EFL Stadium Vote (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Reading it back I may have. I read “going on” as “happening right now” not “will happen on the future”. Fair point.
He made if they get serious italic to avoid doubt ;)

Magwitch

Back to the 3 options might just be something the EFL think they are obliged to do, there are certainly more questions than answers at the moment.

Otis

That’s not what’s asked though. It’s “deny a groundshare”, not “get kicked out” so people are voting because they think Sisu should do a deal. They probably haven’t put 2 and 2 together and realised that Sisu might let us get kicked out.

It’s a badly designed question for all kinds of reasons. Same again as the referendum, you can’t accurately put the positions of a complex scenario across in a multiple choice question.
It is a badly designed set of questions.

It should have been.

Are you happy for a ground share? If yes, what would be the maximum distance you would travel.

There then should be a question about sharing for a set time period, i.e. 3 years and then asked again if the fact that it is temporary alters the distance you would travel.

Then there should be a question simply asking if you are happy to ground share at all and also, if the club plays outsiders Coventry would you go at all, or would you stop attending.

Seaside-Skyblue

Was just having a look about lead times on stadiums and it seems around 2 to 2 and half years seems an average (obv depending on size etc) but this is based on physically breaking ground to it being opened. We dont even have a site yet so that + planning etc it could be a tight ask to even have a stadium in place within 3 years.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Rusty Trombone

C still allows a ground share, but it needs to be in the Coventry area. They haven't defined what the Coventry area is. Maybe this is the best option to choose, as surely a ground can be found much closer than 50 miles away.

Nick

Administrator
C still allows a ground share, but it needs to be in the Coventry area. They haven't defined what the Coventry area is. Maybe this is the best option to choose, as surely a ground can be found much closer than 50 miles away.
but kicked out of the league

shepardo01

Maybe the questions were set as they were for a reason?
Yes Nick. Sure I read something that the EFL had asked the Trust (or vice versa), after their meeting on Thursday to lobby the fans regarding this situation.
Looks either way that it has come about as a result of their discussion.
The fact that on twitter The trust account has liked a partucular tweet stating C as a preffered option also adds a few more questions as to how they are going about their intentions.
I agree that Moz's video was brilliant, but that seems outwardly different to seemingly what their views may (or may not be)
Thoughts?

robbiethemole

Pretty sure the EFL won't take any notice of what a small number of fans vote for, they've never done so before so why will they now?. Bunch of cunts

Otis

Pretty sure the EFL won't take any notice of what a small number of fans vote for, they've never done so before so why will they now?. Bunch of cunts
That should have been the last question on the survey. What do you think of the EFL? Your answer would then be a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

They made some smug statements after Blackpool’s situation changed. Also did fuck all to stop our voluntary move to Northampton yet now want to stick the boot in when the club can do nothing to change the impasse.

Grendel

Why? We are talking about family about shared memories about generations and generations to come. Do you not give a shit?

As I’ve repeatedly said if the worst comes to the worst there is a choice what fans want to do and as long as at least 2-3,000 stick with the club it can survive

Magwitch

As I’ve repeatedly said if the worst comes to the worst there is a choice what fans want to do and as long as at least 2-3,000 stick with the club it can survive
No it can’t, not as first class club anyway, professional football clubs depend on identity keeping support long term and adding new and specifically young support, we will quickly become a former league club like a Torquay, Halifax, Southport etc. Do you want that ?

Grendel

No it can’t, not as first class club anyway, professional football clubs depend on identity keeping support long term and adding new and specifically young support, we will quickly become a former league club like a Torquay, Halifax, Southport etc. Do you want that ?

Again Brighton didn’t

Option c would ensure that though

Grendel

Brighton got a very rich and benevolent owner to get a ground built and are the only team in the area for miles

They also had two years miles and miles away and a decade in a ground unfit for purpose - they want be any court cases still going in 12 years

davebart

So, given the options, the club WILL be playing a long way from home next season. And the next. And the next. And so on.
Option C is pointless
Option B is unachievable even if desirable as a preference. The EFL is unable to enforce this.

Users who are viewing this thread