Doug King Takeover (8 Viewers)

chiefdave

Sounds more to me like Robins hoping for the best than him having any info. His actual quote is "Fingers crossed it’s Tuesday, fingers crossed. I don’t know but fingers crossed it’s at the earliest"

We need it, because we dont go any further than this at best under sisu

We will go backwards fast. SISU have clearly had enough and can't / won't put more money in so we'll at best be looking at one out one in or trying to ship out players on wages higher than their performances justify

Brighton Sky Blue

Sounds more to me like Robins hoping for the best than him having any info. His actual quote is "Fingers crossed it’s Tuesday, fingers crossed. I don’t know but fingers crossed it’s at the earliest"

We will go backwards fast. SISU have clearly had enough and can't / won't put more money in so we'll at best be looking at one out one in or trying to ship out players on wages higher than their performances justify
It sounds almost like he has the signings ready to go but it’s being messed up by the delay.

chiefdave

It sounds almost like he has the signings ready to go but it’s being messed up by the delay.
Wasn't there an interview with someone, maybe Boddy, who said they were normally working about 12 months ahead of transfers so there are likely to be people they want and the longer into the window we get the more likely we are to miss out

long way home

The EFL for once seem to be looking hard and with Sisu around it makes sense. Its frustrating for us fans but im sure they are well aware of all. I still think MA is waiting in the wings or may even prefer to deal with King than Sisu which could be one of the same but probably less difficult with King at the other end of the table

GaryPendrysEyes

I suspect an EFL ‘fit and proper’ owner test doesn’t look at that much detail. Although you’d think they’d look at us with as much detail as procedures allow, given our painful history.
I also suspect the length of time is more about the holiday period and staff availability (their staff and whoever they get to run checks).
Generally, the silence of King is worrying. If he thought it was a formality surely he’s be excited and piping up about vision and plans etc…

letsallsingtogether

Years ago I went for an interview at Land Rover heard nothing for three months then got a phone call on a Thursday morning at 7am asking if I could start on Monday...they gave me an hour to confirm!!!.
I Had the same at Magna in Banbury was told I got the job then waited nearly 2 months to hear again about a starting date.

JimmyHillsbeard

You’re interviewed for a job, are offered it. All parties accept terms including salary but HR don’t provide a contract to sign until the very last minute or actually after you’ve technically started.

Happens pretty much all the time in my profession.

slowpoke

As frustrating all this delay is we want it done correct and thorough especially with sisu still hanging onto the shirt tails, got a feeling we will know one way or the other in the next week.

Sbarcher

You’re interviewed for a job, are offered it. All parties accept terms including salary but HR don’t provide a contract to sign until the very last minute or actually after you’ve technically started.

Well, maybe you should think about moving out of HR.

skyblu3sk

Or just refuse to resign until they provide a signed contract.

Macca

I will say this now

However much i dont believe this will happen, i really really hope it does.

We need it, because we dont go any further than this at best under sisu

100% my thoughts on both points. However the takeover is meaningless unless it leads to serious squad improvement. If it happens and it’s all a sham then makes no odds

Happy_Martian

That’s a lot of words but doesn’t change the fact King is unable to arrange a new deal until the takeover is approved. I get you’ve got questions and they’re fair ones, but complaining someone who hasn’t been approved to have significant control over the club hasn’t signed a long term deal on behalf of the club isn’t one of them.

Just read this and first thought was "That's what Fraser Group reportedly did to our licence" and what a lot of speculation here was about at the time of the administration hearing. Different but still very similar.

I know this has been explained to me before but I still can't see why King can't "invest" £25mill in SiSu. SiSu say their investors are private which could protect them, King and the club. Where they use that money is then their decision, not Kings. So if they chose to hand that money over to CCFC for the club to use to their best interest (eg. transfers), everything is above board and legal (to my mind at least).

shmmeee

Just read this and first thought was "That's what Fraser Group reportedly did to our licence" and what a lot of speculation here was about at the time of the administration hearing. Different but still very similar.

I know this has been explained to me before but I still can't see why King can't "invest" £25mill in SiSu. SiSu say their investors are private which could protect them, King and the club. Where they use that money is then their decision, not Kings. So if they chose to hand that money over to CCFC for the club to use to their best interest (eg. transfers), everything is above board and legal (to my mind at least).

Im not sure the EFL would look too kindly on that. Also I get the impression Sisu want out.

Grendel

I assume king or someone is aiding monthly cash flow as the club on average I’d assume is losing half a million a month

skybluetony176

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Interesting that they say it’s a case of getting everything in line rather than waiting for the EFL to rubber stamp it on return from Xmas holidays. I keep bringing it up but Gillinghams takeover was announced almost 2 weeks after ours but rubber stamped by the EFL before Xmas. How come Gillingham and their new owner could get their T’s crossed and I’s dotted but we can’t?

shmmeee

Interesting that they say it’s a case of getting everything in line rather than waiting for the EFL to rubber stamp it on return from Xmas holidays. I keep bringing it up but Gillinghams takeover was announced almost 2 weeks after ours but rubber stamped by the EFL before Xmas. How come Gillingham and their new owner could get their T’s crossed and I’s dotted but we can’t?

Each one is unique isn’t is?

CCFC54321

Years ago I went for an interview at Land Rover heard nothing for three months then got a phone call on a Thursday morning at 7am asking if I could start on Monday...they gave me an hour to confirm!!!.
There interviews are ‘interesting’ You would think they are interviewing for NASA technicians!

ProfessorbyGrace

Would the whole process have gone this far if it wasn’t a legitimate takeover bid?

I imagine it’s probably a more complex agreement, than say, Gillingham. The article says that they’re still ‘crossing i’s and dotting t’s’, so won’t that push the EFL’s approval back further than a week?

Users who are viewing this thread