EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (3 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Even if they decide to only include the 22 games where every team played each other once we get 35 points next is Wycombe 35 or have i got it wrong? Also we played Ipswich twice before we even played Shrewsbury who was the 22nd team of the league we played ? So if we count the first 22 we have 37 !!

We'd played Ipswich in the FA cup twice and the league. They were the last league game we played before lockdown.

covcity4life

Would love to see wycpmbe promoted alongsode us 2 weeks ina row

They were my non lesgue team to follow. Hoped cov never fall to tjat level! But be nice to see them get to championship and make it a little easier for us next season too

Magwitch

I also think there’s a chance only the top two in the championship and league one get promoted, top three in league two. A lot will depend on what happens in the Premiership.

ccfc92

Is there any officially announced likely scenario?

All I keep seeing is speculation from newspapers and twats on "banter" pages.

TIA :)

Brylowes

Rumour that one of the options is deciding the league on the basis of one game played against each other team, meaning we'd miss out.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Even if they decide to only include the 22 games where every team played each other once we get 35 points next is Wycombe 35 or have i got it wrong? Also we played Ipswich twice before we even played Shrewsbury who was the 22nd team of the league we played ? So if we count the first 22 we have 37 !!
If the EFL are forced to decide the outcome of the season ‘due to the full commitment
of fixtures being impossible to fulfil, how ridiculous would it then be for them to use a
method that involved completely ignoring fixtures that were fulfilled.

skyblue1991

Would love to see wycpmbe promoted alongsode us 2 weeks ina row

They were my non lesgue team to follow. Hoped cov never fall to tjat level! But be nice to see them get to championship and make it a little easier for us next season too
Also means at least 6 points for us next season!

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

Rumour that one of the options is deciding the league on the basis of one game played against each other team, meaning we'd miss out.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
nah

far better to go on how the team performs against all comers. That’s how the real season pans out. If a team loses against lower half clubs why would they be deemed better than the team that is consistent throughout the season regardless of opposition. There no point in beating a team near you if you then lose the next two against low teams.

Colin Steins Smile

About time Championship woke up about a wage cap
The finances in the Championship has been bonkers. Villa got promoted with a budget of £97M......hardly within the limits of FFP.
It'll be interesting to assess the impact on our club, as if we are promoted we will [probably] have the lowest cost base in the Championship. If there is a cap placed on clubs, then some teams will be desperate to offload some of their players over the next few seasons. That could suppress transfer fees.
It'll be interesting if the EFL has the guts to try and put that league on a more sensible footing, rather than the current situation of clubs "gambling" on getting promoted.....if it works, good news they get £92M, but failure puts the whole future of the club at risk.

Mcbean

Thanks to Mark Robins And Boddy and dare I say it our owners We are in good shape - they have had to use the transfer market but that didn’t make us any weaker PUSB

baldy

I obviously hope Snow 'fake' is right & we do get promoted but part of me hopes he's wrong too to just prove that there's something a bit odd about him

Liquid Gold

Snowflake is guessing and now he's trying to blame the EFL being slow when these EFL meetings have been pencilled in for weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread