EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

There’s nothing to suggest that we will know the outcome of all of this by tomorrow. It’s more likely to be much later this month.

SkyBlueDom26

Looks like the season might carry on then from June, government have given EFL the go ahead to carry on playing...... think most clubs will vote for that tomorrow

jordan210

Looks like the season might carry on then from June, government have given EFL the go ahead to carry on playing...... think most clubs will vote for that tomorrow

I would guess it depends if that is an option. I thought the plan always was for Prem and Championship to return but not lower

chiefdave

The rumour that's spreading on social media seems to be first matches June 6th. Although that could just be recycling what was said a while back. Remember someone claiming they'd seen Max out running and he'd said 25th May back in training. There was then some media stories saying a June 6th start which tied up with comments from some managers about needing a 2 week pre-season.

Who knows, seems unlikely to me so probably just the same rumour coming back to life.

smileycov

Facebook User
It will be prem and championship, lower leagues can not possibly afford to complete season. From what I have read it has been agreed already, just waiting on prem decision before promotions are confirmed.

Liquid Gold

I think Wycombe are the more interesting omission. Obviously think they might be able to swing it to so they go up.

If majority vote rules though those 6 are getting nothing. Us and Rotherham will be ppg, most of the bottom half too.

Colin Steins Smile

I think Wycombe are the more interesting omission. Obviously think they might be able to swing it to so they go up.

If majority vote rules though those 6 are getting nothing. Us and Rotherham will be ppg, most of the bottom half too.
Does anyone know the rules on any vote for cancelling the season? I guess that along with the 6 pretenders listed ... there will be 3 teams at the bottom looking for a method to avoid relegation. So there could be 9 teams not seeking a resolution

Liquid Gold

Does anyone know the rules on any vote for cancelling the season? I guess that along with the 6 pretenders listed ... there will be 3 teams at the bottom looking for a method to avoid relegation. So there could be 9 teams not seeking a resolution
I think most popular option will win, no other way of fixing it. Bottom three would probably go for null and void in an attempt to stay up.

If I had to guess I think it would go

Coventry - PPG
Rotherham - PPG
Oxford Utd - Play on
Portsmouth - Play on
Fleetwood - Play on
Peterborough - Play on
Sunderland - Play on
Wycombe - PPG
Doncaster - Play on
Ipswich - Play on
Gillingham - PPG
Burton - PPG
Blackpool - PPG
Bristol Rovers - PPG
Lincoln - PPG
Shrewsbury - PPG
Accrington - PPG
MK Dons - PPG
Rochdale - PPG
AFC Wimbledon - PPG
Tranmere - N&V
Southend - N&V
Bolton N&V

Play on - 7
PPG - 13
N&V - 3

Campiones, campiones, ole ole ole

Mucca Mad Boys

PPG seems to be the most likely outcome, and it’s probably the most fair solution out there. We’re not going to finish 10 games and then the playoffs.

The issue of the third promotion spot is interesting. Personally, my favoured solution would be a shortened playoff tournament, behind closed doors.

I totally understand Peterborough’s position, but it’s looking more untenable by the day.

Sick Boy

I think most popular option will win, no other way of fixing it. Bottom three would probably go for null and void in an attempt to stay up.

If I had to guess I think it would go

Coventry - PPG
Rotherham - PPG
Oxford Utd - Play on
Portsmouth - Play on
Fleetwood - Play on
Peterborough - Play on
Sunderland - Play on
Wycombe - PPG
Doncaster - Play on
Ipswich - Play on
Gillingham - PPG
Burton - PPG
Blackpool - PPG
Bristol Rovers - PPG
Lincoln - PPG
Shrewsbury - PPG
Accrington - PPG
MK Dons - PPG
Rochdale - PPG
AFC Wimbledon - PPG
Tranmere - N&V
Southend - N&V
Bolton N&V

Play on - 7
PPG - 13
N&V - 3

Campiones, campiones, ole ole ole
Don’t you need to factor League 2 into it as well?

Colin Steins Smile

PPG seems to be the most likely outcome, and it’s probably the most fair solution out there. We’re not going to finish 10 games and then
The issue of the third promotion spot is interesting. Personally, my favoured solution would be a shortened playoff tournament, behind closed doors.

I totally understand Peterborough’s position, but it’s looking more untenable by the day.
I think Peterborough are desperate for the league not to be decided on PPG. A solution is to offer a playoff for teams 3 to 6.

Liquid Gold

Don’t you need to factor League 2 into it as well?
Probably but it would most likely be a similar outcome wouldn't it? Maybe even cleaner as there is such an obvious top 3.

I think the best outcome all round would be a PPG end to the season and then the teams finishing in the playoffs still play them for the final promotion spot. Would mean it only needed 10 games over the two leagues, 6 if you go for neutral venue single leg. Placates a lot more teams and we still end up with a bit of actual football that doesn't cost the world and is minimal danger.

larry_david

Is there a danger here the players have started thinking it's done and we're promoted like our fans on here have... We have everything to lose now

BackRoomRummermill

Let them have a pen shoot out for playoffs It is what has always been used in football stalemate for decades . This cock from PUFC will at least get his chance the mockney cockney

Users who are viewing this thread