eastwood scores twice for the reserves!!!! (1 Viewer)

I think he will be our talisman once Juke is out of the way. About time too, everytime he is in the squad he scores a reasonable amount. I'd love to see Eastwood and Mcdonald start a couple of games together. I reckon they would both be smashing them in for fun within 5 games.

Sub

if he is not fit and doesnt want to train and get fit no point in playing him tho :(:(:(

if he is not fit and doesnt want to train and get fit no point in playing him tho :(:(:(

If you are talented at your job but keep getting overlooked, wouldn't you lose hope after a few years? If he gets a run in the team i reckon his attitude will change drastically.

Sub

i was saying IF, i dont know anymore than anybody else if he wants to play and bang the goals in thats good enough for me but i dont pick the team :):):)

he is another player always played out of position and when he did well got dropped by coleman so he probly is pissed off and hopefully he will play and prove his true worth!!!

Last edited:

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
He had been playing in the reserves to get his fitness up but then he picked an injury up. Assuming he's now over it and fit?

ccfcway

I think he will be our talisman once Juke is out of the way. About time too, everytime he is in the squad he scores a reasonable amount. I'd love to see Eastwood and Mcdonald start a couple of games together. I reckon they would both be smashing them in for fun within 5 games.

on the basis of ?

we have no wingers and supply is poor for a start, so shearer and henry wouldnt smash them in for fun playing for us..

Eastwood has been at best "patchy" for us, at worst, down right lazy

Cody could prove his weight in gold in league one with the right partner, but Eastwood can do one, not being fit for half a season but still taking the cash

CUS Wyken

i was saying IF, i dont know anymore than anybody else if he wants to play and bang the goals in thats good enough for me but i dont pick the team :):):)

I know what you mean lad but if he didn't want to train then surely we could have sacked him?

I believe that Thorn is a very stubborn manager take the McPake and Deegan saga's too, he seems very bolshie

Sub

I know what you mean lad but if he didn't want to train then surely we could have sacked him?

I believe that Thorn is a very stubborn manager take the McPake and Deegan saga's too, he seems very bolshie

could be right there :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

ccfcway

If you are talented at your job but keep getting overlooked, wouldn't you lose hope after a few years? If he gets a run in the team i reckon his attitude will change drastically.

Thing is, its not just Thorn, all of the manager we have had didnt want to play him

We arent privvy to everthing that goes on...

Majority of fans on GMK used to bang on about why no-one ever played Thornton

There is always a story

Mcsheff is a quality winger is he not? As far as the right hand side goes.........Bell is about as good as we get unfortunately. Bigi at the tip, Deegs at the back and Clingan sold in January.

That is what I would love to try if we must go on with the Diamond.

ccfcway

could be right there :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

Deegan is back playing and McPakes toys are out the pram due to not being in the 1st team.

Dont agree with some of Thorns tactics, but the players know who the boss is

Pretty sure Fergie wouldnt have Eastwood anywhere near the midalnds, let alone Coventry if he was our manager !

Mary_Mungo_Midge

he shouldve been in contention all season, another thorn cock up, he would rather stick with jeffers, wilson, o donovan and platt shocking

Aw come on, he turned up out of shape after close season, and had to be sent to Lilleshall for fitness training! And extra running at Ryton to get in shape. He also walked out of the Ricoh when he turned up for the Derby game, still in the process of trying to shift his additional baggage - and went home, resulting in disciplinary action against him by the club.

The anti-AT fare from some people is embarrassing. Eastwood has a responsibility as a professional sportsman to stay in the same sort of shape the balance of the strikers manage to maintain. Which is at least to be able to start a game. Conditioning beyond that being the responsibility of the Fitness Coach we haven't got, of course......

SkyBlueScottie

he shouldve been in contention all season, another thorn cock up, he would rather stick with jeffers, wilson, o donovan and platt shocking
A Thorn cock up? Eastwood was the player who returned back from Pre Season not having looked after himself. Eastwood is the player who has not bothered this season despite the fact he is obviously one of the highest earners. We are having to rely on kids so why should he expect not to put the work in yet still play every week?

I have no problem with Eastwood until he refuses to live the life that required of a professional footballer. He has disrespected the club and its fans and quite rightly should not play until he puts the required amount of effort in. How many times have we witnessed players wearing our shirt and not treating it with the respect it deserves.

McSheff a quality winger ?

really ?

I can only go on what I have seen and his stats. The past few matches he has been outstanding. In the past he has been our top scorer when played on the wing. I'm sure he can take a man on and put a decent ball into the box.

ccfcway

Next season, IF we must play diamond, I'd go

-----------Cody ---------Platt----------
-----------------McSheff---------------
--------Thomas------------Baker-------
----------------Deegan----------------
Hussey--Wood--------Cameron--Christie
----------------Murphy----------------

Subs

Dunn
Clarke
Jeffers
Bell
Bigi
R'OD

Last edited:
This would be mine

-----------Cody ---------Eastwood----------
-----------------Bigi--------------
--------Mcsheffrey----------Baker-------
Hussey--Wood----Keogh--Christie

Think I prefer Christie to Clarke due to his size.

