Doncaster Rovers (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

This pissing around at the back with rcc keep playing it out to defenders will cost us more points if it dont stop. Its been obvious for the last few games now and only started when he replaced burge. Hes got away with it until today and it lost us the game

Otis

This pissing around at the back with rcc keep playing it out to defenders will cost us more points if it dont stop. Its been obvious for the last few games now and only started when he replaced burge. Hes got away with it until today and it lost us the game

Except we didn't lose. ;)

You weren't Maureen on the post game phone in were you?

Grendel

Yes I am clueless compared to Mowbray, you are just clueless. I suspect that you are the reason XXXL sports shirts came about.

Well your are an XXXL moron and your attempts at a pit down are of the size zero variety.

Keep trying though - it's amusing.

mrtrench

Really? I thought Kent was a threat all game and constantly had the beating of their left back. Just his final ball let's him down, but I thought he was very dangerous and he opened up their defence to give our other attacking players space on numerous occasions.

Well yes, if he'd ever done something with the ball after he'd beaten the left back he'd have been brilliant. However by the second half I was wondering why he didn't just kick it into touch and save ten seconds.

Otis

Well yes, if he'd ever done something with the ball after he'd beaten the left back he'd have been brilliant. However by the second half I was wondering why he didn't just kick it into touch and save ten seconds.

But as I say, his beating of the left back then allowed space for the rest of our attack and it did lead to good opportunities on a few occasions. If he had wasted everything I would be more inclined to agree.

letsallsingtogether

that closing line is, In the words of Astute, 'absolute bollocks'.

I'm all for people having opinions, but parts of me feel this the comment of a WUM (could be wrong of course :D)

Me WUM never
But at the end of the day it is all about opinions.

stupot07

Well you think Stokes is a footballer and I'm amusing. Nuff said.

Tbf, there's been nothing wrong with stokes this season, today he was poor but he has had a number of excellent performances this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Tbf, there's been nothing wrong with stokes this season, today he was poor but he has had a number of excellent performances this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Tbf they were all a bit off par today played really flat kept pissing about passing from side to side in our own area, but hey bad day at the office let's hope we learn from this and not fall from grace.....

PUSB

D

Deleted member 4439

What did he say?

Being top of the table I think teams are changing the way they play and prepare against us. They might play one way for three weeks and then change it all for us. “But the important thing is to focus on your own players and what we can do.
“Donny have been playing three at the back but maybe they will thinking of changing that to deal with our threats.
“We are all respectful of the opposition. Darren Ferguson is a very good coach and they’ll be a good football team.

Suggested to me the focus was more on playing our game than planning for the opposition.

No complaints though.

mechaishida

It wasn't an objection you uptight prick. It was a question. I wasn't at the game due to work, so I followed it on here. You said TM underestimated Donny, you mentioned fuck all about tactics.

I thought it was pretty obvious that's what I meant. I followed the game on here too, and made a criticism based on what I'd observed; I might be wrong, might be right, but since another poster has said that TM had ''not researched Doncaster all that much", the fact he bollocksed up tactically kind of rings true.

You're the one fishing for an argument, pal, all I did was point out the obvious to you. I think we're all a bit fucked off that we didn't win today, but I'm not taking it out on anyone but the wife. ;)

Last edited:

DRFC2

Donny were really off form today, what was wrong with your lot? How did you get to the top of the league? The ref today really tried to help you out but you still didn't do much. We've played better teams in the bottom half of the division and I thought we'd be under the cosh today. It's a funny old game this football, poor teams at the top of the league, it couldn't happen in any other sport.

Good luck, you'll need it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Donny were really off form today, what was wrong with your lot? How did you get to the top of the league? The ref today really tried to help you out but you still didn't do much. We've played better teams in the bottom half of the division and I thought we'd be under the cosh today. It's a funny old game this football, poor teams at the top of the league, it couldn't happen in any other sport.

lol

covmark

Cool story bro

DazzleTommyDazzle

i like him.

he's silly

Otis

Yep, cos obviously the performance we put in today we put in every single game. That's the way football works.

James Smith

It sounds like we lost a 2 goal advantage and didn't recover the upper hand. On the plus side we're still top and have a good goal difference although 5-1 doesn't help. Thank goodness Gillingham drew as well.

Otis

It sounds like we lost a 2 goal advantage and didn't recover the upper hand. On the plus side we're still top and have a good goal difference although 5-1 doesn't help. Thank goodness Gillingham drew as well.
We only ever had a one goal advantage.

D

Deleted member 2477

Hes come on here as their own forum has nothing on it. Must be a boring life in Doncaster supporting a team who think theyve won the cup final drawing 2-2 and having a fans forum with no fans to talk to

D

Deleted member 4439

oh, you card, you.

On which, how do you manage to find enough players each week to make a team, with all them yellow cards? You dirty, dirty northerners.

dirty northerners.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DRFC2

I'll think twice the next time you deluded lot want support against that SISU mob. Your as bad as those louts from Leeds.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Come on an opposition board to troll and then be surprised when you aren't greeted with warm welcome and open arms. Not the brightest chap are you but suppose in Doncaster you are probably in the upper quartile for IQ given you can write a sentence.

torchomatic

I'll think twice the next time you deluded lot want support against that SISU mob. Your as bad as those louts from Leeds.
I thought Donny looked decent today and were unlucky not to win after hittin the bar. We were off our game though today. Then again if we can perform below our usual standards and still avoid defeat then I'm happy.

As for RCC, LAST is having a laugh he's far superior to Burge.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Macca

We weren't sad enough to sign up to other teams forums and troll about it though

I think the point is valid. They came down here expecting a tough day and found us giving out presents.
Last week I expected a tough game against Gills and they didn't turn up,
Shows should never take form or league position as a gimme

D

Deleted member 4439

Quite surprised at that, never realised they got that many cards. Didn't feel a particularly dirty match nor was I watching them thinking they were a dirty side.

To be fair, they were more 'disruptive' than old fashioned 'break ya legs'. Effective, but dirty nevertheless: broke up several good runs on goal. (The Gills could probably learn from them...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread