Does a Stadium Solution exist? (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
not really we were pissed but he said that many dont think they will remain in coventry long.

what that means for ccfc i do not know. league 2 promotion took my mind off the shit situations we are in but now we back to being crap again i worry lol

Did you have to eat the soggy biscuit?

Magwitch

Wasps leaving Cov or even going to the wall doesn’t mean sisu could then acquire the Ricoh others might be interested
If that's the case then SISU's continued use of pursuing legal challenges makes perfect sense. Distress the owners of the lease to the point they fold & be the only option for the Ricoh to have any resident sporting club.
If Wasps went to the wall who would sisu pursue in court ? Also I believe the Ricoh Arena is profitable if so there could be more than sisu interested in taking it on should it ever become available

Colin Steins Smile

Wasps leaving Cov or even going to the wall doesn’t mean sisu could then acquire the Ricoh others might be interested

If Wasps went to the wall who would sisu pursue in court ? Also I believe the Ricoh Arena is profitable if so there could be more than sisu interested in taking it on should it ever become available
I agree, whilst I interpreted the actions of SISU I don’t believe they are correct.
Given SISUs track record in litigation there is no evidence that their actions will create the outcomes they desire. They may be able to increase pressure on Wasps, as part of a number of variable factors that lead to their business model failing.
However, I cannot see CCC giving SISU a lease to run the RIcoh, as they may question what the benefit for the club might be commercially. There would be suspicion that profits would be channeled elsewhere.
CCC would probably negotiate a tenancy and appoint an operator from one of the big 6 leisure providers to run the facility on a stripped back business plan In conjunction with a promoter linked to events, concerts and corporate activities.

chiefdave

There may be but if the council run and open and transparent sale process with everyone bidding on the same thing at least we have a chance. Got to be better than secret deals for things never made available to the football club.

GaryJones

not really we were pissed but he said that many dont think they will remain in coventry long.

what that means for ccfc i do not know. league 2 promotion took my mind off the shit situations we are in but now we back to being crap again i worry lol
Another promotion (or 2) would really increase the pressure as we would suddenly be awash with riches!
Excuse me - I nodded off there for a second!

Magwitch

There may be but if the council run and open and transparent sale process with everyone bidding on the same thing at least we have a chance. Got to be better than secret deals for things never made available to the football club.
What would the Arena being available to do with the Council isn’t their property anymore is it ?

chiefdave

What would the Arena being available to do with the Council isn’t their property anymore is it ?
They are still the freeholder. Wasps go bust the lease will revert back to them. As unhinged as our council can be even they aren't stupid enough to have not included an insolvency clause in the lease.

Users who are viewing this thread