EFL Stadium Vote (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Perhaps Garry and Joe can? Joe has plenty of spark plugs in his garage he could sell

Probably not but it shows how irrelevant you using Brighton as a model of what can be achieved after leaving a home town is. We’re not going to replicate Brighton so long as SISU are here. £80M on a new stadium, £223M loaned interest free and a share capital of £93M. Sisu won’t even do interest free let alone the sums involved. Cloud cuckoo land comparison.

Grendel

Don’t I? Just so I know how many games have I been to this season?

Well you seem to never comment on match threads. You tend to go when you see some heroes pretending they are homeless don’t you?

I assume to be fair you will be there tomorrow

Grendel

na, cant be. Didn't argue with anyone and thinks we will win tomorrow :)

It can’t be as he nick on CWR like you talks totally out of his arse

shmmeee

Doesn’t it all go back to the same question, where will we play? I think if we were made non league and then get to play at the Ricoh it would be the most unjust decision in the friggin world!

Surely there’d be some time between being told we can’t groundshare and being told were out of the league? I’d bloody hope so.

Still don’t want to bet the club on Sisus good intentions though.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Well you seem to never comment on match threads. You tend to go when you see some heroes pretending they are homeless don’t you?

I assume to be fair you will be there tomorrow

I don’t comment on match threads because it’s a measuring stick of when the likes of you and Nick won’t admit you’re wrong and trot out the you never comment on match threads line. As you’ve just proved.

Grendel

I don’t comment on match threads because it’s a measuring stick of when the likes of you and Nick won’t admit you’re wrong and trot out the you never comment on match threads line. As you’ve just proved.

So you are there tomorrow then?

Captain Dart

so if EFL are prepared to consider 50 miles as a limit how does that square with it couldn't possibly be more than 6 ?
I interpret 6 miles as applying to distance to new stadium. Groundshare isn't feasible under 40 miles really.

Grendel

I interpret 6 miles as applying to distance to new stadium. Groundshare isn't feasible under 40 miles really.

If it’s 6 inches from your house you wouldn’t ever go anyway so like Tony why do you care?

skybluetony176

Ah case closed I think everyone

IKEA shelf to put up?

That’s 1 game. You asked and I gave you an honest answer. You still haven’t told me how many games I’ve attended this season. I’ll give you another honest answer shall I. I’ve done exactly what I said I would do at the start of the season. Can’t make Tuesday night games anymore, will probably only do a couple of games before Xmas, a couple ended up being 3, I will buy a six ticket match package for post Xmas games which I’ve done. So this season I’ll end up doing at least 9 but probably more especially if we make the playoffs. This is a considerable drop from last season and all seasons since we’ve returned back from Sixfields but again as I said at the start of the season some elements of what I do in my spare time has changed so that was always going to be the case and will be going forward whether we stay at the Ricoh or not. Family commitments come first and if you expect me to apologise for that then you’re twice the prick I already know you are. Besides I don’t need your approval on what I do in my spare time or what I spend my hard earned money on.

Otis

That’s 1 game. You asked and I gave you an honest answer. You still haven’t told me how many games I’ve attended this season. I’ll give you another honest answer shall I. I’ve done exactly what I said I would do at the start of the season. Can’t make Tuesday night games anymore, will probably only do a couple of games before Xmas, a couple ended up being 3, I will buy a six ticket match package for post Xmas games which I’ve done. So this season I’ll end up doing at least 9 but probably more especially if we make the playoffs. This is a considerable drop from last season and all seasons since we’ve returned back from Sixfields but again as I said at the start of the season some elements of what I do in my spare time has changed so that was always going to be the case and will be going forward whether we stay at the Ricoh or not. Family commitments come first and if you expect me to apologise for that then you’re twice the prick I already know you are. Besides I don’t need your approval on what I do in my spare time or what I spend my hard earned money on.
Seems like you do, Tone, because you've just felt you've had to justify it to him. ;)

I hope you have a note from your mother.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I will not be voting as i can only see once the club leaves the city it not return.I for 1 will not go even if it were Nuneaton(I live in Bedworth ) which it won't be. Once they move away and gates start to fall they will tell the EFL,Wasps have moved on and found new tenants which they will. There is no way we can find anywhere to build a Stadium can we please move the club to somewhere like Dublin for instants, the EFL wanting to keep them happy would agree saying what a great way to move the game forward.I am pretty certain when they go this time there will be no return.

Grendel

I don’t care what games you go to. Just don’t pretend you have as much vested interest in it as the people you attempt to put down with your attempts at oneupmanship

The bottom line is if there were more fans like me and less like you we wouldn’t be in this mess

Grendel

Seems like you do, Tone, because you've just felt you've had to justify it to him. ;)

I hope you have a note from your mother.

