Do you want to discuss boring politics? (10 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The laws should be stricter on politicians. The fuckers are supposed to referent us and they just act the twat.

As I've said before politicians should be the early adopters of rules they make and should be expected to uphold them to the highest degree.

Instead they ride roughshod over them or make themselves exempt entirely.

If you're not going to follow the law you should have no place in making them.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ports across Pacific and Atlantic log jammed and over capacity. No bog roll to be found in the USA. French shortages worsening by the day. Germany fearing a bottleneck recession. Spanish youth unemployment over 30%......bloody Brexit.:cool:

Grendel

Ports across Pacific and Atlantic log jammed and over capacity. No bog roll to be found in the USA. French shortages worsening by the day. Germany fearing a bottleneck recession. Spanish youth unemployment over 30%......bloody Brexit.:cool:

Ten seconds surely before Tony is on this one

PVA

Yet we have all of those at once. We'd all swap just toilet paper shortage for what we have going on. Bloody Brexit 😎

Was being worse off than all major players at once on the side of the bus? Can't remember.

Last edited:

wingy

Well IDK but if Europe is snowed under why are companies unloading over there instead of waiting a week at Felixstowe?

Philosorapter

I think Labour is now waiting for the results of the Unison labour link elections.

There will be a huge power shift within Labour if the left wins it.

Philosorapter

Its also double what every other pollster is getting.

Seat projection from this latest poll puts Labour on 8 seats worse than the 2019 General Election, and the worse set of results since 1935.

Philosorapter

Meanwhile in Scotland

Aberdeen Labour, the ones that got suspended from the Labour party for going into a council alliance with the tory's instead of the SNP have been told that their suspension was factional and they are having a vote to see if they are going to be reinstated.

Expect Labour to be out of power in Scotland for decades to come.

Last edited:

Astute

Meanwhile in Scotland

Aberdeen Labour, the ones that got suspended from the Labour party for going into a council alliance with the tory's instead of the SNP have been told that their suspension was factional and they are having a vote to see if they are going to be reinstated.

Expect Labour to be out of power in Scotland for decades to come.

Wee Krankie is the same as Boris. Most people don't want them in power but the rest of the votes are shared between too many parties.

CCFCSteve

Labour are never getting back in are they.

It’s been said numerous times before, three years is a long time in politics. Watch the Blair and Brown doc for proof. Anything could happen.

I can still see Labour possibly getting into power with minority government/coalition with Lib Dems and Greens and with more informal vote by vote agreement with SNP

If Scotland voted independent then that’s a massive issue though.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s been said numerous times before, three years is a long time in politics. Watch the Blair and Brown doc for proof. Anything could happen.

I can still see Labour possibly getting into power with minority government/coalition with Lib Dems and Greens and with more informal vote by vote agreement with SNP

Not going to happen, England seems destined to be a Tory rump as the working classes culturally have realigned with the Tories and too many in middle England see Labour as a threat rather than an opportunity. Wales will stay as it is, Scotland thanks to the electoral maths will go sooner or later and in any case Labour aren’t even the opposition.

Just feel more out of place in this country the more time goes on.

CCFCSteve

Not going to happen, England seems destined to be a Tory rump as the working classes culturally have realigned with the Tories and too many in middle England see Labour as a threat rather than an opportunity. Wales will stay as it is, Scotland thanks to the electoral maths will go sooner or later and in any case Labour aren’t even the opposition.

Just feel more out of place in this country the more time goes on.

No point worrying about it until next election. As I say, times change. Biggest issue Labour have got is Johnson appears to be relatively big state....well at the moment. If Labour try to move to the left of that I agree with you, they’ll struggle but as I’ve said before they are likely to compete on competence.

Depending on split of left vote in certain constituencies Lib Dems could pick up a some Tory seats as well

Astute

Can't see Scotland voting for independence. It is a case of those shouting the loudest getting heard but they are not stupid. They are not financially self sufficient these days. It would also be difficult for them to rejoin the EU even if they were wanted. Would we need a solid border? Would they have to change from the GBP?

CCFCSteve

Can't see Scotland voting for independence. It is a case of those shouting the loudest getting heard but they are not stupid. They are not financially self sufficient these days. It would also be difficult for them to rejoin the EU even if they were wanted. Would we need a solid border? Would they have to change from the GBP?

