Do you want to discuss boring politics? (12 Viewers)

PVA

Which inquiry?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The one where, when questioned under oath, it was perfectly acceptable to say you can't remember anything about it, or to say that you lost all messages during that time (only to post one for the world to see a few days later).

Last edited:

skybluetony176

The one where, when questioned under oath, it was perfectly acceptable to say you can't remember anything about it, or to say that you lost all messages during that time (only to post one for the world to see a few days later).
Didn’t government lawyers draft the paperwork that he’d lost his phone? The pack is falling and it’s infighting that’s doing it. Hilarious.

fernandopartridge

The statement he made under oath was for a claim in the high court against DHSC in relation to a breach of PCR2015 wasn't it?

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

I think using Mrs Mone as a member of the prosecution is on somewhat flaky ground

fernandopartridge

Didn’t government lawyers draft the paperwork that he’d lost his phone? The pack is falling and it’s infighting that’s doing it. Hilarious.
Government lawyers are independent of the government, I wouldn't blame them for submitting a statement to court he'll have made a statement of truth on.

PVA

The statement he made under oath was for a claim in the high court against DHSC in relation to a breach of PCR2015 wasn't it?

Yes, seems you are correct.

But the fact remains he said he no longer had messages from that time period when he was being questioned over potentially dodgy PPE contracts. But has miraculously found them two years later to try an bury someone else.

fernandopartridge

Yes, seems you are correct.

But the fact remains he said he no longer had messages from that time period when he was being questioned over potentially dodgy PPE contracts. But has miraculously found them two years later to try an bury someone else.
To be honest it doesn't matter as apparently statements to the COVID inquiry are made under oath in the same way that they are to the High Court. I'd say he should be done for perjury if the messages are from the same phone he claims to have lost.

David O'Day

Lord Bethell is likely to get called to the inquiry anyway as he was an important minister during the crisis so we will get tp see him try and explain this,

Grendel

No prosecution needed, he exposed himself as a liar. Monumentally stupid.

There doesn’t even need to a prosecution? No trial? Just lock him up?

PVA

To be honest it doesn't matter as apparently statements to the COVID inquiry are made under oath in the same way that they are to the High Court. I'd say he should be done for perjury if the messages are from the same phone he claims to have lost.

Yes agreed.

Grendel

PVA

If any business or organisation had so many people accused of sexual misconduct it'd (rightly) be a national scandal, there'd be inquiries and investigations, and the organisation would be brought to its knees.

Yet the fucking government is full of them and it's just the norm these days.

Absolutely bonkers really.

Terry Gibson's perm

If I was Mone or her old man and thinking of taking a few down I wouldn’t go out on the boat too often the edges are notoriously slippy and probably not wise to go for a walk in the park either.

SBT

So, is the US moving towards a civil uprising? Trump out?
Huh? Trump is off the ballot in Colorado, but even if the Supreme Court don’t overturn the state’s decision (remember he appointed 3 of the 7 justices) then it likely won’t have any impact on either the Republican primary (which he will win anyway) or the general (where he was unlikely to win Colorado anyway).

CCFCSteve

Lying c**t.

It won't matter of course. The whole inquiry was pretty pointless really let's be honest.

Not the brightest are they ?!

ps some good news. Think I mentioned last week 10 year bond yields, which lenders use as one of the barometers for mortgages, already dropping loads recently (now around 3.5%), BoE also more likely to reduce rate sooner than expected if inflation stays on this trajectory. Mortgage/lending rates should drop a bit next near. Also usually good for shares etc….well until possible/likely recession hits

shmmeee

What price a Trump win and a surprise Tory majority in 2025. 20
Not the brightest are they ?!

ps some good news. Think I mentioned last week 10 year bond yields, which lenders use as one of the barometers for mortgages, already dropping loads recently (now around 3.5%), BoE also more likely to reduce rate sooner than expected if inflation stays on this trajectory. Mortgage/lending rates should drop a bit next near. Also usually good for shares etc….well until possible/likely recession hits

I just fixed mine for two years so of course this happens.

You’re welcome everybody.

CCFCSteve

What price a Trump win and a surprise Tory majority in 2025. 20

I just fixed mine for two years so of course this happens.

You’re welcome everybody.

Sorry to hear that. Always the case isn’t it. To be fair, if inflation re-accelerates might still be a good move. Don’t see rates plummeting next year anyway, they should drop a bit though

skybluetony176

Sorry to hear that. Always the case isn’t it. To be fair, if inflation re-accelerates might still be a good move. Don’t see rates plummeting next year anyway, they should drop a bit though
We’re currently heading towards another Suez crisis with carriers avoiding the Red Sea due to attacks on shipping from Yemen. BP diverting tankers around Africa so it’s not a stretch to see fuel at the pump going up in the new year with the knock on effect going to affect everything else. We’re net importers and with other shipping lines doing the same there could well be a period of shortages and the extra cost of taking the long route being passed down to consumers. All a knock on effect from the Israel’s war in Gaza, rebels from Yemen are attacking international shipping in solidarity with Palestinians. Actually quite a good tactic in some respects, watch the international community pile the pressure on Israel now. Children dying in their thousands through indiscriminate bombing, knock yourselves out. Wait, what, it’s effecting us directly. You must stop now.

Users who are viewing this thread