Do you want to discuss boring politics? (22 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I also think Miliband suffered from his advisors trying to make him into something he wasn't in the same way they did Brown.

Instead of focusing on their qualities they tried to push characteristics that were deemed as popular but they both came over looking insincere and that is a right turn off.

It's no coincidence they both look better without that media management.
Same could still be said of Corbyn and Starmer. Don't give off a coherent message because they're being told to do conflicting things to appeal to different people, and in the end pleasing no-one and making them look less electable.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It should be about the substance and not delivery in any case, but that's not how this country works sadly
Only bright spot of this is that Liz looks likely to win the Tory leadership and she got awful delivery. Though I'm sure it'll get spun as her being more 'normal' and like the rest of 'us'. Wheareas same traits in a Labour leader would be 'look at how incompetent they are!"

David O'Day

the us midterms could be interesting

republicans down in races they would think they should win

seems the anyone but trump coalition could be the anyone trump and people like trump coalition

Last edited:

wingy

Seems Grant schapps has proposed taxing bicycles and them having number plates .
Might be precursor for leccy scooters or to dissuade them.

shmmeee

The cynic in me says it’s another way to get some cash out of people.

Madness that you’d try and reduce cycling (for that is why we tax things) when facing dual climate and obesity crises

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For a party that wants to push the narrative that it's firmly behind green initiatives talking about removing levies that would enable faster development of renewable energy and taxing green forms of transport while arguing for the need to use (and in some cases develop) more fossil fuels seems a very odd way to go about it.

Almost like their real agenda is to protect the business interests of their supporters and donors...

Liquid Gold

Seems Grant schapps has proposed taxing bicycles and them having number plates .
Might be precursor for leccy scooters or to dissuade them.
Absolutely idiotic policy that will put people off getting active, improving their help and putting less pollution into the air.

It's just another thing to appeal to their base who despise the young/active though.

skybluetony176

Absolutely idiotic policy that will put people off getting active, improving their help and putting less pollution into the air.

It's just another thing to appeal to their base who despise the young/active though.
Was it Grant Shapps who used to sell get rich quick schemes under numerous aliases online while not actually being rich himself? Would certainly explain this policy if so.

fernandopartridge

The cynic in me says it’s another way to get some cash out of people.

Madness that you’d try and reduce cycling (for that is why we tax things) when facing dual climate and obesity crises
I don't even think it's that, it's just pandering to the mostly reactionary wankers that vote for them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

She started doing that head nod that liars do when they’re lying. Agreeing with themselves. Sacha Baron Cohen does it innThe Dictator when talking about how they’re only enriching uranium for peaceful purposes

Bugsy

She started doing that head nod that liars do when they’re lying. Agreeing with themselves. Sacha Baron Cohen does it innThe Dictator when talking about how they’re only enriching uranium for peaceful purposes

Is she a fucking robot,
always banging on about the same 3 things, haven't they come up with something else that he's done good. Oh yeah that's fuck all,
And why haven't this been dealt with already seems like there taking fuckin ages to sort out the next PM is ridiculous especially when we have this kind of shit to deal with:

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Is she a fucking robot,
always banging on about the same 3 things, haven't they come up with something else that he's done good. Oh yeah that's fuck all,
And why haven't this been dealt with already seems like there taking fuckin ages to sort out the next PM is ridiculous especially when we have this kind of shit to deal with:

shmmeee

It’s not the greatest climate policy I’ve ever seen but it’s a crap ton better than what we have an eminently workable, if a little uninspiring.

wingy

It’s not the greatest climate policy I’ve ever seen but it’s a crap ton better than what we have an eminently workable, if a little uninspiring.

Given the overheated sector of the economy able to fulfill most of this where does the labour force come from?

shmmeee

Given the overheated sector of the economy able to fulfill most of this where does the labour force come from?

This is a very very good point. It’s an issue regardless of the current self inflicted wound on the labour market, because even if we had funds and polticial will to retrofit at the scales needed that workforce won’t be needed once they finish the job, maybe 10-20 years, but still time limited.

Short term it’s got to be immigrant labour hasn’t it? I mean we should be massively improving the training paths to trade work anyway, but like healthcare workers that isn’t going to happen overnight.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In other foreign policy, the amount of young people drinking in Japan has fallen sharply.

You think they'd be saying great! Less health problems associated with it, societal problems and policing linked to it.

But no. They're having a competition for ideas on how to get younger people to drink more! Because they get less tax yen in.

That's the entire point of taxing it! Not to increase your coffers but as a means of dissuading people and providing funds to pay for the problems it creates.

Users who are viewing this thread