Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

oldfiver

The king takeover has always looked suspicious

Why would he only acquire 85% and what money is actually changing hands
I can think of viable reasons to retain a minority share - none of them suspicious

And why should anyone outside of the parties involved be made aware of "what money is changing hands"

Sbarcher

I can think of viable reasons to retain a minority share - none of them suspicious

And why should anyone outside of the parties involved be made aware of "what money is changing hands"
The same reason our friends in the NE still have Stewart Donald as a minority shareholder. Doesn't cost a great deal, but great financial rewards if the share is sold following promotion.

Grendel

The same reason our friends in the NE still have Stewart Donald as a minority shareholder. Doesn't cost a great deal, but great financial rewards if the share is sold following promotion.

You don’t need to retain any ownership to have payback

Brighton Sky Blue

The King deal has always seemed a little bit fishy to me. Why now? Why not 6 months ago? I still think Sisu are trying to push the price up and hoping Ashley bites. But like everything they touch it’s all falling apart. I could be wrong but something doesn’t stack up
Well they presumably wanted to see if they had any chance of bagging the stadium on the cheap and once a billionaire arrived on the scene, that disappeared

itsabuzzard

Really? That's a pretty concrete statement in my eyes. He's not stupid.
It's unlikely that he'd have the ultimate say on.player sales. Possibly more a line in the sand so that if SISU decide to cash in, he's off-ski.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

It's unlikely that he'd have the ultimate say on.player sales. Possibly more a line in the sand so that if SISU decide to cash in, he's off-ski.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Yeah, there's zero chance of us moving to Northampton. Zero chance of me getting a decent Christmas present or a pay rise, zero chance of this board being half-sane.

It's a turn of phrase is all, not an absolute this is what will happen!

Sky Blue Harry H

What you would hope is that Doug King will have an 'agreement' with SISU that our 'stars' stay put in the interim.
I'm scratching my head as to how we've managed to end up in a seemingly bigger mess than we were in a few months ago.

The 10 year deal gone, a tenant to a group that could be potentially buying a rival club and a bearded grifter hanging round the club like a bad smell.

As for the Doug King takeover, I was always sceptical it would happen.

a tenant to a group that could be potentially buying a rival club

Missed that bit - which club is that?
Edit: just saw the Sheff Utd comments.
Would be a bit weird - arguably a conflict of interest, in that he could be accused of distressing us deliberately to the advantage of Sheff Utd.

BrisbaneBronco

Ashley could use one of his other entities to buy Sheff Utd. He could also do the same with us and then have us pay an exorbitant amount of rent to Fraser Group. My hope is that there is some truth in his interest in Sheff Utd and that a successful purchase would see him agree to Fraser Group selling stadium to Doug King for a profit.

SkyBlueOz

Its hard knowing who to believe but surely King easily has funds for the club if he was also going to throw 26 mil at the stadium.

slowpoke

Outstanding tax bill paid, wrists have been slapped for the postponements of our three home matches, Doug King at match again Tuesday night looking “glad all over” can’t see anything left to stall this EFL decision and approval any longer so I am looking forward to a happy Christmas once again.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

The King deal has always seemed a little bit fishy to me. Why now? Why not 6 months ago? I still think Sisu are trying to push the price up and hoping Ashley bites. But like everything they touch it’s all falling apart. I could be wrong but something doesn’t stack up
Always felt to me that the King “deal” is about trying to frame the selling price of the club. This guy is willing to clear the debt for a majority share in the club so that’s the value if anyone else wants to buy it. I’ll believe the King deal is legit if and when the EFL ratify it. Until then I’ll remain sceptical.

CCFC54321

Outstanding tax bill paid, wrists have been slapped for the postponements of our three home matches, Doug King at match again Tuesday night looking “glad all over” can’t see anything left to stall this EFL decision and approval any longer so I am looking forward to a happy Christmas once again.
Exactly

Grendel

Think the takeover will be rubber stamped once the final HMRC payment has been cleared.

paid weeks ago apparently

MalcSB

paid weeks ago apparently

Paid yesterday according to the club.

shmmeee

I notice we’re still on the EFL embargo website, now joined by Cardiff. I’m guessing EFL admin doesn’t work particularly quickly, especially at this time of year.

Users who are viewing this thread