Sterling Archer

Hmmmmm, so he scores 2 in the reserves and all of a sudden is the answer to our prayers? O'Donovan scored a shed load in pre season friendlies.

Freddy Eastwood - Coventry City - Apps 81 (40) / Goals 17

cstring82

On a brighter note it, Clarke played 90mins and the young lad Harris-Clarke(I think) scored as well.

Not sure about Eastwood he's def got the talent just always doubted his application but that's my opinion.

ccfcway

Eastwood will be gone in the summer, out of contract. Keogh is too good for League One, and he will be snapped up.

Have my doubts if Wood will stay, but when touted around, it was only League One clubs that came in for him, so he might stick around, and that poor guy will be used for the "we have some players not on league one wages, and until they are gone, we cant get anyone in" line.

I dont think we will lose Thomas as he is a Cov lad and wants to stay and Bigi has been over played, resulting in a obvious dip in form, meaning he maybe here next season

-----------Cody ---------Platt----------
-----------------McSheff---------------
--------Thomas------------Baker-------
Hussey--Wood--------Cameron--Christie

Subs

Dunn
Clarke
Jeffers
Bell
Bigi
R'OD

Sterling Archer

A man with 17 goals in 121 games can never be labelled with the phrase "banging them in". He has constantly failed to deliver and living off his reputation as a big fish in a small pond down the leagues with Southend where he was an excellent penalty taker. The "not getting fit" issue is the final straw for me with Eastwood. The sooner we aren't paying his ridiculous wages (for the return he gives us from them), the better.

lordsummerisle

on the basis of ?

we have no wingers and supply is poor for a start, so shearer and henry wouldnt smash them in for fun playing for us..

Eastwood has been at best "patchy" for us, at worst, down right lazy

Cody could prove his weight in gold in league onewith the right partner, but Eastwood can do one, not being fit for half a season but still taking the cash

That'd clear our debts and still have a bit left over to buy the stadium, Messi, Ronaldo and another extension on Bell's contract.

Nick

Administrator
Whenever Freddy has been given a decent run in the side he has always scored, I remember a great run last season and then he was dropped when somebody came back from injury so it must be off the field that puts people off.

I would personally play him behind the front 2, he has a great footballing brain so can pick up assists and has a good shot on him!

I personally think there is more to the "getting fit" saga than we know about, the same as with King signing, McPake, Deegan being injured etc.

How many of his appearances for us have been on the 87th minute when he comes on at left midfield? They surely don't count?

CUS Wyken

Deegan is back playing and McPakes toys are out the pram due to not being in the 1st team.

Dont agree with some of Thorns tactics, but the players know who the boss is

Pretty sure Fergie wouldnt have Eastwood anywhere near the midalnds, let alone Coventry if he was our manager !

Deegan had no idea why he wasn't playing. Thorn mentioned something about fitness and then Deegan done a tongue in cheek remark on twitter about all you can eat chinese.

Eastwood. Played against Norwich got injured and then went on the pop for 2 weeks. Since then been rumours but nothing made public.

So apart from Freddy's 2 week sesh in the Hinckley pub the others have done nothing wrong as far as im concerned.

McPake's toys are out the pram??? Who told the media. It was Thorn..

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Thats just not true though Nick, its as if you aren't counting the games where he hasn't scored. 17 goals in 121 games is dreadful for a striker that we spent over £1m on in transfer fess and much more in wages. You only have to see his body language when he does play to see that his heart isn't in it.

A lazy 1 goal in 7 appearances striker is the last thing we need right now.

stupot07

I can only go on what I have seen and his stats. The past few matches he has been outstanding. In the past he has been our top scorer when played on the wing. I'm sure he can take a man on and put a decent ball into the box.

The last few games he last played upfront as a striker but with a license to drift out wide and with no responsibilities of having to get up and down the line defending and attacking.

ccfcway

Deegan had no idea why he wasn't playing. Thorn mentioned soemthing about fitness and then Deegan done a tongue in cheek remark on twitter about all you can eat chinese.

Eastwood. Played against Norwich got injured and then went on the pop for 2 weeks. Since then been rumours but nothing made public.

So apart from Freddy's 2 week sesh in the Hinckley pub the others have done nohing wrong as far as im concerned.

McPake's toys are out the pram??? Who told the media. It was Thorn..

come on Wyken.....

Dont know about Deegan, but reports in scotland were that McPake had been touted about due to wanting to come home.

At isnt going to cut his nose off to spite his face, if senior players are fit and ready he is going to want to keep his job, so way more is going on than we know about

Nick

Administrator
Thats just not true though Nick, its as if you aren't counting the games where he hasn't scored. 17 goals in 121 games is dreadful for a striker that we spent over £1m on in transfer fess and much more in wages. You only have to see his body language when he does play to see that his heart isn't in it.

A lazy 1 goal in 7 appearances striker is the last thing we need right now.

Is that 121 starts up front or in an attacking position? I can't remember the exact stats but that time he got about 10 starts he got about 6-7 goals including a hat trick?

stupot07

La lucha and Ccfcway - why would you play Deegan at cdm when he's a box to box midfielder who has shown us he's got an eye for goal? Thomas has looked pretty good in that position imo apart from the southampton game.

Users who are viewing this thread