Doug King Takeover (5 Viewers)

GIMOC

I still don't see why the timescales are a disaster!

the club assumed as per the telegraph article that the deal was getting approved mid december. That wasn’t the case. Boddy then states ‘imminent’ for approval. Not sure what your understanding of ‘imminent’ is?

Ccfc1979

Seems odd to me that no one heard ANYTHING AT ALL about King until the club’s press release the night before the ground court case. No ITK knew anything. So, why would they now know the intricate deadlines and requests of the EFL and whether the club is hiding something or not with regard to it?

Grendel

Seems odd to me that no one heard ANYTHING AT ALL about King until the club’s press release the night before the ground court case. No ITK knew anything. So, why would they now know the intricate deadlines and requests of the EFL and whether the club is hiding something or not with regard to it?

To be fair you’ve sort of answered your own question there

rexo87

Robins said the day before the Reading game in the long press conference on Ifollow that approval was expected on that same day (9th) or the Monday or Tuesday after. Since then we've heard nothing but 'imminent' whenever Robins or Boddy have been asked about it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

The thing that pricked my suspicion at the very start was him being described in the press release as a local businessman. Can’t see anything anywhere to suggest that he is local. One of his business interests is based in Stratford, but that is a stretch to label him a local business man. Mike Ashley has stores all around Coventry and Warwickshire long before he purchased ACL but you wouldn’t describe him as a local businessman. As soon as I read that in the press release I smelled BS. Nothing that’s happened since has changed my mind, if anything the opposite. Until the EFL approves it he hasn’t bought jack and that has hit a rocky patch. It might happen, I really don’t know. SISU has a history of creating fog for misdirection so based on that I’ll believe it when it’s approved.
lol - so date of joining = how long of a fan I’ve been? very good. didn’t realise when joining this forum dictates how long someone been a fan for? Brilliant
Just trying to work it out, no need to take offence and no wasn’t about how long was why you joined and therefore who your source might be or why (more likely) you changed your name. Whats gimoc an anagram of?

skybluetony176

I still don't see why the timescales are a disaster!
I don’t know if disaster is the correct word but when you consider that the Gillingham takeover was announced almost two weeks after ours, was complicated from the start because it required the stadium to be used as security to obtain the necessary funding to complete the takeover and that takeover was completed just before Christmas it doesn’t point to our takeover going smoothly. Considering that the timescale at least on the surface has some relevance.

Sky Blue Pete

Robins said the day before the Reading game in the long press conference on Ifollow that approval was expected on that same day (9th) or the Monday or Tuesday after. Since then we've heard nothing but 'imminent' whenever Robins or Boddy have been asked about it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
And they are annoyed and have asked efl to hurry up please

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t know if disaster is the correct word but when you consider that the Gillingham takeover was announced almost two weeks after ours, was complicated from the start because it required the stadium to be used as security to obtain the necessary funding to complete the takeover and that takeover was completed just before Christmas it doesn’t point to our takeover going smoothly. Considering that the timescale at least on the surface has some relevance.
It’s definitely relevant if not resolved by January

Matt smith

I heard that the deal had stalled at the baggies game. which seems true considering before Swansea game it was a matter of days accordingly to robins and ‘imminent’ according to boddy
Extremely hard to disagree with this comment here.

think the fans deserve some clarity going into the January window

Sky Blue Pete

Extremely hard to disagree with this comment here.

think the fans deserve some clarity going into the January window
From whom?
club and owners are waiting and frustrated at the delqy
Gimoc is saying he’s heard they can’t prove funds
Clint is saying not funds but where they are from (if Saudi blood money ok then don’t know wat that means)
So I’m somewhere between delay and why delay

chiefdave

I heard that the deal had stalled at the baggies game. which seems true considering before Swansea game it was a matter of days accordingly to robins and ‘imminent’ according to boddy
I've read pages of this and I still have no clue what is being claimed. From what various people at the club have said approval of the deal was expected but more information has been asked for which has now been provided

Isn't that essentially the same thing you're claiming? Has your source said the EFL have rejected the takeover or it has collapsed for any other reason

Not really something the club is going to be issuing daily updates on is it? Nobody has even heard of King until the initial statement

Grendel

From whom?
Clint is saying not funds but where they are from (if Saudi blood money ok then don’t know wat that means)

Didn’t you when Ashley was having preferred bid status that the club and the owners were looking to buy the stadium and frustrated that they couldn’t see the accounts?

GIMOC

This is me thinking out loud and nothing concrete but my gut feeling reading between the lines is that POF and source is interlinked and goes back to sisu. Could be way of the mark. Only time will tell. I’m off to the pub anyway.

Grendel

I've read pages of this and I still have no clue what is being claimed. From what various people at the club have said approval of the deal was expected but more information has been asked for which has now been provided

Isn't that essentially the same thing you're claiming? Has your source said the EFL have rejected the takeover or it has collapsed for any other reason

Not really something the club is going to be issuing daily updates on is it? Nobody has even heard of King until the initial statement

no he’s not saying that

Brighton Sky Blue

From whom?
Well because he’s a hedge fund man the money he’s using wouldn’t be his own but that of investors-perhaps he’s had to show there’s enough to be granted over x timeframe.

Users who are viewing this thread