Yawn. I’ll go if it’s 50 miles away what’s your excuse?

Captain Dart

Gonna go out on a limb here. I actually believe Joy wants the best for the club, she just sees it very very differently.

I wouldn’t want to bet the club on it, but I’d wager if push came to shove she’d find some way to keep us in Cov if the alternative was losing our league status.
I sort of agree if only because there is no option that ends with the club out of Coventry for a long time or heaven forfend relocated. She definitely wants the club to retain league status but I think she is prepared to accept league 2 in the interim. She definitely wants an exit strategy that says she turned CCFC roubd and made a profit. I really can't agree with the tactics of distressing other companies but ultimately if Wasps die I won't shed a tear they are an aggressor as are SISU. I think it would be nice if some synergistic path that promoted sport in Coventry could be found but I sense either Wasps or Otium/CCFC will have to cave eventually, compromise is not on the cards.

Captain Dart

Maybe we could set up some kind of joint venture, Coventry Arena Ltd or something?
Coventry Ricoh Arena Project.
What a great acronym.

chiefdave

Surely there’d be some time between being told we can’t groundshare and being told were out of the league? I’d bloody hope so.
It would be days at most as the reason for the meeting being in April was said by the EFL to be because they wanted to confirm what was happening with promotion and relegation prior to the run in and play offs.

skybluetony176

I don’t care what games you go to. Just don’t pretend you have as much vested interest in it as the people you attempt to put down with your attempts at oneupmanship

The bottom line is if there were more fans like me and less like you we wouldn’t be in this mess

I’ve literally never done that. You’re someone who thinks that the number of games you attend validates your opinion regardless of how spectacularly wrong you are.

Bottom line is attendances are not responsible for us selling HR road, they’re not responsible for poor decision making that’s cost the club by successive owners, they’re not responsible for horrendous wages we couldn’t afford (if we sold out every home game in the championship we still couldn’t have afforded the wage bill). Fans like you would have sacked the manager last season before he had chance to get us promoted, fans like you would have sacked the manager this season even though we’re challenging for a place in the playoffs, fans like you blame the goal keeping coach for our downfall. I may not go to as many games as you but that clearly isn’t a measure for common sense.

skybluetony176

And if you don’t care what games I go to why do you keep bringing it up?

Otis

And if you don’t care what games I go to why do you keep bringing it up?
That's Grendel all over. Like he dislikes Coventry city centre. Fine you would say, but he has to keep telling everyone how he dislikes Coventry city centre and does so again and again and again.

He doesn't find me funny. Fine. I've lost count though of the amount of times he has to keep telling me I'm not funny. Like the more times he says it makes it somehow truer. Must have told me at least 20 times now. Ha.

It's laughable. No way I would travel 50 miles away and couldn't even if I wanted to. I don't have to justify myself to him or anyone else.

It's clear as day why so many people block him. :)

skybluetony176

That's Grendel all over. Like he dislikes Coventry city centre. Fine you would say, but he has to keep telling everyone how he dislikes Coventry city centre and does so again and again and again.

He doesn't find me funny. Fine. I've lost count though of the amount of times he has to keep telling me I'm not funny. Like the more times he says it makes it somehow truer. Must have told me at least 20 times now. Ha.

It's laughable. No way I would travel 50 miles away and couldn't even if I wanted to. I don't have to justify myself to him or anyone else.

It's clear as day why so many people block him. :)

I was shocked on another thread by the number of people that said they have him on block. Shocked because he claims people only log on to see what he’s posted. More Grendull facts:)

Grendel

I’ve literally never done that. You’re someone who thinks that the number of games you attend validates your opinion regardless of how spectacularly wrong you are.

Bottom line is attendances are not responsible for us selling HR road, they’re not responsible for poor decision making that’s cost the club by successive owners, they’re not responsible for horrendous wages we couldn’t afford (if we sold out every home game in the championship we still couldn’t have afforded the wage bill). Fans like you would have sacked the manager last season before he had chance to get us promoted, fans like you would have sacked the manager this season even though we’re challenging for a place in the playoffs, fans like you blame the goal keeping coach for our downfall. I may not go to as many games as you but that clearly isn’t a measure for common sense.

I thought you didn’t even support the club until your 20’s? Did you ever go to Highfield Road?

Grendel

I was shocked on another thread by the number of people that said they have him on block. Shocked because he claims people only log on to see what he’s posted. More Grendull facts:)

There I think were 5 Tony and the only time I thread was made in your name was to discuss your racist views on another forum I believe

Users who are viewing this thread