Does a Stadium Solution exist? (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

Time is ticking and at the end of this season we may not have a home.
Is there a quick "damage limitation" solution to this problem?
I suspect that another 1 year extension might be granted in order to allow legal procedures to conclude and to keep the status quo until we get to a point of no return or we finally sort out a permanent solution.
Any chance we could get 2 promotions in quick succession and blow the Wasps out of the nest?

Covstu

Inevitable for another extension although it would be great if SISU won the court case and kicked them out or fucked off themselves.

Would be nice to get a more permanent solution joking aside as this is becoming tiresome

Nick

Administrator
Inevitable for another extension although it would be great if SISU won the court case and kicked them out or fucked off themselves.

Would be nice to get a more permanent solution joking aside as this is becoming tiresome

I'm not sure there will be anything long term, probably just year on year.

Although as we have seen since Boddy has been in and Fisher has stepped aside things seem to be getting sorted, the academy for example.

Monners

Yeah - the Academy getting sorted is key, the stadium deals as likely to limp on year by year for the time being

luwalla

Tim is on it.

he'd located a site & had prelimary planning permission granted about 5 years ago... so I'm sure its all been happening behind the scenes & by the end of this season there will be a grand unveiling of our new home... There is a whisper that its been happening below a big camouflage canvas, like the ones you put round your wheelie bin!

Last edited:

Greggs

Pitch will start to get knackered now the eggers season has started

joemercersaces

In the news that a company called CVC who previously got involved with Formula 1, have bid 275 million to take over Premiership Rugby. The day that the deal is signed there’s 17 million per club. I imagine most are desperate for the cash, especially our parasitical landlords, and such a cash windfall could scupper our hopes of them going bust!

skybluetony176

A rolling one year deal is about as permanent as it will get while court action is ongoing. Once SISU have lost it wouldn’t surprise me if they signed a longer term deal ahead of selling up.

Nick

Administrator
A rolling one year deal is about as permanent as it will get while court action is ongoing. Once SISU have lost it wouldn’t surprise me if they signed a longer term deal ahead of selling up.

Would probably make it more saleable with a rolling 1 year deal.

If for example a Hoffman figure rolled up they would probably get better terms rather than locked into a long term thing.

skybluetony176

Would probably make it more saleable with a rolling 1 year deal.

If for example a Hoffman figure rolled up they would probably get better terms rather than locked into a long term thing.

Possibly. But I think that would have to be because whoever takes us over has the ability to deliver a permanent stadium solution ie a new stadium.

I think anyone who doesn’t have that ability (and let’s face it, that’s the more likely scenario) is probably going to have a long term deal at the Ricoh one way or another. Not sure if a ten year deal for example would make us less sellable when you consider the owner pool we’re likely to be swimming in. If signing a bit of paper gets SISU a couple of more quid they’d sign a deal I would think.

GaryJones

I spoke to Boddy a couple of weeks ago and he said that September was the month that he is turning his attention to the stadium deal with a view to moving things forward if possible.
His hands might be tied somewhat so not holding my breath but he seems to be a guy who does what he says.
I fear that darker forces might be at work though given that the legal action is still live - I do have faith that Boddy will do his best though & good luck to him.

bawtryneal

If the CVC potential takover of the Rugby Premiership happens that will play a major part in Wasps future finances and stance on the Ricoh.
If the takeover happens Wasps and most of the other top clubs will suddenly be potentially many millions of pounds better off. If it doesn't happen they could be in deep trouble.

GaryJones

Apparently only Exeter Rugby Club made any profit last season - the rest including Wasps lost money.

shmmeee

Worse than Brexit this. At least we know come next March something will happen there.

Bored now. Shit or get off the pot time. We arent selling so what it does for the value of the club is irrelevant. It’s clearly all down to the legals.

CCFC54321

In the news that a company called CVC who previously got involved with Formula 1, have bid 275 million to take over Premiership Rugby. The day that the deal is signed there’s 17 million per club. I imagine most are desperate for the cash, especially our parasitical landlords, and such a cash windfall could scupper our hopes of them going bust!
Not sure £17m each club will change the face of rugby. It’ll certainly help but only give the loss making clubs a breather for a couple of years. They may actually start getting greedier and dig a financial hole they can’t get out of. I don’t wish wasps a total collapse but there financial situation is a mess and they can’t continue as they are without being funded. Something that there chairman won’t want to do as that was part of the reason to the move to the Ricoh!

GaryJones

Got to say that I wouldn’t mind a total collapse of Wasps!
Sounds great - they have no history in Coventry and no historic loyal local fan base so people would get over it - no problem.

stupot07

No need to panic, another short term agreement will be agreed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

A short deal is better than a bad deal.

We send £1.2m a year to the council, let’s spend it on players instead.

fernandopartridge

Not sure £17m each club will change the face of rugby. It’ll certainly help but only give the loss making clubs a breather for a couple of years. They may actually start getting greedier and dig a financial hole they can’t get out of. I don’t wish wasps a total collapse but there financial situation is a mess and they can’t continue as they are without being funded. Something that there chairman won’t want to do as that was part of the reason to the move to the Ricoh!
It'll just inflate wages to the detriment of the game as a whole, just like football

GaryJones

Got to say that I wouldn’t mind a total collapse of Wasps!
Sounds great - they have no history in Coventry and no historic loyal local fan base so people would get over it - no problem.
Plus they (Wasps) are trying to corrupt the kids of Coventry by pretending that the rugby they play is entertainment when it’s clearly nothing of the sort.
No atmosphere - No passion built on history - No place in Coventry!
If you want to support and watch rugby go and support the real local club with a rich local history at The Butts Stadium!

CCFC54321

There cutting there squad back as well due to costs so it’ll be interesting how they finish this season (mid table?) as I really believe this is the slow decline for them.

Let’s be honest has the move to Coventry really worked for them?

CCFC54321

Plus they (Wasps) are trying to corrupt the kids of Coventry by pretending that the rugby they play is entertainment when it’s clearly nothing of the sort.
No atmosphere - No passion built on history - No place in Coventry!
If you want to support and watch rugby go and support the real local club with a rich local history at The Butts Stadium!
I don’t see the kids of Coventry have taken to wasps. Any decent parent from Coventry would educate there child on this early on.

You can give the tickets away like they do but nobody will come back to pay to watch it would they?

SkyblueBazza

I don’t see the kids of Coventry have taken to wasps. Any decent parent from Coventry would educate there child on this early on.

Why stop there? Teach them to be intolerant of muslims, gays, blacks, women too maybe??? That kinda path is where all discrimination can start &/or fester.
Very bad idea imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread