eastwood scores twice for the reserves!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dean Allsop

I am only saying I saw him saturday leaving, and have heard this is a regular thing, been told by a few people that sit with me that this happens, but I think he does deserve his chance over juke and platt maybe him and macdonald could make a good partnership..................

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why would he deserve his chance 'over' Juke? So far this season, he's scored 9 in a very, very poor side. That's a very good return indeed

stupot07

MMM I agree, drop our top scorer who also contributes a lot to the team with his all round play an work rate......that would be bonkers

stupot07

Because you are going by appearances which I think count coming on as a sub which I think a hell of a lot of those will be and our last few managers have had something against making subs before 80 minutes which has always annoyed me so to come on for 5-10 minutes, usually out of position there is not much that can be done.

With a decent run of starts, he has scored goals when he has started. I am not saying Eastwood is at a King level, but McSheffrey had a spell for 3/4 of last season when he did nothing, he was awful and Freddy could have been drafted in.

He is a technically gifted player, he has a good footballing brain and with match fitness and motivation he would score a lot of goals for us.

Wasn't freddy injured for the majority of last season? I seem to remember him playing in the first couple of games then get injured and miss a load.

Dean Allsop

well why not, juke may have scored 9 in a poor team but we got rid of players who scored more ie morrison mackensie we let king go for whatever reason did kevin kyle score that many?? all I am saying is why not try them two up front??, when eastwood plays up front he scores play him out wide he dosent worth a try its one thing being hard to beat, but we are lacking up front if we had a goalscorer like macdonald and eastwood can be and have proven should they not get their chance????

stupot07

Any chance you can replicate those stats for goals and appearances in the top two divisions of English football? I know you're only quoting stats btw but difficult to compare someone like Platt with FE who despite being a striker plays a completely different role for the team.

Also the Mcsheffrey stats are skewed as he played as a striker a lot when he first came into the team and under Macca and black, he didn't really start playing out wide until adams came in and we had John and dele up front with Macca and scowcroft outwide. In fact I seem to remember his stats for actually playing up front were pretty good.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
well why not, juke may have scored 9 in a poor team but we got rid of players who scored more ie morrison mackensie we let king go for whatever reason did kevin kyle score that many?? all I am saying is why not try them two up front??, when eastwood plays up front he scores play him out wide he dosent worth a try its one thing being hard to beat, but we are lacking up front if we had a goalscorer like macdonald and eastwood can be and have proven should they not get their chance????

I still dont get why you think Juke warrants being dropped :thinking about:
Yes, other players deserve a chance, but only if their competition arent performing. Id say 9 goals in a pretty dire team doesnt come down as 'not performing'. I agree, we do need all the experienced pro's we have to be dipping in wherever possible at the moment. However dropping your top goal scorer, who is also probably your best all round player, is just barmy!!

Im confused also why Morrison and McKenzie have been mentioned. This is Clinton Morrison who cannot get into the Sheff Wed team, and McKenzie who, I dont think is playing anymore (was his last team Northampton?? He didnt really cut it there did he). Might give you reasons why they werent kept :facepalm:

King, is a whole new story! We all know the club messed up here, on more than one occason. But he was also a prick about it, and I was never confident his heart was at this club. I went to the end of season awards, and lets just say,I felt he was accepting the award he wont, lets say reluctantly. He was asked whether he was going to stay, and his response was not at all convincing. He used us as a stepping stone, and was never going to sign a new deal, even if he got his own way!

Yes hes a quality striker at this level, but his attitude stank!

bamalamafizzfazz

If you are comparing him with Deegan, McPake, etc.

Apart from his publicised fly tipping antics.

Has Freddie ever come out and slagged off anyone or stressed a desire to leave?
Has he ever complained about not being in the team?
Is it possible that the stories have been fabricated as they want him out for some reason non football related?
Have they always wanted his supposedly high wages off the budget?

On the flip side though, has he ever defended himself when there has been negative press?
Does he actually care?

I agree that he may not be the most talented player and the Championship may not be his playing level but the fact is that there is more to Eastwood not getting game time than is let on. Sadly for us it's something we will probably never know.

Grendel

I am only saying I saw him saturday leaving, and have heard this is a regular thing, been told by a few people that sit with me that this happens, but I think he does deserve his chance over juke and platt maybe him and macdonald could make a good partnership..................

Juke has scored more goals in half a season that Eastwood does into.

The only team Eastwood and MacDonald would excel in is in a local pie eating competition.

Nonleagueherewecome

Juke has scored more goals in half a season that Eastwood does into.

The only team Eastwood and MacDonald would excel in is in a local pie eating competition.

But which would win first prize?

Dean Allsop

Look its my opinon, and only that, I like every fan wants, the team to be better if the stories of Juke leaving then we have to play with what we have, juke is not scoring every week , and I am not saying eastwood and macdonald would, but comments on here say we need competition for places, the only reason I can see that juke plays every week is there is no competition up front because we have strikers that just are not good enough,

Grendel

Look its my opinon, and only that, I like every fan wants, the team to be better if the stories of Juke leaving then we have to play with what we have, juke is not scoring every week , and I am not saying eastwood and macdonald would, but comments on here say we need competition for places, the only reason I can see that juke plays every week is there is no competition up front because we have strikers that just are not good enough,

No MacDonald and Eastwood aren't good enough that's why Juke plays every week.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Juke may not score every week, but he puts a shift in. He chases back, he pulls out wide, tries to put crosses in; everything his team mates around him should be doing. All that while hes trying to do his own job in getting into goal scoring positions and / or scoring. This is why he plays every week. Its nothing to do with there being no competition (althought admittidly if we had a better crop of players, his position may be under threat). But we need to bear in mind, I think we got lucky getting hold of him for how much we did (rumoured). The rest of our strikers are what we have come to expect CCFC to invest in, and is what we can afford.

This said, I appreciate you have an opinion, and your entitled to air that opinion. Doesnt mean we have to agree :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

He played the Deegan situation perfectly IMO. Gave him a kick up the arse, he'd been playing crap, now he's come back fitter and playing to his potential. When Fergie does that with Rooney he gets hailed as a genius; our manager does it, and we call him "bolshie"?
Disagree.
1) We do not have the squad of UTD to do stuff like that
2) I haven't heard anyone call Fergie a genius for the handling of Rooney, all it done was add more speculation that Rooney was being sold and the player-manager relationship had broken down.

As for Eastwood I think with our squad he is worth a place on the bench, bring him on for a 15-20 min spells and see if he can force his way back into the side.

The CableGuy

So because he bangs 2 past Chesterfield he's earned his place in 1st team, despite not keeping fit which is a basic requirement for a professional footballer?

Oooookkkayyy.

The guy is quality but he's had enough chances under THREE managers now, who have seen more of him in training then the vast majority of posters here.

If he's fit and wants to play for CCFC, then fair enough. If not, get rid. We can't afford to carry passengers. He's a senior player and should have been contributing to the fight long before now!

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If he's fit and wants to play for CCFC, then fair enough. If not, get rid. We can't afford to carry passengers. He's a senior player and should have been contributing to the fight long before now!

We've carried him thus far and it doesnt look like he'll be going anywhere else, so whilst hes here, should we not be making him earn his keep?

TBF to him, he must have grown very disillusioned under AT (I know with some of his comments towards individuals, Id be pretty pissed off if my manager was making public comments about me in that way).

I think our Freddie will haunt SBT for ever.

He still is the most gifted player on the books (when he wants to be)

I have always said this guy has serious talent if he:

Played regularly (which he is not)
Played in his true position (up front as central striker - anywhere but at the moment)

If Thorn is to be our saviour as manager of CCFC he must swallow his pride, do a Martin O'Neil and get Freddie playing again pumped up with pride and passion.

It can be done AT - just do it before it is too late.

PUSB

georgehudson

i fear we will never know whether FE would have been a saviour / legend,
primarily because the answer lies between his ears,
the epitome of an unfulfilled person,
potentially FE & G.Mc as a strikeforce would be potent,
i fear we will never know,

PUSB

torchomatic

I would certainly give him a go. We can't afford not to. I hate to admit it, but I think I'm going over to the dark side wanting Thorn to actually realise the position we are in and starting taking chances.

I thought it was a bit mean not to let Wilson play at Everton too. He's never going to play for us, Cup tied or not.

It's not about pride anymore At, it's about winning games and getting out of the relegation zone.

According to the smellygraph he still aint fit. I would start him hope he gets a couple bring him off at 60 and then bring on an extra midfielder when we are 3 0 up.

Nick

Administrator
Course he isn't fit...

He scored 2 in a friendly but it means nothing, when Cody scored 3 in a training session AT said he was the next Messi and how he was his number 1 target....

Nick

Administrator
Not too sure, doesn't say.

It said Clingan only lasted 60 minutes as he hasn't played for 5 weeks, surely this makes Freddy fitter if he played 90? (within reason)

CUS Wyken

That is a big cock up agreed. I do think there has been someing else here going on.

So on one side, Thorn gets him playing (albeit in the reserves) he’s scoring goals but then were told after he’s still not fit.

Is this Thorn basically saying he’s on the market and never playing for the first team again???

Nick

Administrator
It must be something like that surely? Getting him on the market and clubs interested.

I would much rather he was on the bench ahead of Jeffers!

Users who are viewing this thread