Agree, logically it doesn’t make sense but she’ll play on emotion and worry about the rest later (EU vote on steroids !!!). I agree, they’re more likely to remain though but again, a lot depends on timing

hill83

Good old Astute

homer-skipping.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

A lot of the same arguments that were used for Brexit. Do not underestimate what a bit of jingoistic tubthumping can do.

skybluetony176

There’s actually a very reasonable argument that once Northern Ireland leave the UK Scotland follows. And given how that’s going to increase the EU’s territorial waters I would think that the EU would bend over backwards to make it happen.

Brighton Sky Blue

There’s actually a very reasonable argument that once Northern Ireland leave the UK Scotland follows. And given how that’s going to increase the EU’s territorial waters I would think that the EU would bend over backwards to make it happen.

Once one goes the rest will too. Which is why more people here should care about it.

Brighton Sky Blue

No point worrying about it until next election. As I say, times change. Biggest issue Labour have got is Johnson appears to be relatively big state....well at the moment. If Labour try to move to the left of that I agree with you, they’ll struggle but as I’ve said before they are likely to compete on competence.

Depending on split of left vote in certain constituencies Lib Dems could pick up a some Tory seats as well

Labour need to gain over 100 seats to even get near forming a government. And even if this somehow happened it’s going to be a contest between who can rip on public services and young people the most to clinch the 50+ Daily Mail vote.

My main gripe is just being in a real minority of opinion in a country that’s drifting further right

Astute

Labour need to gain over 100 seats to even get near forming a government. And even if this somehow happened it’s going to be a contest between who can rip on public services and young people the most to clinch the 50+ Daily Mail vote.

My main gripe is just being in a real minority of opinion in a country that’s drifting further right
People are afraid of voting for a left wing party. It is as simple as that.

Look at the last time Labour got in. They were more like the Tories than the Tories were.

Astute

A lot of the same arguments that were used for Brexit. Do not underestimate what a bit of jingoistic tubthumping can do.
Didn't work last time in Scotland but if you believed what was being said at the time you would have thought it would at least be close.

skybluetony176

Once one goes the rest will too. Which is why more people here should care about it.
It’s difficult to see how Scotland can loose out if it left the UK and rejoined or in actual fact didn’t rejoin the EU. Yes England is still Scotland’s biggest trading partner but given we can’t afford to police the border with the EU and just wave goods through the same is going to happen with Scottish goods. Scotland’s trade with Northern Ireland and Ireland which has been damaged by Brexit can be restored, Scottish farmers can regain access to the common market, Scottish fishermen can regain access to the common market. Struggling to see how Scotland leaving the UK is going to harm them, can only see benefits. Certainly makes more sense than brexit and that’s entirely on brexit. Brexit has tipped the scales for Scotland if you ask me even before you consider that Scotland voted remain. In fact Scotland voting remain isn’t even relevant anymore.

Astute

It’s difficult to see how Scotland can loose out if it left the UK and rejoined or in actual fact didn’t rejoin the EU. Yes England is still Scotland’s biggest trading partner but given we can’t afford to police the border with the EU and just wave goods through the same is going to happen with Scottish goods. Scotland’s trade with Northern Ireland and Ireland which has been damaged by Brexit can be restored, Scottish farmers can regain access to the common market, Scottish fishermen can regain access to the common market. Struggling to see how Scotland leaving the UK is going to harm them, can only see benefits. Certainly makes more sense than brexit and that’s entirely on brexit. Brexit has tipped the scales for Scotland if you ask me even before you consider that Scotland voted remain. In fact Scotland voting remain isn’t even relevant anymore.
This just shows you don't have a clue.

The common market was what we joined. It became the EU.

So you think that Scotland could have an open border with England but could also join the EU?

skybluetony176

This just shows you don't have a clue.

The common market was what we joined. It became the EU.

So you think that Scotland could have an open border with England but could also join the EU?
The EU has an open border with the UK right now. We’re not checking goods coming into the UK from the EU. The only border we’re policing is the one we’ve put in the Irish Sea cutting the UK in two. The only people implementing brexit and policing the EU border with the UK is the EU. You should try understanding what’s actually happening before accusing others of not having a clue.

Astute

The EU has an open border with the UK right now. We’re not checking goods coming into the UK from the EU. The only border we’re policing is the one we’ve put in the Irish Sea cutting the UK in two. The only people implementing brexit and policing the EU border with the UK is the EU. You should try understanding what’s actually happening before accusing others of not having a clue.
Wrong. But also not what you stated.

And what about this common market you say about and how do you explain Scotland joining the EU without a solid border between Scotland and England? Would be more of a hard sell than Ireland is.

Users who are viewing this thread