EFL Stadium Vote (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

They also had two years miles and miles away and a decade in a ground unfit for purpose - they want be any court cases still going in 12 years

Yes but they were fan owned during that time we will still be stuck with a hedge fund that defies logic in refusing to entertain a sale

Grendel

Yes but they were fan owned during that time we will still be stuck with a hedge fund that defies logic in refusing to entertain a sale

I’m sure they will sell if the price is what they want

Voice_of_Reason

St.Andrews, they need the money. Nearest ground of comparable size. Easy access. But I still think we will play at the Ricoh next season.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m sure they will sell if the price is what they want

Yeah G and when we know that over £7 million isn’t enough to even get round the table what will be enough and who in their right mind would pay? There was nobody else to support in Sussex. We are surrounded by Championship and top flight clubs

Magwitch

Yeah G and when we know that over £7 million isn’t enough to even get round the table what will be enough and who in their right mind would pay? There was nobody else to support in Sussex. We are surrounded by Championship and top flight clubs
First bid was never going to be accepted but not turning it down flat just maybe opens the door for talks, another bid etc. Fingers crossed

Legia Sky Blue

I haven't read through the 11 pages of replies so apologies if I am repeating points made, but the options are far too vague to allow an informed answer.

I never supported the move to Northampton and refused to go there because I believed it was a move that wasn't necessary, and which was forced by SISU for tactical reasons, which then completely backfired.

This is different though. While I do believe that SISU should pull the plug on the legals, Wasps intransigence in agreeing a deal is equally at fault for this situation the club now finds itself in.
50 miles is too far however. The only viable league ground option to me is St Andrews. At any other league ground we wouldn't get any more support than if we played more locally at Rugby or Nuneaton, so if permitted we would be better off playing at one of them than at Walsall, Northampton, Notts County whatever, particularly as rent would be lower, and with reduced capacity the club could increase ticket prices on a short term basis to offset some of the reduced income lost by lower attendances.

Having said all that my gut feeling is that a deal will be done, but that all the parties will leave it to the wire to do so.

Brighton Sky Blue

First bid was never going to be accepted but not turning it down flat just maybe opens the door for talks, another bid etc. Fingers crossed

Never expect it to be accepted first off but it was rejected out of hand with no intention of negotiating. What’s making them so reluctant to even discuss it?

chiefdave

Linnell dropped out on CWR that he’s spoken to the Northampton chairman and they’d be happy to groundshare again.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Can anyone please tell me what option 3 on this actually means:
"opposition to a ground share outside Coventry as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL"
if I say "yes" to this what does this mean?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I answered B, move away for three years at Championship/League 1 level so long as there's a clear way back for CCFC to return within a set timescale, preferably to a stadium not owned by Wasps. (That's how I've perceived the question/answer!)
Rather that than vote A, move away with no set timescale or strategy to return, or C, get expelled from the EFL, play non-league football at Nuneaton (if Norman will have us!) Shitty ground, shitty football, no set timescale or strategy to return.
Why on earth would anyone vote for A ahead of B?. I don't even understand the third option.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Not well worded is it.
Sounds like if I don't want expulsion from the EFL (which I don't) then I must/ should/ probably possibly / definitely oppose a ground share as well .
It's total tosh.

Otis

Sounds like if I don't want expulsion from the EFL (which I don't) then I must/ should/ probably possibly / definitely oppose a ground share as well .
It's total tosh.
Yeah. Opposition to a ground share as an alternative to expulsion.

Sounds like opposing a ground share is an alternative to being expelled.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah. Opposition to a ground share as an alternative to expulsion.

Sounds like opposing a ground share is an alternative to being expelled.
"Do you want to be expelled from the football league?"
"No"
"Then that means you must oppose a ground share then"
"Does it ? If you say so"
...….Perhaps if you do support an exclusion you must support a ground share .

Johnnythespider

Can anyone please tell me what option 3 on this actually means:
"opposition to a ground share outside Coventry as an alternative to expulsion from the EFL"
if I say "yes" to this what does this mean?
It means you are opposed to a groundshare as an alternative to expulsion, thus you would rather be expelled from the league than have a groundshare.

Otis

It means you are opposed to a groundshare as an alternative to expulsion, thus you would rather be expelled from the league than have a groundshare.
As I say, not worded at all well.

Would you accept expulsion from the league rather than commit to a ground share.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As I say, not worded at all well.

Would you accept expulsion from the league rather than commit to a ground share.
If there was a good chance of football in Coventry then I think quite a few would agree. If we play at Stadium MK or even beyond 15 miles it will be an absolute disaster.

Frank Sidebottom

20190325_224451.jpg 62% of telegraph readers would rather we're expelled than ground share.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-224013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-224013_Chrome.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 10

Liquid Gold

I really don't see how you're interpreting it as that.
I am opposed to a groundshare outside of coventry as an alternative to being expelled.

i.e. I'd rather be kicked out of the league than play outside the city.

It could be worded better but it's hardly the dead sea scrolls.

Irony of it all is that if that was what happened we'd probably just groundshare outside the city anyway but in non league.

Users who are viewing this thread