Do you want to discuss boring politics? (9 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Boris back today and first point of business is appoint a new Tory chair and a new whip. I wonder who’s shortlisted for the job from a pool so full of quality that Nadine Dorries gets a job on the front bench.

Nick

Administrator
Just reading that this isn’t the first time he’s been implicated in a sexual assault story. Two men accused him in 2017 of sexual assault.

Another resignation and by election in the offing? Will be the 3rd this year due to sexual improprieties amongst Tory MP’s if so. But remember kids, the Tories don’t have an issue though.

Not sure it's just a Tory thing.

Seems more like an MP thing, so many of them seem to be entitled, noncey and think they can get away with anything.

skybluetony176

Not sure it's just a Tory thing.

Seems more like an MP thing, so many of them seem to be entitled, noncey and think they can get away with anything.
For sure. Just at 5 cases just this year already this is actually something that the Tories are actually world beating at.

PVA

So an MP needed a minder to stop him from sexually assaulting people.

Then got promoted.

I mean for fuck sake

clint van damme

Yeah this is the issue when you want to make everything about which side of politics you are on.

Of course this isn't just confined to them, but they're the party of government, the so called party of law and order. Its highly relevant which side of politics they're on.

They reinstated a man with previous for sexual assaults and hes reoffended. These are the people entrusted to run the country.

NorthernWisdom

Of course this isn't just confined to them, but they're the party of government, the so called party of law and order. Its highly relevant which side of politics they're on.

They reinstated a man with previous for sexual assaults and hes reoffended. These are the people entrusted to run the country.
Yeah, I accept in a group of people, there'll be the odd wrong'un. It's how you deal with them that counts, and if true (I accept it's an if) him having to have a minder is pretty damning. Whips are supposed to hold the information to bring MPs down if they rebel - not to be the ones leading the sleaze!

Nick

Administrator

Oh yeah, lock the dirty fucker away. Bigger punishments than normal for these people.

skybluetony176

So an MP needed a minder to stop him from sexually assaulting people.

Then got promoted.

I mean for fuck sake

Got promoted as part of Boris’ reshuffle to deal with the culture in the Tory party and government no less. This was Boris’ attempt to raise standards. Doesn’t say a lot, for either Boris’ judgement or the quality of candidates.

skybluetony176

Lists 8 Tory MP's recently disgraced by sex scandals/assaults

Good job the party has a PM with no history of sleaze and a rigorous Ethics Advisor 🙄
I mean he may as well call a snap election. Even Boris Johnson recognises that he’s Boris Johnson and this is how he is and how he always will be so rather than the situation improving it will only get worse as the Carry on Tory show goes on. His best chance of winning another GE is sooner rather than later when even more shit has been added to what is already a sizeable shit sandwich.

skybluetony176

So. This week we’ve had “Carrie BJ for a job while my actual wife was being treated for cancer gate”followed by “to change the culture in government I’m going to appoint someone as a whip who has a history of sexual improprieties only for him to have to resign following further sexual improprieties gate”. Tune in next week for further gates

Sky Blue Pete

So. This week we’ve had “Carrie BJ for a job while my actual wife was being treated for cancer gate”followed by “to change the culture in government I’m going to appoint someone as a whip who has a history of sexual improprieties only for him to have to resign following further sexual improprieties gate”. Tune in next week for further gates
Come on you knew what he was like he’s not going to change you can’t expect him to

skybluetony176

The headlines this morning are not good for Boris. The fact that he tried to sweep it under the carpet until a fellow Tory made an official complaint forcing Boris to remove the whip. The fact that Boris appointed him in the first place when he absolutely would have known his history of behaviour all show poor judgment. Another by-election seems inevitable now and it would take a smaller swing than Tiverton for the Tories to lose it.

Grendel

Ridiculous, isn't it. How does that actually work, anyway. Your 3yo gets to inherit a mortgage if you die in a car crash?!?

well a 3 year old would in effect inherit the debt anyway so really it’s just a mortgage spread over a longer period

Grendel

Ian1779

The headlines this morning are not good for Boris. The fact that he tried to sweep it under the carpet until a fellow Tory made an official complaint forcing Boris to remove the whip. The fact that Boris appointed him in the first place when he absolutely would have known his history of behaviour all show poor judgment. Another by-election seems inevitable now and it would take a smaller swing than Tiverton for the Tories to lose it.
Are you talking about Pinchers seat?
Can’t see that going to another party to be honest as there is no LD presence really to formulate an alliance… formal or informal.

ACD6ED55-B76E-4001-B66E-FBB420103393.jpeg

NorthernWisdom

Why? There are 40 year mortgages now aren’t there?
Well. leaving aside the fact I'd think that would be stupid too... a mortgage is traditionally affordability, so it's as much across your earning career, isn't it? If we start with the assumption that it can be passed on to children, then it's no longer solely about *your* earning potential.

And a house is surely about being able to afford to live in it? Ultimately, if prices go up or down, that's redundant as long as you can afford to pay (and pay off) the mortage you have, as it's your home.

Of course, if mortgages are still decided by your ability to pay, and nobody else's, a 50 year mortgage will end up just a headline figure that next to nobody would take out, anyway.

I do find it odd how successive governments try to price control the housing market, but just about everything else is left to find its level.

Grendel

Well. leaving aside the fact I'd think that would be stupid too... a mortgage is traditionally affordability, so it's as much across your earning career, isn't it? If we start with the assumption that it can be passed on to children, then it's no longer solely about *your* earning potential.

And a house is surely about being able to afford to live in it? Ultimately, if prices go up or down, that's redundant as long as you can afford to pay (and pay off) the mortage you have, as it's your home.

Of course, if mortgages are still decided by your ability to pay, and nobody else's, a 50 year mortgage will end up just a headline figure that next to nobody would take out, anyway.

I do find it odd how successive governments try to price control the housing market, but just about everything else is left to find its level.

I don’t see it that way at all. One lender claims to offer a 40 year fixed mortgage - that’s incredible and the passing down is an absolute red herring as the mortgage equity gets paid down at some point - yes it’s interest loaded at the start - and the house price grows

If you then take a mortgage insurance policy against the mortgage in decreasing term assurance it would cover the mortgage and cost very little

Sky Blue Pete

He is who he is he can’t change

Users who are viewing this thread