Doug King Takeover (10 Viewers)

Grendel

The offer was £25m subject to due dil.

If it was an attempt to cause mischief it didn’t work very well. I imagine when the bondholders decided to drop charges any hopes were dashed anyway.

Ashley was seemingly the only serious bidder once NEC dropped out. Sisus mistake seems to have been pissing around with Storey and wasting the clubs chance to bid.

What was his motive for making the offer then?

mark82

What was his motive for making the offer then?

Presumably because he wanted to buy it and that was the only way to register an interest at that late stage (although always doomed to fail - which I think even he admitted after the event).

slowpoke

Perhaps a bit of water to go under the bridge yet after 15 years of just about the worst owners possible I can wait a couple of months if needs be so long as we eventually get shut of them and they become a bad memory.

Grendel

Presumably because he wanted to buy it and that was the only way to register an interest at that late stage (although always doomed to fail - which I think even he admitted after the event).

Strange he left it to the last minute

Samo

No absolutely no reason to be interested

Other than the fact that he loves football, he purchased the stadium in which a championship football club play and very recently attempted to buy a championship football club. Other than than that, no, no reason at all.

Saddlebrains

As I say he came across as ITK and now puts his opinion forward as fact in my eyes that would make him look like a bell end as if you are ITK unless you have hard facts you should clarify it's an opinion.

I mean tbf if you cant gather that the stuff I've been saying about the King takeover being a pile of shit is purely opinion id suggest you revisit some comprehension lessons in English

Alkhen

I think the takeover isn’t going to happen and robins might be in the opposite dugout come January the 21st
Matt, it's about time you got rid of the default avatar 'M'. can I suggest the perfect avatar for you is Chicken Little. Fits the constant "the sky is falling in" doom and gloom brand

Attachments

• 89130c8ecb998742bdd832e2c4fbb4f1--obama-phone-school-district.jpg
    89130c8ecb998742bdd832e2c4fbb4f1--obama-phone-school-district.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 35

skyblu3sk

I mean tbf if you cant gather that the stuff I've been saying about the King takeover being a pile of shit is purely opinion id suggest you revisit some comprehension lessons in English

Yeah...

He isnt buying us

It would be if it was a real takeover

Imagine my shock......

Told you all it was a sham.

We're fucked then

Being as King is a load of waffle

No because King isnt buying us
How did I miss the nuances in these... silly me...

Last edited:

alexccfc99

I’m just keeping everything crossed that the reason for the delay is, following the absolute clusterfucks at Bury, Derby, Charlton (countless times) in recent years, for which the EFL attracted lots of criticism - they are just being a lot more stringent in vetting who buys clubs

It only takes a browse on companies house to see that King has been in and around companies that have made some good money, not sure what that will mean for his personal wealth but I don’t buy that SISU have just drafted this bloke in to act as a front for them, what could possibly be in it for DK if that was the case?

Just want an answer be it positive or negative soon so we know where we stand and what to hope for in the rest of the season

kg82

As I say he came across as ITK and now puts his opinion forward as fact in my eyes that would make him look like a bell end as if you are ITK unless you have hard facts you should clarify it's an opinion.
It’s really boring. Every time - “because it’s not happening”, “he’s not taking over”, yawn yawn, fucking yawn. It’s all so he can say “look at me everyone, I told you so” if it doesn’t happen. Proper weird behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread