Early Bird Part 2 - Now Extended! (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I am the lucky recipient of the season ticket + JSB.

Mild mannered janitor, you are being very humble and modest on private message but I can't tell you what this means to us.

I won't go into our situation on a public forum but needless to say, it has brightened up our house and gives us something to look forward to. My 11 year old daughter hasn't stopped smiling. She will finally get to see in the flesh, the sky blues she supports but has until now only listened on the radio with the odd treat of a tv match.

I will forever grateful to you sir, and I make this promise on my life - if ever I'm in the position where I can spare the money - I will do this for somebody out there who will deserve it.

Thank you a million times.

Enjoy next season, PUSB

Lennyleelee

Enjoy next season, PUSB
Thank you. It can't come soon enough! My daughter is incredibly excited and has asked for the new kit for her birthday - a new hardcore fan no doubt.

A lot of people say to me that I'm unlucky being a Cov fan. That may be true in some respects. However I'm very lucky to be a Cov fan as I'm amongst the best fans and people in English football. Thank you to all of you. Especially MMJ who I will be eternally grateful to.

PUSB

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They have, they told me to get in touch with [email protected] which is who I originally contacted and they said that they were not the ticket office and to contact the club. I think they missed the point really of what I was trying to do although I did set it out clearly in my e-mail to them

At this rate, I will be buying for Earlsdonskyblue as no other takers via the club or SBIT or if anyone knows on here of someone who would benefit then message me and I will help them.

MMJ - What you have put together is quite frankly remarkable and you clearly are a top person. It really is the sign of a good human being when they come into some good fortune and decide to share that with others straight away. Don't worry about me (if you were), there are far more fans who are more deserving and also more in need than me. I only have myself to blame for deciding to get married and buying a house!

It seems the person you have got a season ticket for is absolutely over the moon, and it has brought me a lot of joy reading this afternoon about how much him and his daughter are looking forward to going. I hope we have a good season for their sake if nothing else!

If you can keep this campaign going a bit longer I will stick some money in the coffers come pay day. What a fantastic thing to do. Well done sir!

Sky Blue Harry H

6,000 season tickets represents the vast majority (in terms of numbers) of regular home support last season, so that's a really good effort. Add in match packages, a few more season tickets, walk up, plus bigger away followings and there should be a much better atmosphere up there next season - obviously the last few games will be hard to match, but the first three quarters of the season's home games were a bit lacking, despite the best efforts of the usual suspects. Really looking forward to it - and has to help the players!

rob9872

It's not just numbers though H. We could have twice as many and still an awful atmosphere in a 32k seater stadium. Tbh I though the last two away games (Cheltenham and Notts Co) were louder and better atmosphere than Wembley as we were completely full and crammed in. In the current climate the Ricoh will always be too big for us and I'm looking forward to away games again already for next season. That said we've gone over to the posh side now. Still in the cheap seats (block 2) but wanted to be that end where our players warm up for a change rather than in the family block and look across at it being busy (hopefully!)

bawtryneal

If we could raise a few quid on here to offer a couple of deserving fans a ST I wonder if the club would support with holding the early bird price or maybe a similar gesture
MR is currently in Spain on holiday but I will contact him and ask if he can suggest the club will support SBT with a gesture as above.
Maybe throw in a kids ST if we buy a full ST for deserving person or similar.

Otis

If we could raise a few quid on here to offer a couple of deserving fans a ST I wonder if the club would support with holding the early bird price or maybe a similar gesture
MR is currently in Spain on holiday but I will contact him and ask if he can suggest the club will support SBT with a gesture as above.
Maybe throw in a kids ST if we buy a full ST for deserving person or similar.
Yeah, love that idea.

The fans pay for an adult ST and the club throw in a kids one to go with it.

bawtryneal

I don't want to hijack the thread ( have offered support to MMJs collection) but if the majority agree will text MR overnight and see if he can get the club to support the SBT iniative.
Think we can raise enough for a couple of season tickets if the club can either match or offer kids tickets or similar??

Nick

Administrator
I don't want to hijack the thread ( have offered support to MMJs collection) but if the majority agree will text MR overnight and see if he can get the club to support the SBT iniative.
Think we can raise enough for a couple of season tickets if the club can either match or offer kids tickets or similar??
Have you got mark Robins contact details, you didn't mention it ;)

Ps yes if the club can match or help that would be great, ideally the more people who genuinely are going through a tough time and a st would give them a bit of a break every couple of weeks then it would be great!

bawtryneal

Have you got mark Robins contact details, you didn't mention it ;)

Ps yes if the club can match or help that would be great, ideally the more people who genuinely are going through a tough time and a st would give them a bit of a break every couple of weeks then it would be great!

If I had known you would be impressed, I would have mentioned it earlier
I will ask. Don't ask, don't get !!!
Will ask on behalf of SBT.

Nick

Administrator
If I had known you would be impressed, I would have mentioned it earlier
I will ask. Don't ask, don't get !!!
Will ask on behalf of SBT.
It's not even SBT as such, just a few fans sparked by mmj kindness and want to help if they can.

Sky Blue Harry H

It's not just numbers though H. We could have twice as many and still an awful atmosphere in a 32k seater stadium. Tbh I though the last two away games (Cheltenham and Notts Co) were louder and better atmosphere than Wembley as we were completely full and crammed in. In the current climate the Ricoh will always be too big for us and I'm looking forward to away games again already for next season. That said we've gone over to the posh side now. Still in the cheap seats (block 2) but wanted to be that end where our players warm up for a change rather than in the family block and look across at it being busy (hopefully!)
Partly agree Rob re atmosphere, although the Cheltenham atmosphere was probably aided by your eleventeenth pint in that pub we were in pre match, plus 6 goals! Still think the atmosphere improved at The Ricoh as the season progressed and looking forward to home and away next year ⚽

Last edited:

ccfcrob

This is just beautiful. What a gesture, everyone chipping in with ideas on who to contact and how to get the word out there. Well done to you all, makes me very proud to be a city fan at times like this.

(Now everyone, back to arguing with Grendel about Biamou ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread