Doug King Takeover (3 Viewers)

slowpoke

Christmas has little to do with Christianity these days anyway, especially in the U.K. I know lots of Muslims that have decorations and give presents on Christmas Day.
Correct I have a relation married to a devout Muslim, couldn’t wish to meet a more respectful chap to the Christmas period.

I’ve just seen the Possible blue Christmas tree Everton pun.

slowpoke

I think we have two officers of the club chairman Tim Fisher & ceo Dave Boddy. Will be interesting what happens with Fisher, if he stays chairman does that indicate JS pulling the strings ?

alexccfc99

I think we have two officers of the club chairman Tim Fisher & ceo Dave Boddy. Will be interesting what happens with Fisher, if he stays chairman does that indicate JS pulling the strings ?
Fisher is the only active director of Otium - Agree, could be telling but it’s not too uncommon during football club takeovers for outgoing directors to stay on after new ownership comes in, in a sort of ‘handover process

Couldn’t even tell you what Fisher does nowadays, he never seems to speak to anyone and handed all that sort of stuff over to Boddy, probably just as well as he always seemed to upset anyone when he opened his mouth

The Philosopher

Do you still think it’s Hyam?
TBH I’m unsure.

It was quickly pointed out to me that it could have also been R.O. and the reasons why.

The level of inside knowledge on the playing front, particularly during COVID suggested player, not highly-involved-sponsor. It may be that R.O. had contacts and was passing info on, and stopped when Hyam left; coincidentally perhaps.

Having read through the posts at the time and trying to weigh up who out of the two would / could have had access to the inside knowledge, I have my own theory, which I’ll keep to myself.

skyblu3sk

Well, Happy Takeover day everyone! Really hope if its going to happen its today so we can get back to talking about signing players out of our price range!
Lets Go Fight GIF by Juanfran

edgy

It was never going to be confirmed today - first day back in the office. EFL staff still talking about Dry January and new gym memberships, let alone opening any emails or holding meetings.

Andy Turner's latest suggested there is still i's & t's (issues/queries) to dot and cross. Can see this dragging on until next week.

steve cooper

It’s been said there’s an agreed time line so I suppose they will stick to that.
Do you mean said by the CET?
This is their words.
"A timescale for Coventry City’s proposed takeover by businessman Doug King has been agreed and put in place.
CoventryLive understands that the EFL, football club and King are working together to bring the deal to a conclusion, which is hoped to be this week.
Although Sky Blues boss Mark Robins has said he’s keeping his fingers crossed that the takeover gets approval by the football governing body on Tuesday, it’s understood there are still i’s to be dotted and t’s to be crossed, not least on the legal side of things."
The highlighted text seems to contradict that unless a timescale has been agreed but is being kept secret.

Saddlebrains

Do you mean said by the CET?
This is their words.
"A timescale for Coventry City’s proposed takeover by businessman Doug King has been agreed and put in place.
CoventryLive understands that the EFL, football club and King are working together to bring the deal to a conclusion, which is hoped to be this week.
Although Sky Blues boss Mark Robins has said he’s keeping his fingers crossed that the takeover gets approval by the football governing body on Tuesday, it’s understood there are still i’s to be dotted and t’s to be crossed, not least on the legal side of things."
The highlighted text seems to contradict that unless a timescale has been agreed but is being kept secret.

Its all just hope no actial sustenance to the article at all

Users who are viewing this thread