EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (6 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Also I think League Two should be easy as they can promote 4, take 3 from league one, promote Barrow and not relegate anybody.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tomorrow is the day! Nervous as fuck ahh

Tomorrow never comes.

giphy.gif

Tommo1993

Wonder which one he’d choose out of PPG or null and void, if they were the only two options.

In other words is he really more bothered about integrity or losing out on possible promotion.

Ian1779

Probably but it would most likely be a similar outcome wouldn't it? Maybe even cleaner as there is such an obvious top 3.

I think the best outcome all round would be a PPG end to the season and then the teams finishing in the playoffs still play them for the final promotion spot. Would mean it only needed 10 games over the two leagues, 6 if you go for neutral venue single leg. Placates a lot more teams and we still end up with a bit of actual football that doesn't cost the world and is minimal danger.

You could always promote top 2 and then have a 8 team knockout tournament for the last promotion place (3rd to 10th) which could address the Wycombe issue

Tommo1993

Could be the cockiness but we’ve lost 3 all season. We looked comfortable in most games.

Yet I feel that all this now is our biggest threat.

Frostie

I would love us to play on & am confident we would cement our rightful place however I just can't see how it's feasible.
Additional costs of £20-30,000 per week just for testing on top of all costs of putting games on with next to zero income - clubs simply can't afford it.

jordan210

I would love us to play on & am confident we would cement our rightful place however I just can't see how it's feasible.
Additional costs of £20-30,000 per week just for testing on top of all costs of putting games on with next to zero income - clubs simply can't afford it.

Plus paying players who's contract have expired for the time it takes

Legia Sky Blue

Do the EFL rules not ban canvassing? It looks to me like DMAC and others are trying to influence a democratic vote

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

No idea about the EFL rules but I hope that behind the scenes we are trying to influence other teams, as much as Peterborough are doing publically.

Legia Sky Blue

I think most popular option will win, no other way of fixing it. Bottom three would probably go for null and void in an attempt to stay up.

If I had to guess I think it would go

Coventry - PPG
Rotherham - PPG
Oxford Utd - Play on
Portsmouth - Play on
Fleetwood - Play on
Peterborough - Play on
Sunderland - Play on
Wycombe - PPG
Doncaster - Play on
Ipswich - Play on
Gillingham - PPG
Burton - PPG
Blackpool - PPG
Bristol Rovers - PPG
Lincoln - PPG
Shrewsbury - PPG
Accrington - PPG
MK Dons - PPG
Rochdale - PPG
AFC Wimbledon - PPG
Tranmere - N&V
Southend - N&V
Bolton N&V

Play on - 7
PPG - 13
N&V - 3

Campiones, campiones, ole ole ole

Not sure why Gillingham downwards would prefer PPG over N&V, but hopefully you're right. If there's any chance it looks like the N&V's might win though, we might be better off going with the Play On group.

Ian1779

Not sure why Gillingham downwards would prefer PPG over N&V, but hopefully you're right. If there's any chance it looks like the N&V's might win though, we might be better off going with the Play On group.
The FA have said null and void is a non starter essentially, so I hope that will focus minds.

jim20

How about the damage to the game it could cause if after several weeks out you start again and there’s some freakish results because of the massive break. For example we’ve lost 3 all season, say we loose 6 and don’t even qualify for play offs, or Rotherham loose all 10 and finish mid table when in all likeliness with the form and momentum we would’ve been top 2.

Also the lack of fans at games, that’s usually dished out as a punishment, and everyone knows it had an impact on games.

This could be just as damaging to the integrity of the game as voiding it altogether

Liquid Gold

Because Null & Void brings in more legal action that PPG. Can have fans claiming on tickets, home and away, broadcasters trying to reclaim for meaningless fixtures etc.

clint van damme

How about the damage to the game it could cause if after several weeks out you start again and there’s some freakish results because of the massive break. For example we’ve lost 3 all season, say we loose 6 and don’t even qualify for play offs, or Rotherham loose all 10 and finish mid table when in all likeliness with the form and momentum we would’ve been top 2.

Also the lack of fans at games, that’s usually dished out as a punishment, and everyone knows it had an impact on games.

This could be just as damaging to the integrity of the game as voiding it altogether

It would mean every club completing the season under the same circumstances.
Freakish results or not it would be the fairest way. The season can't be completed as it should have been so no matter how it's settled it will be something of an anomaly.

jordan210

It's all very well wanting to keep playing but what happens if there is a 2nd peak ? Do we just keep pushing it back and back.

Tommo1993

It's all very well wanting to keep playing but what happens if there is a 2nd peak ? Do we just keep pushing it back and back.

Also it only takes a single player from the league to test positive. Again, it all falls back down.

Limey

Are the EFL required to put this to vote? How can an objective vote be given any credibility in this situation?

Liquid Gold

It’s just clubs looking after self interest but it’s all the moralising that comes with everything else in our society that annoys folk.

If sporting integrity is their issue then every game needs to be played in the same condition as all the others so fans should be allowed back to give teams home advantage.

mark82

I think Peterborough are desperate for the league not to be decided on PPG. A solution is to offer a playoff for teams 3 to 6.

Part of Peterborough's issue is that they miss out on top 6 depending on the calculation.

One interesting thing they could do is a 3 - 8 playoff like the national League have. Could play as a mini tournament at a neutral venue.

Lord_Nampil

Part of Peterborough's issue is that they miss out on top 6 depending on the calculation.

One interesting thing they could do is a 3 - 8 playoff like the national League have. Could play as a mini tournament at a neutral venue.
trhink thats what will be agreed for both league 1 and 2! but be 1 off game not 2 legs!

junglej13

Must be honest if we were in the play off mix and PPG with the top three going up was mooted... I'd be fuming. Some sort of mini comp between 3rd and 8th would appease a lot of people.

Voice_of_Reason

Those six clubs fail to realise that if they persist they could well bankrupt at least 15 clubs. Fortunately, I think the EFL know this and will put the majority of other clubs first and foremost otherwise Leagues 1 and 2 could well cease to exist in the present form.

TTG

Oh dear you sick pedo
Since you have inside info, what time will.the statement be posted of the out come.if the league tommorrow. If it is not that time then you have to admit that you were lying, also you cannot say oh they moved it, because they didnt. SImple. Stop being a twat. I

Oh and thanks in.advance for calling me a nonce/pedo/suckyourmum/stupid/idot/moron/insult

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

How does the voting go for this, is it majority or 75% and what’s the initial question? For example if 34 of the 47 teams say cancel that’s less than 75% - do we continue playing or what?

Users who are viewing this thread