Does a Stadium Solution exist? (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

I’m told they scraped a win last week against a shit team and whacked this week. Early days but I predicted a long hard season for them.

Irish Sky Blue

It will be interesting to see how loyal their fan base will be if they start losing. If they were in the third tier of English rugby would they have our average of 10kish? I don’t think so. They need to go home to their own fans.

clint van damme

I would also worry about where we are playing if the court case isn’t settled. The guy from Wasps was pretty definite that no deal would happen if the legal action continued. It is hard to see where we would play if the Ricoh is closed to us. Nuneaton is perhaps the likeliest place but a lot of work would need to be done I would think for it to meet League standards.

I'm not sure that's right mate, (see my post 53 in this thread), though I'm not saying it's incorrect either.

Warwickhunt

Wasps are potentially on the verge of a £20-£30 million windfall.
That Premiership Rugby deal is virtually dropping out of its arse according to news yesterday

GaryJones

Not sure who I dislike the most
Sisu for screwing up the opportunity they had to buy half the stadium right at the start and mismanaging the club and everything else they touched or The Council for selling the stadium to an out of town sporting franchise thus undermining the existing Coventry rugby club & football club or Wasps for simply existing!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Sisu for screwing up the opportunity they had to buy half the stadium right at the start or The Council for selling the stadium to an out of town sporting franchise thus undermining the existing Coventry rugby club & football club or Wasps for simply existing!
giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Sisu for screwing up the opportunity they had to buy half the stadium right at the start and mismanaging the club and everything else they touched or The Council for selling the stadium to an out of town sporting franchise thus undermining the existing Coventry rugby club & football club or Wasps for simply existing!
There was never an opportunity to that extent. The council intention until 2014 was that they'd retain their stake in ACL.

Irish Sky Blue

Without Sisu and the way they went about things, there would be no Wasps at the Ricoh. They were and continue to be at the heart of our problems.

GaryJones

See Wasps are now looking at moving the training base to Old Leamingtons ground now.
Not surprised that they are looking outside Coventry - that's their usual MO.
Who are Wasps anyway London Wasps, Coventry Wasps or will it be Leamington Wasps?
I cannot abide these franchise sports teams!
Revealed: Where Wasps hope to build new training ground

GaryJones

Yeah
Who are Wasps ? they are a business running that business as they think is best for them
Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah - they are a sporting club that have no historical link to the city where they ply their trade.
They expect to just slot in to Coventry and hope everyone accepts them. Riding roughshod over a club in the Butts that have been here for generations in the process!
To make matters worse they were facilitated and helped by our very own Coventry City Council!

Last edited:

clint van damme

Probably best to hate them all equally. Just to be on the safe side.

David O'Day

Best solution is to wait until London Wasps go bust and then but the stadium of the administrators

CCFC54321

Best solution is to wait until London Wasps go bust and then but the stadium of the administrators
This training ground issue has gone on for a long time with the Leamington rugby club (best part of a year) so it’s not new news at all. Wasps can’t afford that either by the looks of it hence the delay?

I’ve also heard from a very good source that the Ricoh could/is open to offers. I think wasps are putting in contingency plans for the worst.

David O'Day

This training ground issue has gone on for a long time with the Leamington rugby club (best part of a year) so it’s not new news at all. Wasps can’t afford that either by the looks of it hence the delay?

I’ve also heard from a very good source that the Ricoh could/is open to offers. I think wasps are putting in contingency plans for the worst.
Not by it from them mate, pick it from their rotting corpses as they slide into liquidation

Sbarcher

Wasps do not “own” the Ricoh, merely rent on a very long lease. If Wasps reneged on their tenancy agreement then it would revert back to CCC. We would then need to negotiate with them.

shmmeee

Wasps do not “own” the Ricoh, merely rent on a very long lease. If Wasps reneged on their tenancy agreement then it would revert back to CCC. We would then need to negotiate with them.

Your first mistake was expecting the frothers to make sense. Wasps are SBTs own Poes Law: as the thread length increases so does the chance of them being mentioned and as soon as they are mentioned the thread is a write off.

Grendel

It also reverts back to its original lease and would bleed money. It’s unlikekybti happen but if it did ACL would be a very cheap purchase indeed.

Grendel

Your first mistake was expecting the frothers to make sense. Wasps are SBTs own Poes Law: as the thread length increases so does the chance of them being mentioned and as soon as they are mentioned the thread is a write off.

Surely it’s Poe’s law?

Colin Steins Smile

It also reverts back to its original lease and would bleed money. It’s unlikekybti happen but if it did ACL would be a very cheap purchase indeed.
If that's the case then SISU's continued use of pursuing legal challenges makes perfect sense. Distress the owners of the lease to the point they fold & be the only option for the Ricoh to have any resident sporting club.

How much would you think it would cost CCFC or our owners, also do you think the council would now do business with SISU.
Why do you think it wouldn’t happen?
Sorry lots of questions

CCFC54321

Whilst Wasps finances show signs of serious fracture and looking like they could potentially fold/move back to London etc etc I think this will give SISU more appetite to stay around. There like vultures in the sky over Wasps ready to pick the bones of anything left over.

covcity4life

Just because someone you meet on Grinder tells you they're a professional rugby player doesn't mean they are.

In all seriousness, hope you're right, did he elaborate?
not really we were pissed but he said that many dont think they will remain in coventry long.

what that means for ccfc i do not know. league 2 promotion took my mind off the shit situations we are in but now we back to being crap again i worry lol

Users who are viewing this thread