couldn’t respond under your message. You were saying we weren’t good enough for automatic.

I don’t think that’s too bad. Oxford won 9 games in a row and still couldn’t catch us. We met have a defeat or two (we lost most of our games early on. We can score goals and won 3-1 at Oxford when they were on another good run.
The two best teams are at the top no doubt about that.

21 Dec 2019 Rotherham 2 Fleetwood 2
26 Dec 2019 Shrewsbury 1 Rotherham 2
29 Dec 2019 Rotherham United 4 Posh 0
01 Jan 2020 Rotherham 2 Blackpool 1
11 Jan 2020 Oxford United 1 Rotherham 3
18 Jan 2020 Rotherham United 3 Bristol R 0
25 Jan 2020 Peterborough 2 Rotherham 1
28 Jan 2020 Rotherham United 1. Ipswich 0
01 Feb 2020 Rotherham 3 Burton Albion 2.
07 Feb 2020 Lincoln City 0 Rotherham 1
15 Feb 2020 Rotherham 2 AFC Wimbledon 2
22 Feb 2020 Accrington 1 Rotherham 2
25 Feb 2020 Coventry City 1 Rotherham 1
29 Feb 2020 Rotherham 1 MK Dons 1
07 Mar 2020 Rochdale 3 Rotherham 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Got my bottle of Lamb’s out, in case there was cause for celebration. It’s not gonna drink itself though, I’ll just have to buy another bottle when the time is right.

cc84cov

Does anyone reckon a decision will be made on Monday then?
Late next week I think Wednesday onwards it’s gonna be PPG and we are up as champions people can moan and piss all they want but it’s been clear since day 1 how they will do it if it’s the only way and no games can be played there’s been no other choice

Voice_of_Reason

Under PPG I think the 4 teams guaranteed a play off place will now vote to end the season, leaving only Posh, Ipswich, possibly Tranmere, and Sunderland voting to play on.

Gibbo

So next season then if by miracle we're pushing autos you'll want us to blow up? Sorry I just cant understand this mentality. Yes the prem is overated but every fan of every club surely wants to see them play at the highest level? Also I guess your thinking of us in the prem being owned by these wankers. Who knows what would happen in the top flight with a new owner. Sisu certainly would be out of their depth as they would be in the championship.
No I don't want to see them play at the top level. It was 30 years plus of grimness last time. I quite enjoy winning most weeks as we do now. The last three seasons have been the best since 1967. Who enjoys going for 3-5 weeks without a win, being thumped at Anfield or Stamford Bridge, hanging on by a point to stay up. I've got that particular T Shirt (literally). It is no fun. The only exception to this would be if a sugar daddy came along with shitloads of cash, like Wolves or Leicester, otherwise I'll happily pass thank you

Sky Blue Harry H

No I don't want to see them play at the top level. It was 30 years plus of grimness last time. I quite enjoy winning most weeks as we do now. The last three seasons have been the best since 1967. Who enjoys going for 3-5 weeks without a win, being thumped at Anfield or Stamford Bridge, hanging on by a point to stay up. I've got that particular T Shirt (literally). It is no fun. The only exception to this would be if a sugar daddy came along with shitloads of cash, like Wolves or Leicester, otherwise I'll happily pass thank you

Agree - the only (but a big) plus would be that it would probably secure the club's future for years to come

TTG

My mate setting up next week you wank arses, most fans don't go on here especially you Otis you nonce
God it’s Mann’s Brown Ale now
It's pretty easy once you beat him, clearly won the argument and just ghosted me - I guess that's the closest I'll get to "fine you were right"

Ring Of Steel

I’m with you- there is no fun or excitement watching Premier League games and the culture that surrounds it is nauseating.

Having said that I'm not sure anyone, if offered right now, would turn it down- for me it’s more a case of if we don’t get back to the Prem in its current form then... fine

Evo1883

1 season in the premier league would sort the club out financially and make us debt free, even if we didn't buy and got spanked week in week out, from that point on our future is alot brighter

Nick

Administrator
I feel sorry for this site I mean 100 pages on will Chaplin sign, don't get me started on coronavirus page it's plainly full of guys that are thick, now I've told you ccfc will be champions and they will be but all I get is nasty abuse which in the street would get you a bullet oh you lot are so hard now fuck off and nick up yours I'd love pisd on you gay twat

I remember my first beer, I didn't go as far as golden showers though.

fernandopartridge

I find it interesting that the EFL has changed its stance from a weighted PPG solution to unweighted. Especially after Posh’s Chairman threatened legal action. After all, unweighted PPG takes Posh out of the playoffs, whereas weighted keeps them in.

