EFL Stadium Vote (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Game theory time: what do people think would happen if the EFL did block a groundshare?

Would Sisu take it and carry on in non-league? Would they drop the legals? Would they tug the heartstrings of Wasps, and would that work? Would Sisu sue the EFL/CCC/Wasps? What do people think?

Liquid Gold

Game theory time: what do people think would happen if the EFL did block a groundshare?

Would Sisu take it and carry on in non-league? Would they drop the legals? Would they tug the heartstrings of Wasps, and would that work? Would Sisu sue the EFL/CCC/Wasps? What do people think?
giphy.gif

JAM See

A is Atrocious
B is Bollocks
C is Contemptible
W is Wasps (we know they are financially unstable and need the rent and concession revenue from CCFC to stay afloat themselves (at least for one more season).

W will carry the day. Don't fret.

chiefdave

I really hope this isn't representative of the EFL vote!
Non-league here we come!
Christ, I hope it's not. If it is then the EFL and clubs will have all the justification they need to vote us out of the league. Any complaint from SISU and the can just say we put it to the fans and they rejected it.

Otis

A is Atrocious
B is Bollocks
C is Contemptible
W is Wasps (we know they are financially unstable and need the rent and concession revenue from CCFC to stay afloat themselves (at least for one more season).

W will carry the day. Don't fret.
I'm with you.

Johnnythespider

How could anyone possibly trust SISU to bring the club back to Coventry. They utterly couldn't give a shit about CCFC and it's fans. How many more lies do they have to tell about la la land stadiums ?!
Nobody believes they will build a stadium, the EFL poll doesn't state they will come back to a new stadium within 3 years.

chiefdave

Can't see them dropping the legals, but I fear too many people are banking on them doing just that and handing everything over to Hoffman.

They might take the club non-league just so it still exists if that aids their legal battle. They can probably keep Otium going as a company without the need to actually have a football club. That could also rule out a phoenix club as technically the entity that is CCFC would still exist.

Basically they won't give a seconds thought what is best for the football club it will be entirely down to what is best for them,

shmmeee

How could anyone possibly trust SISU to bring the club back to Coventry. They utterly couldn't give a shit about CCFC and it's fans. How many more lies do they have to tell about la la land stadiums ?!

Option A: trust Sisu to come back when a stadium is built

Option B: trust Sisu come back to a built stadium within 3 years

Option C: trust Sisu won’t want the club to be kicked out and will drop the legals

Choose your poison.

NorthernWisdom

Sue everyone. Not really game theory, just an inevitability based on past actions

shmmeee

Can't see them dropping the legals, but I fear too many people are banking on them doing just that and handing everything over to Hoffman.

They might take the club non-league just so it still exists if that aids their legal battle. They can probably keep Otium going as a company without the need to actually have a football club. That could also rule out a phoenix club as technically the entity that is CCFC would still exist.

Basically they won't give a seconds thought what is best for the football club it will be entirely down to what is best for them,

Gonna go out on a limb here. I actually believe Joy wants the best for the club, she just sees it very very differently.

I wouldn’t want to bet the club on it, but I’d wager if push came to shove she’d find some way to keep us in Cov if the alternative was losing our league status.

shepardo01

You can't just "take the club non league"
The club more than likely won't get expelled from the EFL. If they did, then they would have to apply to join one of the non efl leagues below L2. Pretty sure there are some rules about how far down that has to be too.
Possibility for non league to happen could also be that SISU get so peed off with everything and all of the campaigns against them, that they wind club up.
Then, any non league entity would have yo start around the bottom tiers (absolutely horrific in every sense of the word, standard, fans, facilities etc) and would not be Coventry City FC.
Astounds me that seemingly a fair few want this to happen.

Covstu

Doesn’t it all go back to the same question, where will we play? I think if we were made non league and then get to play at the Ricoh it would be the most unjust decision in the friggin world!

Chipfat

People will have a reason to vote for C does not make them wrong but it does sort of show if the club is moved again a lot will decide to spend time, money and effort in finding other options of a Saturday.

And thats is really the question that should be asked, 50miles, 100 miles or 25miles fans could be saying if thats the outcome than its not our club, its not worth my time and doing it changes nothing that will force a return.

ccfcway

My opinion is if they are allowed to move again they will not come back or be forced to come back. If they cant do a deal now with all this going on they never will.

that has to be the concern. There are less reasons to come back that last time. I fear the club will just do a year after year rental renewal at MK or elsewhere, with the fans clinging onto hope that the next year they will be back, whilst all along, we will only come back if sisu win a court case and leave or wasps go bust.

Grendel

Johnnythespider

People will have a reason to vote for C does not make them wrong but it does sort of show if the club is moved again a lot will decide to spend time, money and effort in finding other options of a Saturday.

And thats is really the question that should be asked, 50miles, 100 miles or 25miles fans could be saying if thats the outcome than its not our club, its not worth my time and doing it changes nothing that will force a return.
Unless it's a Saturday in May at Wembley

Reactions: vow

Grendel

So basically no chance of SISU replicating what’s been achieved at Brighton then.

Perhaps Garry and Joe can? Joe has plenty of spark plugs in his garage he could sell

ccfcway

Unless it's a Saturday in May at Wembley

and we still couldn't fill it ?.

Same as saying we took 7k to MK in a league game, so if our home games were there, with away fans we might not be far off 10k, so not much difference to now.

Not comparing apples with apples, as clearly that's not likely to happen

Otis

Yes, exactly that on that first point. I don't think it is as jawdropping as some think.

I honestly think there are fans who will be finished with the club if we move 50 miles away. In that circumstance, they will be done with the club anyway and it matters not. I can then see why they would vote for C.

I bet nearly everyone who is voting C wouldn't go and watch the new club in the 8th tier or whatever it would be.

Ashdown

Quite frankly, most won't be able to justify the extra cost to start that shit again. For me it wouldn't be CCFC, it would just be SISUs puppet squad whilst they carry on with their legals.

shmmeee

Yes, exactly that on that first point. I don't think it is as jawdropping as some think.

I honestly think there are fans who will be finished with the club if we move 50 miles away. In that circumstance, they will be done with the club anyway and it matters not. I can then see why they would vote for C.

I bet nearly everyone who is voting C wouldn't go and watch the new club in the 8th tier or whatever it would be.

TBF there’s valid reasons to vote for all three without being an evil person who wants CCFC to die. None of us has a clue what would happen with any of the major players in any scenario no matter how much we think we do.

ccfcway

I honestly think there are fans who will be finished with the club if we move 50 miles away. In that circumstance, they will be done with the club anyway and it matters not. I can then see why they would vote for C..

you might be right, but the show goes on and we would cut accordingly. There will always be the hardcore (as Northampton showed) and this time the noise seems to be more people would go (until today when 50 miles has been quoted).

CCFC will be in existence long after sisu, wasps and everyone who is currently sitting on the council are here.

Users who are viewing this thread