Do you want to discuss boring politics? (27 Viewers)

Ian1779

Bit harsh to mock Streeting and Starmer so openly…

3E2C2804-D5FE-4AD5-AA8D-A247651370E3.png

skybluetony176

He was always going to play the victim. Regardless of if the enquiry cleared him or not. Sunak’s letter to him accepting his resignation ain’t much better.

PVA

His resignation letter is absolutely dreadful.

Exactly what you’d expect a narcissistic bullying twat to say.

It’s always the same with these idiots when they get caught out. No apology and no contrition, just sorry he got caught. And in this case claiming that the threshold for bullying is being set too low. What a wanker.

Sky Blue Pete

He is it seems a perfect example of an entitled bully. I have worked with and represented people who have been victims of exactly that kind of behaviour

Sky Blue Pete

Wtf is Raab on about activist senior civil servants who work in a passive aggressive way blocking government policy.
I fear he means something completely different
I also fear we may have that with mr king.
As a minister you state your desire and work with the civil service to make it possible you don’t tell them or bully them into doing things they know won’t work you listen to their knowledge and experience
Worst form of bully who has no idea of how his actions affect others

Grendel

Wtf is Raab on about activist senior civil servants who work in a passive aggressive way blocking government policy.
I fear he means something completely different
I also fear we may have that with mr king.
As a minister you state your desire and work with the civil service to make it possible you don’t tell them or bully them into doing things they know won’t work you listen to their knowledge and experience
Worst form of bully who has no idea of how his actions affect others

Mr King??

Sky Blue Pete

You don’t seem to be sharing the love in for Doug
Who is he?
Why is he involved?
What does he bring?
Why should we trust him?
I know you don’t think much of many of the players involved but like Raab and the civil servants just cause you’re the top dog doesn’t mean you don’t listen to those with the corporate history and knowledge

Don’t get me wrong he’s more successful than me in monetary and position terms

Who am I but I wasn’t impressed at the forum. Maybe you lot are getting under my middle class politeness at all cost exterior and I’m not willing to wait to be screwed before expecting the least modicum of honesty and transparency

TomRad85

Who is he?
Why is he involved?
What does he bring?
Why should we trust him?
I know you don’t think much of many of the players involved but like Raab and the civil servants just cause you’re the top dog doesn’t mean you don’t listen to those with the corporate history and knowledge

Don’t get me wrong he’s more successful than me in monetary and position terms

Who am I but I wasn’t impressed at the forum. Maybe you lot are getting under my middle class politeness at all cost exterior and I’m not willing to wait to be screwed before expecting the least modicum of honesty and transparency
Interesting that you generally spoke more highly of Seppala than King. I'm not sure what he's about yet but that's baffling, he'd really have to shit the bed to be worse than her.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Interesting that you generally spoke more highly of Seppala than King. I'm not sure what he's about yet but that's baffling, he'd really have to shit the bed to be worse than her.

Sorry don’t mean to come across like that. To be fair since I got to speak to her she’d taken a massive step back and allowed the football people to get on with the job of progressing the club without interference.

Was just annoyed at his dismissal on the question of a deal with the arena owner. As if it was pointless talking to us. It’s fine. Maybe my doubts will be broadly dispelled by what happens from now

I hear things though

TomRad85

Sorry don’t mean to come across like that. To be fair since I got to speak to her she’d taken a massive step back and allowed the football people to get on with the job of progressing the club without interference.

Was just annoyed at his dismissal on the question of a deal with the arena owner. As if it was pointless talking to us. It’s fine. Maybe my doubts will be broadly dispelled by what happens from now

I hear things though
Were you one of the folks who believe he's a stand in for Ashley?

shmmeee

I hear things though

Firstly: stop posting about football in off topic!

Seriously though I’ve heard similar things, it’ll all come down to if he progresses the club. If he does anything he does is justified, if not it’s not. That’s football really.

TomRad85

Firstly: stop posting about football in off topic!

Seriously though I’ve heard similar things, it’ll all come down to if he progresses the club. If he does anything he does is justified, if not it’s not. That’s football really.
If you've heard shit we want it spilled though. That's what the forum is for.

shmmeee

If you've heard shit we want it spilled though. That's what the forum is for.

Nothing worth spilling, just grumbles that line up with what Pete is saying. I think King has ruffled a few feathers. If it works out we’ll all say it was the right move to shake things up. If not he’s an idiot who should have listened to the experience at the club. Such is leadership.

NorthernWisdom

Nothing worth spilling, just grumbles that line up with what Pete is saying. I think King has ruffled a few feathers. If it works out we’ll all say it was the right move to shake things up. If not he’s an idiot who should have listened to the experience at the club. Such is leadership.
Yeah tbf I'd say certain elements of the club need their feathers ruffled.

We'll see.

skybluetony176

One thing that you can’t argue Corbyn was wrong about

We’ve got to get the Tories out at the next GE to save the NHS. Whatever you think of Starmer you need to vote for the party most likely to do get your sitting Tory MP out or keep your non Tory MP in. Even if that means voting for Starmers Labour candidate.

clint van damme

We’ve got to get the Tories out at the next GE to save the NHS. Whatever you think of Starmer you need to vote for the party most likely to do get your sitting Tory MP out or keep your non Tory MP in. Even if that means voting for Starmers Labour candidate.

Was Wes there?!

fernandopartridge

Labour is quite happy with the Tory model which is effectively a licensing of the NHS brand to any provider, Streeting and Starmer have said as much.

Their commitment to a balanced budget means that the NHS is doomed, unless they're going to raise the overall tax take significantly or cut spending elsewhere somehow.

skybluetony176

Labour is quite happy with the Tory model which is effectively a licensing of the NHS brand to any provider, Streeting and Starmer have said as much.

Their commitment to a balanced budget means that the NHS is doomed, unless they're going to raise the overall tax take significantly or cut spending elsewhere somehow.
I believe that their official policy is to reverse the tax cut on the additional 45% tax rate to pay for improvements in the NHS including training more nurses, doctors and health visitors. Front line at least they’re trying to make improvements and already have a plan to pay for it. I think you’re going to have to stretch a fair bit to say they plan to privatise the NHS rolling out a US style healthcare system provided by US healthcare providers which is clearly the road that the Tories want to go down. Make no mistake, Sunak is continuity Boris.

Users who are viewing this thread