Seems a Machiavellian move from the EFL, as it outmanoeuvres Posh by essentially splitting them from the other clubs who are in playoff contention. Or, if the EFL is being clever, forces P’boro to throw their weight behind weighted PPG so they don’t miss out.

Ironically, by insisting we play on because Posh can catch Rotherham for an automatic (playing lower teams at home etc) may have alienated the EFL.

That’s what the cynic in me thinks, maybe it’s a coincidence.
Yes, I thought that there had been so war gaming going on, DMAC was silly enough to show his hand mind

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Haha fuck Barton the poisonous little twat. I'd be over the moon to be handed the title. Let's be honest we fucking deserve it. We're plainly the best team, and we've had to endure no end of shite in the last 2 decades.
I've got my '87 scarf and my Championes chants at the ready haha.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I've just ordered some Sky Blue Army lager

fernandopartridge

He’s gambled big on his strikers and ballsed up yet again. It’s like Groundhog Day for them. Maybe next season if he’s still in charge he’ll learn to build from the back instead of blowing his beans on strikers they can’t really afford every time. They get what they deserve in my opinion.
The thing is not only will they miss out but they're even more vulnerable in their transfer bargaining position

Brylowes

1 season in the premier league would sort the club out financially and make us debt free, even if we didn't buy and got spanked week in week out, from that point on our future is alot brighter
I’m not sure it’s that easy, Norwich have had 6 seasons in the premier league since
2004 (I think ) and are hardly what you call big spenders, they also sell-out for every
Home game ‘but they’ve been in financial difficulty more than once in that time, in
Fact their unexpected promotion last season pulled them right out of the mire.

Last edited:

kg82

It does take the shine off it that’s true. Also gives Sunderland another stick to beat us with for the next 40 odd yrs. I can’t fucking wait!!!
Gives us that trophy now, 3 defeats all season whilst playing every game away from home?
That is Championship winning form & all the other league 1 clubs know it, if they were honest with themselves.
Those are things that’ll be forgotten won’t they, I can just see it. We’ll just hear we were given the title early, nobody will mention we only lost 3 games, took something ridiculous like 41 points from 45 and played all season without our own ground. It’s annoying, but I can live with it!

Philosorapter

Don't worry, Champions League's probably going to be a few seasons away. :D

kg82

It’s completely illogical! If we’d been winning most weeks since dropping out the PL, we’d have been back there ages ago! The last 3 seasons have been pretty good, especially this one. But it took us dropping down to the bottom tier to do it! Hardly “winning most weeks”. And I’d rather be thumped by Liverpool or Chelsea than Yeovil or Tranmere.

Philosorapter

It’s completely illogical! If we’d been winning most weeks since dropping out the PL, we’d have been back there ages ago! The last 3 seasons have been pretty good, especially this one. But it took us dropping down to the bottom tier to do it! Hardly “winning most weeks”. And I’d rather be thumped by Liverpool or Chelsea than Yeovil or Tranmere.

That's the thing, there is definitely a roadmap being used to jump divisions here.

I'm not one to count my chickens before their hatched but climbing the Championship should be no different from previous seasons. Just the quality of opposition gradually improving.

Rinse and repeat.

kg82

That's the thing, there is definitely a roadmap being used to jump divisions here.

I'm not one to count my chickens before their hatched but climbing the Championship should be no different from previous seasons. Just the quality of opposition gradually improving.

Rinse and repeat.
You’re definitely right. Robins has mapped it out pretty well. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes in the Championship (assuming we’re promoted). I’m not expecting us to pull up any trees, but for someone to say they don’t want to get back to the PL because apparently it’s been better being stuck in the Champ/L1/L2 is pretty much garbage talk!

Philosorapter

You’re definitely right. Robins has mapped it out pretty well. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes in the Championship (assuming we’re promoted). I’m not expecting us to pull up any trees, but for someone to say they don’t want to get back to the PL because apparently it’s been better being stuck in the Champ/L1/L2 is pretty much garbage talk!

I wouldn't say garbage talk but gradual improvements over time really do add up. To use a phrase which I always shudder at, innovation is the key, especially after what been seen in the press over the last few weeks.

Terry_dactyl

Rinse and repeat.
Great. Premier League champions 2022!

Terry_dactyl

Had the same sort of thing said after I mentioned the Championship on here two years ago.

I'm guessing stepping stones first.
I was being flippant of course, we have obviously had a great few years but the Championship is a big step up...and we haven’t been promoted yet!

Kieranp96

I was being flippant of course, we have obviously had a great few years but the Championship is a big step up...and we haven’t been promoted yet!
Just like league 1 was a big step up from league 2, we invested enough made sure we had a good foothold in the league and pushed this season we can do the same in the championship, albeit alot more money required.

Philosorapter

I understand the flippancy.

If we are to get promoted let's hope the ground situation can gradually be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread