Doncaster Rovers (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Mowbray should have used subs today, team were completely spent of energy in the last 10 minutes.

Grendel

Dont really agree RCC has had nothing to do over the last few weeks, yet has let in some real soft goals I.know he is liked on here but he is .ot that much better then Burge

He's a lot better than Burge. Burge is technically very poor.

Evo1883

Not going to select certain individual players for criticism ..i will just say that we threw that away ourselves today .
Doncaster looked decent at times , quite dangerous on the attack and we looked like we never left 3rd gear all match .
Glad we have a break now tbh

SkyBlue_Bear83

Charles-Cook is more talented than Burge but needs to iron out the bad habits if he wants to make the step up to the next level.

Grendel

Actually, you are right, Stokes is not a footballers arse... You fuck off.

You can't even use the quote buttons properly. Stokes had an average game today. He's an ever present in a team managed by a manager who I suspect knows a thing or two.

Change your username to andythorn as you seem to know zilch about football.

covmark

Did you follow the match at all?!

Tactically, he underestimated them. Yes, we gifted them two goals, but we were poor today.

Bit of a pointless objection, that.
It wasn't an objection you uptight prick. It was a question. I wasn't at the game due to work, so I followed it on here. You said TM underestimated Donny, you mentioned fuck all about tactics.

Astute

Dont really agree RCC has had nothing to do over the last few weeks, yet has let in some real soft goals I.know he is liked on here but he is not that much better then Burge

Absolute bollocks. Even the Bradford supporters were full of praise for him. Caught everything even under pressure. It is easy to have a mare in shite weather. But no let us write him off. Nearly as bad as Burge? I get it. You are on the windup.

letsallsingtogether

But in fairness made a great save in the first half. Then second half had a shocker.

Yes he is ai good shot stopper as is Burge just dont think Burge is as bad as Gendal does.

letsallsingtogether

Absolute bollocks. Even the Bradford supporters were full of praise for him. Caught everything even under pressure. It is easy to have a mare in shite weather. But no let us write him off. Nearly as bad as Burge? I get it. You are on the windup.

Did you go to Bradford I.did, he had one save to make all game.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Feels like a defeat, but I'll take our unbeaten run as a positive.

Made all our own problems, too many players looked knackered over the 90 - this 2 week break will be much needed for a number of them, and the time to regroup will be invaluable over the season.

Was typing on my phone for the second goal (grrr), but the way it came about, from what I did see, we have been pushing our luck all season with play like that (or strangely since RCC came in as I think we'd have cost ourselves points long before now if we played that tippy tappy football with Burge in goal) and today it did! All involved need a proper bollocking over that goal!

Fortunately both keepers had a mare, but will have moments like that. No keeper ever goes a season without having one. Let's hope that is RCC's out the way

Grendel

Other than his dubious tactics of flicking the ball to full backs he made one major error. It's pretty dumb to want to drop him for one bad 45 minutes

Still I'm in a bar with the CCFC inteligenta and one guy behind me suggests he's like "fucking Clayton Ince" all black keepers are shit.

Bad times.

jimmyhill

You can't even use the quote buttons properly. Stokes had an average game today. He's an ever present in a team managed by a manager who I suspect knows a thing or two.

Change your username to andythorn as you seem to know zilch about football.
Sorry, but if that was an average performance, then you have never kicked a ball. He didn't tackle, got caught out of position and couldn't pick a cross. Other than that he was great you argumentative twat!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Dont really agree RCC has had nothing to do over the last few weeks, yet has let in some real soft goals I.know he is liked on here but he is not that much better then Burge

that closing line is, In the words of Astute, 'absolute bollocks'.

I'm all for people having opinions, but parts of me feel this the comment of a WUM (could be wrong of course :D)

Gazolba

I think most of us expected a win, so it's 2 points and a chance to pull away at the top missed. But we are still top and unbeaten at home so it's not the end of the world. We need to win our next game though to maintain our position.

D

Deleted member 2477

Astute is just saying it as it is. Rcc had a poor game but you cant say hes crap on one game just like people got on the back of burge after one game

nicksig

Disppointing to give away the lead twice but we've not been beaten in the league now for some time. We just need to find our top gear again and stop giving away silly goals

Astute

Did you go to Bradford I.did, he had one save to make all game.

Yes I did. Or do you think that a GK'S game is all about saves and mistakes? Did you close your eyes each time a high ball came into our area? How about the dive he did to stop a player being through with an open goal putting the ball out for a throw. He caught the ball each time under pressure.

They rated him so highly that some put him on a par with their own GK. And they think he is the muts nuts.

Grendel

Sorry, but if that was an average performance, then you have never kicked a ball. He didn't tackle, got caught out of position and couldn't pick a cross. Other than that he was great you argumentative twat!

So Mowbray is clueless for playing him every week? He is clueless compared to your footballing knowledge?

No I thought not

Crawl back into the hole you came from

Otis

I'm quite happy today. Yes, we could have lost, but we could just have easily have won too. Lots of opportunities for us to kill the game off (the Armstrong one on one, Murphy through on goal on the left and the ball across that their defender somehow managed to clear in front of Armstrong on the 6 yard line).

We didn't lose, unbeaten run coninues and we remain at the top of the table. It was an awful mistake by Fleck at a time where we looked the more like to score the next goal. These things happen, we need to move on.

How can we complain too much? We are top of the league!!!!!

Otis

So Mowbray is clueless for playing him every week? He is clueless compared to your footballing knowledge?

No I thought not

That's a bit unfair. the bloke has Altzheimer's. Unless of course he isn't Jimmy Hill.

mrtrench

It was a mixture of the sublime and the rediculous for me. Long spells of losing the ball cheaply and several moments of great football. Fleck was outstanding apart from the mistake. Didn't think much of Kent though.

MatthewWallis

Too much pissing around in defence with passing it around the back. So frustrating not to win today but we're still top so happy days

I think we need a better LB than Stokes. He's by no means the worst we've ever had but he's too slow and for me seems like he doesn't ever want to tackle.

jimmyhill

No I thought not

Yes I am clueless compared to Mowbray, you are just clueless. I suspect that you are the reason XXXL sports shirts came about.

Otis

It was a mixture of the sublime and the rediculous for me. Long spells of losing the ball cheaply and several moments of great football. Fleck was outstanding apart from the mistake. Didn't think much of Kent though.

Really? I thought Kent was a threat all game and constantly had the beating of their left back. Just his final ball let's him down, but I thought he was very dangerous and he opened up their defence to give our other attacking players space on numerous occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread